Need a Place to hunt?

G-Man

Maybe demented minds think alike. Lol. 

Post of the year contender!!!

Please tell me you know I say this with humor. We have different styles and motivations but I respect how you do what you do and like to keep it real for the meat hunters like me (not like wolc- he’s NUTS…for nuts..that’s also humor for those keeping score!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Post of the year contender!!!

Please tell me you know I say this with humor. We have different styles and motivations but I respect how you do what you do and like to keep it real for the meat hunters like me (not like wolc- he’s NUTS…for nuts..that’s also humor for those keeping score!)

We are all the same deep down inside. Well except for him. Can’t wrap my mind around someone that preaches the holy bull of this and that and then targets the weakest, youngest and dumbest. 

4 hours ago, ncountry said:

If I didn't have so many trips already planned , I would be interested.  Fairly inexpensive trip for a group of guys.

Is it your property G-Man?

No just nearby , just a repost as people seem to always be looking .. figured I'd post it maybe help someone out.  His contact info email is in there for questions. I didn't know how to post his photos with this

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WNYTRPR said:

Gman- I apologize if this was for your property .I took it as just random info for a hunting spot that you had no ties too ,and that was my thoughts on the subject .I was looking at out of state locations and that weekly rental turned me off a bit .Like i said ,I’ve never hunted that type of situation so forgive me if I’m totally wrong on the subject .To me ,it also sounded like an almost year round rental ,not all hunting either .

Not my place , I've never charged anyone to hunt mine, just figured I'd pass along an opportunity for someone looking  for a place to go. 

Not my place , I've never charged anyone to hunt mine, just figured I'd pass along an opportunity for someone looking  for a place to go. 

Cool. I guess I read to OP post too fast and thought it was yours.
To WNYTRPPERS question then can a 400 acre prop handle this kind of pressure with potentiality for success in the later weeks?
I never had that luxury of hunting a place that large (besides public).

23 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Cool. I guess I read to OP post too fast and thought it was yours.
To WNYTRPPERS question then can a 400 acre prop handle this kind of pressure with potentiality for success in the later weeks?
I never had that luxury of hunting a place that large (besides public).

Most pressure drops off after Thanksgiving,  if the property has thermal cover and nearby food it's a gold mine .   You would have to get photos of property from him at his email.   I have basically 10 hunters on 300 acres and it all about how it's accessed and hunted. Imo. 

• Like 1

On 2/2/2022 at 10:00 PM, Four Seasons said:

We are all the same deep down inside. Well except for him. Can’t wrap my mind around someone that preaches the holy bull of this and that and then targets the weakest, youngest and dumbest. 

Honestly by constantly targeting whoever your talking about, you are kind of being a hypocrite, and your not adding anything positive, you just keep cutting him down. Rise above and add some good stuff to the forum. You find the other guy so inadequate as a hunter compared to you and you just keep feeding into it. He's clearly set in his ways, but obviously so are you. I can't imagine it's good for your heart to keep letting his rhetoric bother you so much? 

6 hours ago, DirtTime said:

We pay less then half of that for our cabin and don't have to share it with anyone we don't invite. About 70,000 acres of 'shared' land to hunt in an hour drive. Plenty of hiking and fishing in the area as well.

Tons of public land around the area as well.  But imo a little steep . But just posted it someone may want to try it

2 hours ago, Kmartinson said:

Honestly by constantly targeting whoever your talking about, you are kind of being a hypocrite, and your not adding anything positive, you just keep cutting him down. Rise above and add some good stuff to the forum. You find the other guy so inadequate as a hunter compared to you and you just keep feeding into it. He's clearly set in his ways, but obviously so are you. I can't imagine it's good for your heart to keep letting his rhetoric bother you so much? 

Call a spade a spade.    Let’s preach the book and then do as he does. Perfect.         And I’m sure if it does not fit your reading you are capable of moving along. But maybe what your adding is so-called positive. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

Call a spade a spade.    Let’s preach the book and then do as he does. Perfect.         And I’m sure if it does not fit your reading you are capable of moving along. But maybe what your adding is so-called positive. 

May be your right im over stepping. I've read same thing alot of times. The crazy thing is your both on forum for the same reasons.  Your both hunters and outdoorsman.... 

5 minutes ago, phade said:

I have several leases and arrangements in and out of state. Wouldn't touch that scenario with a 10 ft pole.

