Garden 2022

crappyice

First Dill pickles. We have a dozen plants climbing up the garden fence so lots to come. Folks like em but it seems a crap shoot if crisp or not. Adding grape leaves seems to help a lot. 
pickles.thumb.jpg.21c5b68849d9a5a14a4978507ae321bb.jpg

Tea works as well and is cheaper and easier to get

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peppers for today. Jalapeño branches needed to release some weight so I picked a few. Maybe some cowboy candy in my near future. Poblano peppers are getting close. 

Making garlic confit for the first time with cloves that were separating or I broke the stalk off. I have one more bowl to peel, talk about tedious work. Wonder if that's what the work from home thread is about?

20220713_163148.jpg

20220713_175416.jpg

Edited by corydd7
Added garlic
  • Like 6

Roma tomatoes are loaded! Very slow to grow though. From left to right Hungarian wax peppers, okra, zukes and krimson peppers (I made paprika last year with them).

Plants are loaded, just wanted to relieve some stress from the plants before our big storm tomorrow. Gardens all around NY are going to boom with all this rain tomorrow. 

20220717_124954.jpg

20220717_130033.jpg

• Like 5

You've never eaten on a beach? haha. My garden is right next to my pool, and I have a hard time relaxing so I was multi-tasking

Yes I have but I'm not happy about it! Nor would I subject viewers to such a spectacle.
You do you!!!

• Haha 1

deb797fb606e3fb3792fe0792ecf344a.jpg
Things are really pumping now! 2 cherry tomatoes and another weird green one on the ground!
And I almost forgot.... another rotten yellow squash.
I did smoke a chipmunk today as a mercy killing - he looked hungry since there little to eat in my garden!!

• Like 2

My garden is doing pretty pathetic. Deer are cleaning up my hard work lol. Brassicas are pretty much done. Last night they worked over my green beans. Positive note my tomatoes look fabulous no blight. Collards are doing good. Cucumber and squash and zucchini look okay what came from seeds. Beets and swiss chard very sparse even after planting a couple times. Corn few knee high all others second time planting ankle high. Hope things turn around or I ll just till it in.

That's awesome Belo. I have two plum trees that in ten years I hope to get a harvest like that.

Where you at Biz?! We might need a zucchini showdown soon. Kinda weird something is doing some natural pruning of my zucchini plants. Ate a bunch of flowers but it allowed very quick growth of existing zucchini and great airflow for the plant.

I've already watered twice as much as last year and it looks like a rough week with all this heat and no rain.  Awesome well nose to the grindstone. 

20220720_181618.jpg

• Like 1

Garden is out of control. Been so busy so checked tonite and all my tomato plants fell over cause they are just loaded! Hoping it didn't kill them or I'm gonna have a bunch of tomatoes all at once then nothing. I haven't had this happen before so put 6 more stakes in for support. Had to pick a few green ones that were touching the ground so they didn't just rot.

Lots of Swiss Chard, hot peppers, one zucchini and more coming. Better make some utica greens this weekend and maybe some fried green tomato eggs Benedict. 3460a6db6dd76e45d1e314d64b25da87.jpge79ad112e7bf8471f8f735e5840e9c1d.jpg4043802b17bfc7bb588005d974433aa7.jpgf51623c260547d31bf418bb94cb9f5e6.jpg2b24b24a3691d7345eaf4eedcd2197f7.jpg

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Like 5

That's awesome Belo. I have two plum trees that in ten years I hope to get a harvest like that.
Where you at Biz?! We might need a zucchini showdown soon. Kinda weird something is doing some natural pruning of my zucchini plants. Ate a bunch of flowers but it allowed very quick growth of existing zucchini and great airflow for the plant.

I've already watered twice as much as last year and it looks like a rough week with all this heat and no rain.  Awesome well nose to the grindstone. 
20220720_181618.thumb.jpg.5ee6b1d7c3fa435feb44ed331a1d1a30.jpg

012bc360681a954f37e415e8a0d111d5.jpg

I’ll have to water again tomorrow if we don’t get the rain. I got about 100 green tomatoes total. Tomorrow I’ll probably harvest a few zucchini’s when I check the garden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm picking every second or third day . 6 to 8 zukes  and 10 to 12 summers . I have 3 each zuke  and summer squash  plants . Im up to a dozen cukes. They aren't producing like they should .  Im watering each and every plant with a wand daily . Garden is heavily mulched with straw . They stress in this heat but perk up every night . Tons of green tomatoes.  Butternut squash have taken over that end of the garden and growing into the yard . . Tons of little bell peppers.  Hopefully  I can keep things going to the fall harvest. 

a9a3e52bc19b1253382c1991c0f09557.jpg
74d78a3597d0801330816ba054b87989.png

While harvesting this morning I heard something big move closeby in the heavy cover. I couldn’t see it but I ran up hill through my yard about 200 yards to the back woods to catch a glimpse of a bear, but unfortunately just a doe!

YTD stats:
11 Green zucchini
6 yellow zucchini
10 cups of basil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2