Antler Restrictions - What are your thoughts?

TheHunter

Antler Restrictions Poll  

278 members have voted

1. 1. Antler Restrictions Poll

• Yes - I
    • Nope - I
    • Give it a few years to see the results
    • Not Sure

Shame on them to impose their views on others to remove their choice ;)

I know, right?

Calling for the banning of a perfectly legal hunting practice....that's antihunting.

Its a lot worse than preventing someone from legalizing a controversial and questionable method. 8)

different destination.....same highway ;)

I agree, just because you may of out qrown just filling your tag with a buck to wanting a trophy is not a reason to change something. If you want a trophy pass the little ones and be prepard to not fill your tag. I get the feeling that if ar's were in place they expect big bucks to be behind every tree... and even if it happened that way then what 160" plus only legal... If your happy with what you shoot then i don't have a problem with that,just don't complain if i wait and get someting bigger ;)

in order to get their trophies, you need to not shoot anything, so they have better odds.  But buy your tag so they do not get an increase in fees, and buy all the equipment, but they will decide which ones you can use and when so you do not infringe upon their god given rights to have the woods to themselves. 

The more I see your posts the more I see how little anyone knows about the purpose of AR's... you all are so missing the real point...it has nothing to do with imposing anythin on anyone.. it's an idea that has been successful where needed and will not be imposed on anyone unless it is the right thing for the deer... get off the trophy hunting kick already... the real purpose of AR has nothing to do with trophy hunting... you may think it does because of all the hype you hear by guys that have no idea what they are talking about... If you think the actual original concept of AR's has anything to do with trophy hunting you are dead wrong!

yeah i don get it, your still going on about AR, 98 pages later. if anything maybe you should get with the DEC since you know so much about AR and inform them how it should be instead of trying to convey to a room of hunters what AR really is...

just my opinion....

AR, its a friggin restriction on antlers to give lesser qaulity buck the chance to grow! jesus christ!!

it cant be put more simpler then that!!!!

Joe, maybe you should start a post called herd management! I know what you are trying to say because i am an old qdm member, unfortunatly the term AR has become the rallying cry of trophy hunters.Which is why i have to be against mandatory ar's.to bad though qdm started as somthing really good,  Kind of the way the word gay once meant something totally different than it does today...... just sayin'

Whats the easiest way to 100 pgs..keep runnin your mouth...i think you arent hearing the average every chance hunter. The people who get home from work and shoot out the door thru the months of oct-dec...as apposed to the every year dream season hunter..the same gutless people who need to say the word "harvest" to make killin sound better..if thats what you do...more power to ya... but i dont need someone whos hearing disney music when they hunt tellin me i must not have skills when all im trying to convey is an idea i had...if i chose to i could shoot 10 deer and not report it..the deer never leave the property..what is the difference between a 1.5 yr old deer as opposed to a 6 yr old? The amount of damage to your ride when that dumb bastard steps infront of you on a dark night..antler ...like i said before..i hunt in wny..look at huntingwny.com on the deer buck contest..those deer are out there..you are lookin for them to be everywhere..hunting will be more cutthroat than ever if all you can take is a legally antlered deer..

Joe, maybe you should start a post called herd management! I know what you are trying to say because i am an old qdm member, unfortunatly the term AR has become the rallying cry of trophy hunters.Which is why i have to be against mandatory ar's.to bad though qdm started as somthing really good,  Kind of the way the word gay once meant something totally different than it does today...... just sayin'

Remember,Ar's alone do nothing to improve the health of the deer herd and the habitat. In fact without a program of herd reduction (HR) both the habitat and the overall health of the deer herd will suffer.

Remember,Ar's alone do nothing to improve the health of the deer herd and the habitat. In fact without a program of herd reduction (HR) both the habitat and the overall health of the deer herd will suffer.

That is absolutely correct

yeah i don get it, your still going on about AR, 98 pages later. if anything maybe you should get with the DEC since you know so much about AR and inform them how it should be instead of trying to convey to a room of hunters what AR really is...

just my opinion....

AR, its a friggin restriction on antlers to give lesser qaulity buck the chance to grow! jesus christ!!

it cant be put more simpler then that!!!!

Has nothing to do with lesser quality bucks...thats what I'm talking about when I say you don't know what you're talking about....and thats the reason why this thread is almost 100 pages..because there are guys that still just don't get it....

and those that think the thread is too long or any thread on the forum is being over worked... go to some other thread or start your own if you don't like this one... this is a forum.. a place for discussion.. if you don't like this discussion find another

You said it yourself ...its a forum..im sure of all those years of being a professional d-bag...youve always been right...what say you about the states that are losing their average racksize with ar in place?

."..what say you about the states that are losing their average racksize with ar in place?"

The above quote should be added to the list of oxymorons for all to appreciate. ::)

Whats your issue..is it the jobs it could create..your apprehension of the word bait..the chance to spend more time judging a  deer..perhaps amobg other deer..because you want me to be honest shooting a legal rack..in these hardwoods you get 30 seconds..never a clear look..and same principal as go to a different discussion...you wouldnt have to set up near it if you dont want..but when frankenbuck comes there everyday youd be stupid not to..it all opinions here..

I agree, just because you may of out qrown just filling your tag with a buck to wanting a trophy is not a reason to change something. If you want a trophy pass the little ones and be prepard to not fill your tag. I get the feeling that if ar's were in place they expect big bucks to be behind every tree... and even if it happened that way then what 160" plus only legal... If your happy with what you shoot then i don't have a problem with that,just don't complain if i wait and get someting bigger :)

We have access to about 400 private acres and have been letting the spikes walk for the past 10 yrs. But we have not seen an increase of big bucks . We have about 14 hunters on and off thru the season an this year we only killed a 6pt buck, and a doe during bow season. Also we only shoot does during bow season and most guys in out club don't bow hunt that much any more or just don't shoot them. So where are the deer? The people who border our property also let the small bucks walk, so whats the problem?

Dave