Who's Gambling Now?

Five Seasons

I downloaded Caesars app and threw out a few bets, but I’m sure I’ll get bored.  I’ve got into sports betting a few times over the years and I always lost interest.  It’s apparently the one thing that my addictive personality doesn’t take hold of.  The app was kinda slow and shitty the first day too, which surprised me. 

My best bet was Herbert and Carr both over 1.5 passing TDs @+180.  Made that game even more exciting.  What a finish there by the way.

4 minutes ago, johnplav said:

I downloaded Caesars app and threw out a few bets, but I’m sure I’ll get bored.  I’ve got into sports betting a few times over the years and I always lost interest.  It’s apparently the one thing that my addictive personality doesn’t take hold of.  The app was kinda slow and shitty the first day too, which surprised me. 

My best bet was Herbert and Carr both over 1.5 passing TDs @+180.  Made that game even more exciting.  What a finish there by the way.

with the app on your phone it's pretty easy now. For me $20 or so to make a game more interesting is a neat new wrinkle. Will see if I have better luck on sports than I do with options on wallstreet haha

I'm not a gambler. Way back when I worked in a commercial shop, I'd get the 'football tickets' and I'd play along during the season. But never won a dime. My wife enjoys going to play the slots a couple times a year, and I tag along too. But we treat it as just a night out. And every now and then I will bring home a couple lottery tickets for her to scratch off. That's about it for my gambling.

Most gamblers I know are always willing to share when they score. But ya never hear about how much they lose before and after that score. I remember my grampy saying when I was just a pup. "A fool and his money soon separate". 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Related: If anyone wants a $20 Superbowl square hit me up. Its for my daughters softball team so we keep $500. New numbers each quarter.

Q1 $175

Half $400

Q3 $175

Final $750

I'm not a betting person but I'm a sucker for a good fundraiser. Send me a text with Venmo/PayPal info if your taking money that way. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grampy said:

I'm not a gambler. Way back when I worked in a commercial shop, I'd get the 'football tickets' and I'd play along during the season. But never won a dime. My wife enjoys going to play the slots a couple times a year, and I tag along too. But we treat it as just a night out. And every now and then I will bring home a couple lottery tickets for her to scratch off. That's about it for my gambling.

Most gamblers I know are always willing to share when they score. But ya never hear about how much they lose before and after that score. I remember my grampy saying when I was just a pup. "A fool and his money soon separate". 

Not to derail this topic. When i was a kid, probably around 12 years old i was playing basketball with my Dad. I don't remember why but he but bet me 20 bucks that he could make this impossible shot. I said sure and he proceeded to make it. This was a distance that he had to throw the ball overhand with one hand just to reach the basket. I couldn't believe he made it and i was really upset that i lost 20 bucks. Thankfully he gave me an out and offered me double or nothing. Problem was, he sunk it again. I was 12 years old in the year 1985 and owed my Dad 40 Bucks. He made me pay it. That was more than half the money i had saved for a new bike. It was also probably the best life lesson i was ever taught. There is no such thing as a sure bet.

BTW, i would take that bet again.....No way he would make it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5