When I look at this, I think of different groups of guys that I know that travel down to the southern tier and spend close to that much on hotel rooms. Seems like this might be a better option, even if they just used it as a temporary camp and hunted local public lands like they do now.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, G-Man said:

Tons of public land around the area as well.  But imo a little steep . But just posted it someone may want to try it

I understand that, and I knew you aren't involved personally the deal you posted about. I was also just making an observation into what the cost could be for the same options.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2022 at 4:32 PM, ncountry said:

When I look at this, I think of different groups of guys that I know that travel down to the southern tier and spend close to that much on hotel rooms. Seems like this might be a better option, even if they just used it as a temporary camp and hunted local public lands like they do now.

Hotel costs can add up no doubt but you could also buy a camper, or other options that don't just get this to you for a week, and an unexclusive week at that.

But for me, that just screams no. Above all else, look at the rules and info, and pay less attention to what the rules are actually about and more to the narrative of the rules this person put out. This owner would NOT be good to work with. Micro-manager to the Nth degree. My experience has taught me when they put out this type of detail and requests, and rules, it's usually not a good situation to involve in.

The owner to my Ohio lease called me yesterday - for no reason. Just to say hi and see how my hunting partner was doing with his pneumonia that he had, and to shoot the crap. He's going to call me as soon as they get bare ground so we can shoot down and look for sheds.

The owner who posted the above - he'll be calling to complain about a micro-management issue. 

Edited by phade
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, phade said:

Hotel costs can add up no doubt but you could also buy a camper, or other options that don't just get this to you for a week, and an unexclusive week at that.

But for me, that just screams no. Above all else, look at the rules and info, and pay less attention to what the rules are actually about and more to the narrative of the rules this person put out. This owner would NOT be good to work with. Micro-manager to the Nth degree. My experience has taught me when they put out this type of detail and requests, and rules, it's usually not a good situation to involve in.

The owner to my Ohio lease called me yesterday - for no reason. Just to say hi and see how my hunting partner was doing with his pneumonia that he had, and to shoot the crap. He's going to call me as soon as they get bare ground so we can shoot down and look for sheds.

The owner who posted the above - he'll be calling to complain about a micro-management issue. 

Seems I hear of some good land owners who lease out in Ohio .That’s a relationship I’d want .And happy to give my money to .

Im still surprised I got jumped on a bit with my initial sensible thoughts .Some guys just must be desperate to hunt anything .

Edited by WNYTRPR

1 minute ago, WNYTRPR said:

So many years can be wasted trying to find the right lease ?

Alot of times you don't really know until you get a season under your belt there. Due diligence helps but it's not foolproof.

No different than buying a property or home or whatever. 

14 minutes ago, phade said:

Alot of times you don't really know until you get a season under your belt there. Due diligence helps but it's not foolproof.

No different than buying a property or home or whatever. 

I’ve looked into out of state lands to lease .What’s always in the back of my head is ,if it’s available ,must not be that good .Is that often the case ?

There are so many options. Some states have alot of public access, others have almost none. Long term leases with logging companies can be awesome. Leasing things from other hunters can be problematic. You can research many areas for the amount and caliber of deer killed. Take your time, I would want full control for the whole season, as well as other seasons and shed hunting. Get your money's worth.  Deer don't like people, and change thier pattern based on pressure, even 1 week of presure can drive deer off of the land for months at a time.

Often when people hear about certain states they think it's a honey hole, but in reality they wants the prime hunting and soneone else to share the cost with. Unless something is worth the cost to you as a hiking spot I also wouldn't purchase anything I didnt scout thoroughly. 

I've concentrated my efforts in ny and created great caliber of deer on our lease. Im also generally aware of multiple bucks on public.

On 2/7/2022 at 11:05 AM, WNYTRPR said:

I’ve looked into out of state lands to lease .What’s always in the back of my head is ,if it’s available ,must not be that good .Is that often the case ?

Not by any stretch. Sometimes life happens - people can't get time off to hunt, lost a job, aged out of hunting, etc. 

Sometimes it is not good, but that is why you do due diligence to reduce the chance. Look at owner behavior (like this one posting this ad), ask about neighbors, trespassing, etc. Owners may not think something is relevant (not knowing a hunter POV) and so you need to ask specifics. The guy who hunts that one corner opening day actually ends up being the guy who hunts the entire place when the hunters are not there, or that one spot is the prime funnel or pinch for that parcel rendering everywhere else less effective. Neighbor rides horses once in a blue moon means getting daily pics of them on cam. That sort of clarity is really needed.

I am leery of leasing from people who do hunt - there would need to be a good detail and insight behind why they are not choosing to hunt that ground. I've only ever had one good lease from someone who hunts and that is because the guy owns a large number of parcels and is an older "recreational" regular season hunter who likes to go elsewhere to another of his parcels and hunts the same spots over and over (does quite well mind you, too, lol). But in large, hunters will give up a spot if it's not their best or good spots. Due diligence is needed here big time.