Garden 2022

crappyice

We were away all weekend. I had put out some older mole poison I had from like 8 years ago and a larger squirrel size cage with seeds in it, plus sprinkled some of that "humane" keep away stuff. No luck, the remaining peppers were sliced off at the stem. The perps MO, plus a bean plant on return. I figured I might just let it go... but that's not the kind of guy Belo is, so I went to country max and bought a small cage, rat poison and a plastic rat trap.

Got this guy this morning and he is one of the bigger mice I've seen. Trap baited with a slice of pepper lol. Rebaited and rebought more pepper plants. peanut butter in rat trap untouched. 

Oh and belo doesn't "have a heart" lol.

IMG_1849.thumb.jpeg.5ac4a0f9070935de3687d3357ef2df08.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Belo said:

Maybe? I pictured rats as being skinnier/longer. I don't know if I've ever seen a rat in the country. 

maybe you got that Erin Brockovich water? no wonder your area has such big bucks. something ain't right.

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Paula said:

Absolutely there's rats in the country. Rats can get pretty big, and obviously so can mice look at yours

I caught a Norway rat while muskrat trapping in a marsh years ago. Didn’t expect that to happen. 

We were away all weekend. I had put out some older mole poison I had from like 8 years ago and a larger squirrel size cage with seeds in it, plus sprinkled some of that "humane" keep away stuff. No luck, the remaining peppers were sliced off at the stem. The perps MO, plus a bean plant on return. I figured I might just let it go... but that's not the kind of guy Belo is, so I went to country max and bought a small cage, rat poison and a plastic rat trap.
Got this guy this morning and he is one of the bigger mice I've seen. Trap baited with a slice of pepper lol. Rebaited and rebought more pepper plants. peanut butter in rat trap untouched. 
Oh and belo doesn't "have a heart" lol.
IMG_1849.thumb.jpeg.5ac4a0f9070935de3687d3357ef2df08.jpeg

Isnt that a mole?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

14 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Isnt that a mole?

I don't think so, it had eyes. Obviously I don't know shit about rodents.

Anyhow, I assumed there was more than one perp, but got all cocky and bought 7 more pepper plants and replanted. Setup the trap again and this morning found my bait gone and trap closed, but empty which is a huge f'n mystery to me. Lost 2 new plants in the process. They are winning this battle, but I will prevail! Trap setup and baited once more... 

My 18 tomatoe plants up at the cabin, must be the dirt. I do nothing to them  other then putting down fertilizer when i turned the ground and watered once with miracle grow and they have grown huge since I planted  them  about a month ago. Pics.  from this past weekend. 

20220705_102735.jpg

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

Looks like catfacing.  Too much nitrogen  or damage to the blossoms. Inconsistent temperatures sub 60 degrees at the time of setting fruit . 

this guy knows his tomatoes i guess haha.

I have nothing to report today. No dead plants and no dead rodents. 

45 minutes ago, Belo said:

this guy knows his tomatoes i guess haha.

I have nothing to report today. No dead plants and no dead rodents. 

Lol no I don't know everything but I have dealt with alot of garden issues . If it can happen I've had it after 35 years of my personal garden and many more growing up in my gramps garden.

Alot of the garden plants we do today don't do well with cooler temps. Most are subtropical.  Peppers tomatoes and some squash. Like warm temps but not much above 85.  Tomatoes plants will darken after a cold snap or a cool night . They are trying to draw more heat from the sun. If my plants are stressed I don't prune until they show fresh signs of growth . Early on if I have blossoms early I will pinch off . If I see deformed fruit I remove it so as not to waist energy on bad.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, BizCT said:

First 2 yellows on the board and Numbers 5-7 green zucchini

bc750af424944b5b72625e1bb46b6dab.jpg
45c666f11b27dfbc0fd9457fc64deb42.jpg
29a5650a91e655cd8e217678cce34f89.jpg
ba89358ec0be6905f2c93c319ed3fa08.jpg

my zucchini has been slow but it's coming. cukes ready to explode. most of my tomatoes are still green. Looks like your spot gets great sun!

1 hour ago, Belo said:

my zucchini has been slow but it's coming. cukes ready to explode. most of my tomatoes are still green. Looks like your spot gets great sun!

Yea it's tucked into the woods. Great sun all day until about 4pm and then it's shade for 4-5 hours till dark. which I think is great. My previous house garden spot was nonstop sun dawn to dusk and i think the vegetables got too hot at times.

6 hours ago, crappyice said:

And the woes continue for me - oddly "growing" tomatoes on pretty healthy looking plants.

3cb400e52d236ee925275d7f27e06668.jpg

I'm guessing my soil needs an overhaul of nutrients

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should have went with organic soil like me!