I Needed A Boost Of Confidence.....

Lawdwaz

A couple weeks ago I bought a new quiver and since it wouldn't fit without an a-dapter kit (And with a little bit of help with an adapter kit-Johnny Cash) from the same company, got it all mounted up and low and behold the extra bump out for the A kit my sight wouldn't adjust enough to give me enough windage to get back to center bull.......I was a couple inches to the left at 20 yards.  

I still shot it and tried to figure out WTF I was going to do.  I just couldn't get from here to there......damn it all.  So tonight after a very stressful day with calm winds and a few minutes to spare, I backed my truck into the rear lot of our building at work and got the block set up at 20 yards.  

As expected (magical archery fairy's didn't hold op their end of the deal) all my shots were a couple or even three inches to the left.  I said to myself, "fugg it" and put the Allen wrench to work.  Pulled my sight, the quiver mounting bracket and quiver.  Re-mounted the sight, cranked it back a few turns and within minutes I was back in business.

Without trying to send Biz into a coronary, I proceeded to plunk 5 shots into the bull at 60'.   Yup Tommy, 5 shots at 20 yards and no damage done to shafts, knocks or vanes but there was plenty of rubbing, all the confidence I NEEDED going into this season.    :)

77D8FADB-89F8-4FC7-B1A5-C334284F00A5.jpeg

Edited by Lawdwaz
  • Like 21

3 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

Ok at 20 but what about 49,50,51,52,53,54,55….

Couldn't, wouldn't and shouldn't. 

I'm pretty much a VERY close range archer. I've only killed one buck over 30 yards (30-32??) and 99% of the rest inside of 20 yards.   Yes, last year the second shot on the buck I killed was way out of my comfort zone but I made it work and it was deadly.  I'd never take that shot on a healthy, un-wounded deer.  I know my personal limits as I'm sure you do also.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

A couple weeks ago I bought a new quiver and since it wouldn't fit without an a-dapter kit (And with a little bit of help with an adapter kit-Johnny Cash) from the same company, got it all mounted up and low and behold the extra bump out for the A kit my sight wouldn't adjust enough to give me enough windage to get back to center bull.......I was a couple inches to the left at 20 yards.  

I still shot it and tried to figure out WTF I was going to do.  I just couldn't get from here to there......damn it all.  So tonight after a very stressful day with calm winds and a few minutes to spare, I backed my truck into the rear lot of our building at work and got the block set up at 20 yards.  

As expected (magical archery fairy's didn't hold op their end of the deal) all my shots were a couple or even three inches to the left.  I said to myself, "fugg it" and put the Allen wrench to work.  Pulled my sight, the quiver mounting bracket and quiver.  Re-mounted the sight, cranked it back a few turns and within minutes I was back in business.

Without trying to send Biz into a coronary, I proceeded to plunk 5 shots into the bull at 60'.   Yup Tommy, 5 shots at 20 yards and no damage done to shafts, knocks or vanes but there was plenty of rubbing, all the confidence I NEEDED going into this season.    :)

77D8FADB-89F8-4FC7-B1A5-C334284F00A5.jpeg

I think you already found the boost of confidence. 

3 minutes ago, G-Man said:

Stopped shooting groups years ago. Multiple dots ..arrows are to expensive and a robinhood in aluminum arrows were way more fun ....

You obviously are a superior shot!

If I would have Robin Hooded' one then I'd have stopped.  I'm not too worried about a single ruined shaft; I enjoy this stuff.  

1 minute ago, Lawdwaz said:

You obviously are a superior shot!

If I would have Robin Hooded' one then I'd have stopped.  I'm not too worried about a single ruined shaft; I enjoy this stuff.  

Almost 30 bucks an arrow today..  I enjoy it but my pocket book doesn't even the "accidents " that use to be fun aren't anymore.. 

Almost 30 bucks an arrow today..  I enjoy it but my pocket book doesn't even the "accidents " that use to be fun aren't anymore.. 

Same. Twice I got talked into shooting 3 shots groups and twice I Nicked and split them. I got no problem walking back and forth or shooting different spots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Great day Larry. Just one question. Backed the truck up for the target? You couldn’t carry it? Is it attached to your 140lb vice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

"I backed my truck into the rear lot of our building at work and got the block set up at 20 yards" 

I park in front during the work day, typically.

A tailgate is a pretty handy thing for lots of uses.....including working on the bow or setting a beer on.  And no, the vice is not attached but is still for sale at a reduced price.

• Like 1