Antler Restrictions - What are your thoughts?

TheHunter

Antler Restrictions Poll  

278 members have voted

1. 1. Antler Restrictions Poll

• Yes - I
    • Nope - I
    • Give it a few years to see the results
    • Not Sure

no your not you are just concerned about haveing things your way (your the it's my-way or the hi-way guy and dam you all if you don't like it).  All you like to do is argue with someone not debate then if they box you in you go on the person attack. All I was stating was is that we need to be aware of what’s going to happen Jan 1st it was not a statement for or against AR’s.

I never said that.. you did. Doesn't matter to me what the DEC comes up with... my standards are way higher than anything they have or would impose anyway. I have never complained about not seeing  enough deer or not seeing enough big bucks... I also don't complain about getting skunked as some guys put it...If NYS decides on an AR or not makes absolutely no diffence in my hunting experience what so ever. I couldn't care less who kills what... I just have an opinion on the subject thats all. If you enjoy killing small bucks, then thats what you ought to do.  I'm NOT even for a point based AR... read my past comments. I think we had this discussion before Larry about you not paying attention

First this thread is on AR’s until guys like you hi-jacked it to state what you think deer hunting should be in this state according to you. And to beat up on others who don’t agree with you.

If you would have read my post after 16gahunter it was not for or against AR’s it’s about what one of the most liberal Governors we have had will do to the DEC and deer management

I guess you right I don’t understand I don’t see anything in any of my post about not seeing deer

Just to let you know I typed real slow to make it easier on you

You last post was gibberish or was it just a rant.

Who's worrying about AR's... I'm more concerned about herd management...

I assume from the title and content of this topic that ARs are involved in this discussion a little bit.  I'm pretty sure that's what we have been discussing.

First this thread is on AR’s until guys like you hi-jacked it to state what you think deer hunting should be in this state according to you. And to beat up on others who don’t agree with you.

If you would have read my post after 16gahunter it was not for or against AR’s it’s about what one of the most liberal Governors we have had will do to the DEC and deer management

I guess you right I don’t understand I don’t see anything in any of my post about not seeing deer

Just to let you know I typed real slow to make it easier on you

You last post was gibberish or was it just a rant.

Nice use of punctuation. A+++! It's just like your math calculations on decrease of percentages...

Stop hijacking this thread with your garbage.

are you a teacher caus u spelling aint so good nether i try not use big words so u can understand.

I don’t think being concerned about what the new governor has in mind for the DEC is garbage. it may be off topic.

I can lower my vocabulary down to your level to trade insults if you want you sanctimonious a##.

As usual any discussion soon turns into pissing match that strays off topic.

PA has had AR for eight years. The results speak for themselves. The percent of the antlered harvest that is comprised of 2½ year old or older deer as gone from 20% prior to AR to 48% in 2008.

Higrading of buck in MS. ? Recent data shows an increase in buck in the age class, 3½ years old or older, with less than 8 points, MS has an 8 point minimum AR. However tools are in the works to correct this problem, sub-4-point (“any buck”) tags. As it is now, 60% of buck harvested in MS reach 3½ years old.

http://www.skylandsqdma.com/great/deer/trends.html

http://msucares.com/pubs/publications/p2427.pdf&sa=U&ei=7eb2TP6QJ4a0lQf6kL2FBg&ved=0CBAQFjAA&sig2=ABSACNgNqE9HHRh-GMZBKQ&usg=AFQjCNGEw8eINhQhLz-BaBiWyKq-ljYWkQ

WOW...Thehunter can cut and paste...there is a pattern there. He does it with any argument he is trying to make as well. Maybe just try one original thought...come on...it won't hurt...I promise

Your another winner...  The only thing I copy and pasted were facts.  Ones you can't understand or comprehend, pretty sad.

As usual any discussion soon turns into pissing match that strays off topic.

PA has had AR for eight years. The results speak for themselves. The percent of the antlered harvest that is comprised of 2½ year old or older deer as gone from 20% prior to AR to 48% in 2008.

Higrading of buck in MS. ? Recent data shows an increase in buck in the age class, 3½ years old or older, with less than 8 points, MS has an 8 point minimum AR. However tools are in the works to correct this problem, sub-4-point (“any buck”) tags. As it is now, 60% of buck harvested in MS reach 3½ years old.

http://www.skylandsqdma.com/great/deer/trends.html

http://msucares.com/pubs/publications/p2427.pdf&sa=U&ei=7eb2TP6QJ4a0lQf6kL2FBg&ved=0CBAQFjAA&sig2=ABSACNgNqE9HHRh-GMZBKQ&usg=AFQjCNGEw8eINhQhLz-BaBiWyKq-ljYWkQ

Yup, more facts these guys can't seem to understand.

And good facts they are..the MS.. AR is kickin' butt. Even though I'm not a fan of point restrictions necessarily.. I guess if you're gonna have them 4 on a side protects the young bucks much better than 3 on a side. The proof is in the putting... or is that puting... whatever