Suggestions for cooking turkey breast

virgil

I'm hoping for some suggestions as to how to cook wild turkey. I have beautiful looking breast filets and can't wait to cook them up. It's easy to find venison recipes. But, I'm finding it hard to find any recipes for wild turkey. Any help would be appreciated.

Only thing I'll ever do anymore is grind mine I've tried all kinds of methods and have finally settled on this. Here is a similar recipe to what I make............

(I just couldn't find mine on my hard drive)

Turkey Tetrazzini

Ingredients:

• 8 ounces thin spaghetti, broken into 3-inch lengths, cooked, rinsed, and drained
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
  • 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, divided
  • 2 to 3 cups diced cooked turkey
  • 2 tablespoons diced pimientos, if desired
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
  • 1/4 chopped cup onion
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth
  • 1/4 cup dry sherry
  • salt and pepper, to taste

Preparation:

Combine spaghetti with 1 cup Cheddar cheese and half of the Parmesan cheese. Add turkey and pimientos. In a skillet, melt butter and sauté mushrooms and onions just until tender; add to the turkey mixture along with remaining ingredients. Gently stir to combine ingredients; place in a greased casserole and sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Cover with lid or foil and bake at 350° for about 45 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.

Serves 6 to 8.

Edited by Lawdwaz

cup of wht wine ...pkg of McCormick Zesty herb marinade...olive oil... 2tbs herbed vinegar....marinade one afternoon...and grill slowly baisting ....serve with grilled shredded potatoes green salad and grilled corn .....dinner last night hhhmmmm

You could try this I have made this way and was great.1 turkey/2 breasts 4 16oz can's diced tomatoe's 5 clove's garlic 1 large oinon diced salt and peper to taste,slow cooked for 3 hour's and served over rice or noodle's melt in the mouth.

For a crowd-pleasing first course of a wild game dinner, try this:

a) Brown a pound of ground wild turkey thigh meat (or use venison burger)...Add a packet of taco meat seasoning and cook as directed...add 1 1/2 teaspoon of liquid smoke as you cook

B) Cut turkey breast cutlets 3/8" thick....then pound down to 1/8" +/- to tenderize

c) Spread a generous helping of the smoke-flavored taco meat on each cutlet...add a generous helping of shredded taco cheese

d) Roll up the cutlets around the filling...wrap with bacon, enclosing ends, too (Bacon should stick and secure the rolls without toothpicks)

e) Bake in a 375 degree oven until the bacon is fairly crisp.....Serve hot out of the oven

• 4 weeks later...