They want us to start wearing masks again???

Gobbler Chaser

8 minutes ago, Chef said:

Not in a significant way no.. they are not a major contributing factor to the spread of covid in this country

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they are positive how could it not effect the numbers, the question remains ,are they positive ? 

8 minutes ago, Chef said:

Not in a significant way no.. they are not a major contributing factor to the spread of covid in this country

Also , you have no way of knowing this , same as I don’t know if they are spreading it significantly - better to be safe than sorry , though , isn’t it ?

8 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

Also , you have no way of knowing this , same as I don’t know if they are spreading it significantly - better to be safe than sorry , though , isn’t it ?

Considering we shut down the entire world last year ,I'd say something as small as at least testing them first would make sense.

• Like 1

You cannot deny the influx of illegals is having a significant impact on COVID numbers and expect to be considered credible.  If you could site a credible source to validate your opinion, you might have a chance, but I think you will be hard pressed to find one.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Grouse said:

You cannot deny the influx of illegals is having a significant impact on COVID numbers and expect to be considered credible.  If you could site a credible source to validate your opinion, you might have a chance, but I think you will be hard pressed to find one.

Correct , and Communist News Network (CNN) and MSDNC dont count 

The issue of illegals entering the country and possibly spreading the virus is a legitimate one and should absolutely be addressed.  But, it's also being used by right wing propagandists to distract from the much more serious issue, which is the recent explosion in covid infections caused by the unvaccinated.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, virgil said:

The issue of illegals entering the country and possibly spreading the virus is a legitimate one and should absolutely be addressed.  But, it's also being used by right wing propagandists to distract from the much more serious issue, which is the recent explosion in covid infections caused by the unvaccinated.

Distract ? If it’s a legitimate Issue as you say, then it should be addressed immediately - no Obfuscation Via right wing propaganda there . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

Distract ? If it’s a legitimate Issue as you say, then it should be addressed immediately - no Obfuscation Via right wing propaganda there . 

I'm not really interested in jumping into another rabbit hole on this forum.

Yes, legitimate issue.  Yes, should be addressed.  And, yes, an intentional distraction or at least another attempt to shift the blame- this time from those who've chosen to be unvaccinated to illegals.  Pretending that the current/impending resurgence is due only or even mostly to illegals is disingenuous.  Simply red meat for the far right.

30 minutes ago, virgil said:

The unvaccinated were not an issue when the numbers were way down.  (And there is no scientific evidence that indicates they are the cause of the spike in numbers now.)  Then the border was opened at the same time we were told the Delta variant was here.  Numbers started to climb and the propaganda focused on the numbers.

At the same time the state audits started to supply info about fraud in the 2020 election, and people started to question all of the things Biden was doing in the country that made no sense.

If there is propaganda being used to distract the masses from real issues, it's the COVID fear mongering coming from the left.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, virgil said:

I'm not really interested in jumping into another rabbit hole on this forum.

Yes, legitimate issue.  Yes, should be addressed.  And, yes, an intentional distraction or at least another attempt to shift the blame- this time from those who've chosen to be unvaccinated to illegals.  Pretending that the current/impending resurgence is due only or even mostly to illegals is disingenuous.  Simply red meat for the far right.

You’re missing the point - if you’re concerned about the virus spreading , enough to criticize others for not receiving it , then you should be equally outraged about the current border crisis , allowing TONS of unvacced individuals across to add to the mix. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Northcountryman said:

You’re missing the point - if you’re concerned about the virus spreading , enough to criticize others for not receiving it , then you should be equally outraged about the current border crisis , allowing TONS of unvacced individuals across to add to the mix. 

I'm concerned about both the disaster at the borders and the disaster of people foolishly choosing the remain unvaccinated.  Continuing to remain unvaccinated while complaining about the immigration issue makes no sense to me- if you're concerned about an influx of covid-positive illegals in the country, all the more reason to protect yourself and your loved ones by getting vaccinated.  

I'm done on this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/1/2021 at 9:52 AM, Chef said:

What are you talking about all I did was ask for evidence of your statement which you can provide none

Scenario. I person is experiencing symptoms or is tested as part of a routine schedule of their work. They get the PCR test and not the rapid. They test positive for COVID. Is it delta?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, virgil said:

That would make complete sense if we weren't seeing localized outbreaks and the majority of the positive cases are people who were vaccinated . 

33 minutes ago, virgil said:

I'm concerned about both the disaster at the borders and the disaster of people foolishly choosing the remain unvaccinated.  Continuing to remain unvaccinated while complaining about the immigration issue makes no sense to me- if you're concerned about an influx of covid-positive illegals in the country, all the more reason to protect yourself and your loved ones by getting vaccinated.  

I'm done on this.

I’m concerned about illegals streaming across the border , period , with or without COVID crisis . So , my complaining about the immigration fiasco transcends the COVID issue , yet is still consistent with my positions and arguments - yours isn’t . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, virgil said:

I'm done on this.

That’s your opinion. I think it’s “foolish” to get vaccinated by an experimental vaccine that doesn’t stop you from getting it or transmitting COVID. 

• Like 1

With all due respect , Chef , your position is contradictory. On one hand , your on here railing against people -who are American citizens -that aren’t vaccinated , calling them stupid and ignorant , etc. ; yet , your ok with over a MILLION people streaming across , unchecked and unfettered , whose vaccination ( and infection status) is largely unknown, potentially spreading the virus to innocent Americans citizens . If you’re preaching vaccinations to beat the virus and busting people’s chops to those who haven’t received it heretofore , yet , are ok with this , I would say you have completely undermined your own argument- don’t you think? 

One million people is .03% of the us population not very Consequential

Considering we shut down the entire world last year ,I'd say something as small as at least testing them first would make sense.

I don’t disagree that they should be tested in fact I don’t think they should be we should just send them home or at least back across the border

5 minutes ago, Chef said:

I don't have a dog to throw into this fight, but if I did the math correctly, Covid deaths in the US are .01% of the US population, and most people are considering that number very consequential..

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chef said:

It’s actually over. 1 million now , and growing by the thousands daily- when will it be too many for y ou then? I think it’s reckless ( actually I know it’s reckless ) and hypocritical. This administration is failing miserably in terms of border security 

17 minutes ago, Chef said:

• Like 1