Afghanistan falls in a week, WTH?

6 minutes ago, Splitear said:

I do not regret not voting for Trump however, there is no way that was going to happen. Just too many things that I can't get over about him. However, I'm not sure if Biden were to run again if he would have my vote a 2nd time. Time will tell. 

I completely understand your sentiments and, although I disagree with your position on Trump, respect your  decision and understand why you voted the way you did.

• Like 2

On 8/16/2021 at 2:44 PM, ADK Native said:

Biden, Trump battle over who's to blame for Afghanistan

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/biden-trump-battle-over-whos-to-blame-for-afghanistan/ar-AANnXT7?ocid=SL5GDHP&li=BBnb7Kz

Now the finger pointing starts.

The article states “With Republicans and national security hawks second guessing the entire operation, Biden dug in on his decision on Saturday while pointing the finger in part at Trump.

”Second guessing”?  All those involved in the planning and execution of military operations in Afghanistan are a failure.  Anyone with a knowledge of Afghan history and the failure of the Vietnam War could have seen the same outcome.  Just like in South Vietnam, the will of the people was not supporting the destruction of communist forces in their country.  Former Presidents Kennedy and Johnson were well aware of the unwillingness of many South Vietnamese men refusing to fight the communists.   To many South Vietnamese it was “our war”, not theirs. 

The Afghan mission was to get Osama Bin Laden.  So on May 2, 2011, Bin Laden was reported killed in Pakistan, not Afghanistan by former President Barrack Hussein Obama.  So the mission was accomplished ten years ago, but our government kept sacrificing our military personnel to maintain the profits of the war profiteers.  Why did not Obama end this war?  Why did not former President Trump end the war?  Well the article states “The Trump administration brokered a deal with the Taliban in 2020 that laid out a plan for the U.S. to fully withdraw from Afghanistan by May 2021 if the group upheld certain commitments, such as denying safe haven to al Qaeda.  Trump tried even though the Taliban were terrorist liars.

Of course that deal meant nothing.  The Taliban are terrorists who follow a religion that permits them to lie to those who do not believing their religion.  Added to Trumps situation was the relentless impeachment attacks upon him led by the Democrats, the party of Obama and Biden based on false information to distract and disable Trumps ability to work for the American people.  Ironic how former President Nixon wanted to end the Vietnam War faced impeachment and Trump 

The reality is there are people unwilling to fight for their freedom.  There are Americans who are unwilling to fight for their own freedom.  They are no different than many of these Afghans now running.  Not just the old draft dodgers, but many others not held by any threat of a military draft since it ended on January 27, 1973.

That's because the MIC... military industrial complex.... WANTED this to continue for as long as possible... it's sick Really!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

Well GC, if that is accurate, you got me there!! 

That was part of the DEAL... but Biden didn't Follow Trump's plan.... which was to have conditions before leaving... and making sure all our weapons were brought back or destroyed as well as bringing Americans home and Afghans who helped us before bailing.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, stubborn1VT said:

Yeah he does.  His son actually served, which is more than any Trump ever did.  Biden doesn't go around calling them suckers and losers either.  

The crack head who keeps losing his computer or a different one?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

The evacuation plan seems to being going horribly wrong ,planes leaving with only 7 people aboard ?  I cant even imagine what these people are going through. 

This morning showed the Taliban open firing on protestors and beating a woman and child 

Just now, blackbeltbill said:

How is it that Trump is Banned from Twitter- yet people involved with the Evil Taliban ARE NOT!!!

Thank You Fox and Kaylee for bringing this to light.

I know, just saw that- the hypocrisy and BLATANT AS HELL double standard displayed by Twitter is absolutely unconscionable!   This is why Ill never sign up for a Twitter account!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, greg54 said:

Not a peep out of Kamala Harris on the situation in Afghanistan and the beating and treatment of women. She must be busy leading the charge at the southern border.

I think theyre intentionally keeping her out of this for damage control; also, to ensure that she doesnt stick her foot in her mouth.

• Like 2

I promised myself I'd step away from this nonsense of following trollville, but the world is surely in crisis and our military forces and civilians abroad are in grave jeopardy. I hope these events do not cross over into our homeland and we suffer another 9/11 event.

I surely didn't agree with all of Trump's antics, rants and self-boasting speeches, but I believe he was a strongly recognized force on the world front.

Even, if that was born of other countries and factions solely being in fear of him and military actions/responses from this country.

The middle East has never been at ease and unfortunately innocents have and will suffer at the hands of militant groups. 

TROLL DISCLAIMER: Please do not fell the need to quote me, attempt to restate my position either past or present.

I simply wish that no harm come to our military, civilians abroad and our world neighbors and friends....    

• Like 1

1 minute ago, luberhill said:

Now comes removal of Biden from office , part of Pelosi's plan

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/08/18/politics/democratic-response-afghanistan-withdrawal/index.html

I think even the hard left is shocked by the abject incompetence on display past few days by this administration.  Did you see that he held a press conference today about COVID Boosters for God's sakes?  Didnt even mention the Afghan debacle- talk about a red-herring attempt to distract attention!!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

I think even the hard left is shocked by the abject incompetence on display past few days by this administration.  Did you see that he held a press conference today about COVID Boosters for God's sakes?  Didnt even mention the Afghan debacle- talk about a red-herring attempt to distract attention!!

But America is back ,biden said so. 

The most popular president in human history .

Edited by phantom
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

But America is back ,biden said so. 

The most popular president in human history .

People not in politics who can think for themselves saw this abortion of a presidency coming from a mile away . The guy is completely mentally flawed ,he needs to step down and get into assisted living . maybe play bingo on Tuesdays if he's not too sleepy from watching the wheel.

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

People not in politics who can think for themselves saw this abortion of a presidency coming from a mile away . The guy is completely mentally flawed ,he needs to step down and get into assisted living . maybe play bingo on Tuesdays if he's not too sleepy from watching the wheel.

you mean abomination? Nice try...

29 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I don't know  but don't you think we should have   left 1 base there so we could  easily bomb the crap out of them if they start back up with that terrorism crap ?    Was not that the  point of us  being there ? Not nation building . 

• Like 1