You got to be kidding me, Jets just traded for Tebow. WHY!?

burmjohn

The thing Tebow brings to the plate is ...... he is a running threat like in a Wildcat situation . He is not an accurate passer or someone who would fit into a passing game . He would be a good fit in Buffalo where we will probably have more running plays than passing .

Now ..... what if Manning gets hurt in pre-season . That's a lot of money down the drain .

As of 5:15pm,trade was on hold.However,I think denver made a major blunder.One good hit and their 37 year old,surgicaly repaired investment is in a wheel chair for life.This deal,If it goes through,cost the Jets very little,4th & 6th pick in 2012.I like the deal.

The Jets are NUTS!!!! Unless they switch Tebow to another position (He could play a few well!), they have wasted their money (and draft picks). Tim Tebow was a very successful college football player; not so as an NFL player. Now it is time for him to find something worthwhile to do.

As of 5:15pm,trade was on hold.However,I think denver made a major blunder.One good hit and their 37 year old,surgicaly repaired investment is in a wheel chair for life.This deal,If it goes through,cost the Jets very little,4th & 6th pick in 2012.I like the deal.

The deal is back on...

I agree .. major blunder... Why don't these guys realize when it's time to retire gracefully? Manning doesn't want to go out like Favre... it's a shame.. Manning, like Farve, has nothing more to prove... he should step away from the game as a Colt and call it a great career.

• Like 1

Good gravy, Tebow has been in the league for a grand total of 2 seasons so far, and has yet to start a total of 1 season and people can already say how good of a QB he will ever be in the NFL? :rolleyes: He wasnt supposed to have been that great when he entered college, according to the "experts" and look what he turned out to be. Can I borrow the crystal ball you guys are looking at?

The Jets got the deal of the decade on Tebow and the Broncos have made a bad choice. Manning is one of, if not my favorite QB of all time, but Denver had a good thing with Tebow and shouldnt have been so quick to toss him to the side. The Jets need to get rid of the over-hyped rapist they have for a QB anyhow. Oops, did I say that out loud? LMAO

That's a lot to give (money and draft picks) and a lot of risk for a gimmick player. If indeed Sanchez isn't the future then why not make a run at Peyton and why give Sanchez a huge extension. What about the club house psyche? Doesn't Tebow undermine Sanchez's leadership? The leader of your team cannot be a bench player. Sanchez already has the mental fortitude of a teenage girl with pimples. What about Santonio Holmes? Isn't he going to throw a fit when Tebow runs the ball instead of throwing it to him?

Bottom line. The Jets have 2 QBs and neither of which can throw a football. They're more concerned with filling the back pages and the seats then they are of winning football games.

Easy there haters !!!! Tebow is good for NY, for starters he is better than Sanchez, having two young QBs is a good problem to have. Give Tebow some time, you will be next joining Tebowmania or Timsanity....LOL

Most importantly, NFL is entertainment, so let me tell you this Jets fans, You will be entertained this year, that's guaranteed (C'mon Rex, you can at least guarantee that...) :-)

Edited by bkln

Can't understand the ego of some of these stars/celebrities....if I had major neck surgery and was a mult-millionaire...doubt that I'd be in there risking my life or a paralyzing injury. I hope Manning knows what he's doing....

Tebow sells tickets, and he creates attention....all good news for the Jets, not-so good news for Mark Sanchez. Maybe he'll get Rex to go down on a knee & pray also. :rofl:

Manning has enough money, he just wants to play the game as long as he can. Alot of these guys arent just in it for the cash. Same thing with Favre, he kept going as longg as he could because he just plain loved the game.

Truth. The Mannings are a class act. Giants and Colts fans have been very fortunate to have had the oppurtunity to watch them play.