Need a Place to hunt?

G-Man

Hunting/vacation cabin with 400 acres. Location 9W, between Cuba and Friendship NY. Sleeps 5. Must be non-smoking. Hunters will not have exclusive rights to 400+ acres. There will be some local neighbor hunters. The hunting pressure is very light. There is a pond with a raft next to cabin for fishing or swimming. Located between the Allegheny and Genesee rivers, fishing opportunities abound.

Cabin has kitchen, Bathroom with tub or shower, two large bedrooms with five beds. Great room and play room, mud room, fireplace and outdoor deck. Wifi and tv working. Cell phone reception in the cabin is poor but good at driveway. Bon fire platform available along with fire wood.

Land will be partially logged this summer which will attract more deer. Turkey hunting will not be allowed in 2022 season. Everything else, Bear, deer, grouse, squirrel, rabbit, woodcock , ducks and geese is  open. However only one doe per hunter while I rebalance the herd. This property has been a part of total Quality Deer Management for twenty years. Those rules have been suspended for 2022 season.

The land consists of ponds, a stream, scrub cover, old apple orchards, poplar/ thorn apple woods, hard woods, mature white and red pine and some hay fields and clover fields. Atv trails honeycoom the area. The land has been managed by me and my Dad for 75 years exclusively for wildlife and logging.

Cost: $2000.00 for seven days, which is about the same as five guys can stay at the local EconLodge for 7 days without the use of 400 acres.Extra men over five are $50.00/ day. Refundable security deposit of $250 required. Some weekends available for pre season scouting or romantic get aways.

Available May through December. Pictures available. Chainsaw sculptures and wildlife taxidermy are not to be disturbed.

Comments are turned off. Pm me or reach by email: [email protected]

• Like 2

Lotta money to be the 5th crew of the season to hunt it .By then ,and depending who hunted it and how ,could be a huge waste of money .I guess timing would be everything.

Are you the 6th crew trying to build a buffer week in to let things calm down? Or just thread crapping?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I read it in the context of someone that has invested heavily in the property over time, has a good program in place and is not gonna just let any bunch of wahoos hunt there.   There is significant cost of taxes and maintenance associated with a property like this and to offer it at a price of less than $60 per guy per day seem vey reasonable to me...   I know what it takes to try to maintain and manage 115 acres and the cost of taxes, etc...

Edited by Wildcat
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, WNYTRPR said:

Lotta money to be the 5th crew of the season to hunt it .By then ,and depending who hunted it and how ,could be a huge waste of money .I guess timing would be everything.

Right. Awesome up until ‘Neighbors Hunting probably an awesome getaway and chance to harvest but with that many on 400 acres learning the land quick and timing would be the most important. If it’s the same property the Op hunts it’s most likely very doable. 

Edited by Four Seasons

Gman- I apologize if this was for your property .I took it as just random info for a hunting spot that you had no ties too ,and that was my thoughts on the subject .I was looking at out of state locations and that weekly rental turned me off a bit .Like i said ,I’ve never hunted that type of situation so forgive me if I’m totally wrong on the subject .To me ,it also sounded like an almost year round rental ,not all hunting either .

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

Right. Awesome up until ‘Neighbors Hunting probably an awesome getaway and chance to harvest but with that many on 400 acres learning the land quick and timing would be the most important. If it’s the same property the Op hunts it’s most likely very doable. 

I’d say opening of gun season (first week )it would be great .

4 minutes ago, Waterfowler said:

Where does it say 5th crew of season?

Hypothetically.it’s $2k a week .4 weeks in October ,4 weeks in November.potentially up to 40 people hunting one property in 2 months .Sorry ,I don’t like sloppy seconds .whether it’s hunting or trapping .Now continue to climb on me .Honestly ,I don’t see a problem with my thought process .I politely asked if I was wrong for thinking like this and wanted a reason why I was wrong .So far ,nothing .

• Like 2

I was hesitant about out of state hunts that offered the same thing .I was unsure of how a place would produce if I was the guy who showed up in the third week ,to hunt Whitetail .Seems to be quite the amount of foot traffic prior to my arrival .Like i said ,school me if I’m wrong about thinking like this .

Here's a little tidbit from the OP's OP...........

"Hunters will not have exclusive rights to 400+ acres. There will be some local neighbor hunters. The hunting pressure is very light."

I doubt Gman has any connection to this.  He really should have done a disclaimer.

Edited by Lawdwaz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, WNYTRPR said:

Hypothetically.it’s $2k a week .4 weeks in October ,4 weeks in November.potentially up to 40 people hunting one property in 2 months .Sorry ,I don’t like sloppy seconds .whether it’s hunting or trapping .Now continue to climb on me .Honestly ,I don’t see a problem with my thought process .I politely asked if I was wrong for thinking like this and wanted a reason why I was wrong .So far ,nothing .

Not jumping on you, just didn’t know what you were talking about 

1st week of Oct. Or 11/5-13.  Guaranteed a deer,   if there is any..lol.

Seriously though. It all depends on the property. There are properties where I would test my luck after that much pressure all day long during the rut. Other pieces I wouldn't even bother.