Feels like home on this site..

sits in trees

I know alot of you think im a prick and i feel the same way about some of you on this site but do you guys get that same warm fuzzy feelin i get when coming to this site knowing its other New Yorkers your talking to and its people who are going thru the same things you are going thru and experiancing the things we all share as NY hunters...

Its kinda funny, i realize NY has some shortfalls but i actually find myself getting defensive of NY state when you have some turd kicker redneck from the south or wherever insulting NY and where we live while they think they live in some kind of shangri-La because they can use high cap mags or something like that...

I know alot of you think im a prick and i feel the same way about some of you on this site but do you guys get that same warm fuzzy feelin i get when coming to this site knowing its other New Yorkers your talking to

Your funny, some of the guys on here i think of that step brother that i am glad i don't have. and a couple know it all uncles that are lonely. but it is nice coming on here and talking to other New Yorkers

i like all of you so far , love the storys , love the excitment of a good argument ever now and then,love the pictures . you are all like family . sounds like family . new york on the other hand i am not so sure of . but i do love the adk . love to vacation there . well family take care all i am trying to finish my quail house . almost done

Yeah I just love paying the highest taxes in the country, Knowing Im helping some crack head lay around and molest children all day while I work my arse off for squat!!!! But Im not bitter. :spiteful:

Oh yeah love the site and love hunting and fishing in NY! But the rest of the state is just about as depressed as it could get!! Lousiana and Alabama had more to do than NY. Most of my family were part of the 4 million who have left NY over the last ten yrs. Once my Grand parents are gone and my parents move Im outa of here.

The hunting and fishing opportunities in this state are almost endless and for that is the only reason to me that makes this state great. TOO Many libtards and taxes. Owning my small business in this state makes life even worse. But everytime I pick up my flyrod, gun or bow. I forget all about the donks running this state and life is good again. Family mostly keeps me here or I would be in Montana or better yet New Zealand or Ireland or ahhhhhhhh never mind. This site is great minus some of the bantering back and forth amongst the same people all the time. Other than that the knowledge and info is endless. Love seeing the photos, hate hearing bragging, love hearing the hunting stories, cringe at the less than desireable ones, love the honesty, HATE the hunting organizations that are fighting other hunters rights ( or should I say priveledge)instead of uniting as one. LMAO Happy hunting fellow NYer's.

Edited by wdswtr

The hunting and fishing opportunities in this state are almost endless and for that is the only reason to me that makes this state great. TOO Many libtards and taxes. Owning my small business in this state makes life even worse. But everytime I pick up my flyrod, gun or bow. I forget all about the donks running this state and life is good again. Family mostly keeps me here or I would be in Montana or better yet New Zealand or Ireland or ahhhhhhhh never mind. This site is great minus some of the bantering back and forth amongst the same people all the time. Other than that the knowledge and info is endless. Love seeing the photos, hate hearing bragging, love hearing the hunting stories, cringe at the less than desireable ones, love the honesty, HATE the hunting organizations that are fighting other hunters rights ( or should I say priveledge)instead of uniting as one. LMAO Happy hunting fellow NYer's.

Ditto

Although the polititians have made this a miserable place, there are still very few places in this country that are as amazing as the fingerlakes. If you like the outdoors, most anything you can think of is within an hours drive. Especially if fishing is your thing. From great lakes to small streams to flooded timber to raging rivers... We are also blessed with some great whitetail and turkey turf. Throw in the beauty of the changing seasons and you should never get bored. The only thing it lacks for me is that true solitude that you can get from the big woods of the north or from western states. Here you have plenty to do but your going to have to share it with alot of people. As for the site, i think it's great and i enjoy it a bunch. I also think there is alot to learn from the in-fighting that sometimes takes place. If everyone always agreed with the views that you already have, then your not going to learn anything new are you? And if you think your views are always the best ones then your dillusional. Seems i've learned the most and been challenged to see other sides by the people i've debated with the hardest. I'm grateful to them for that..

Yeah, I'm a lifetime New Yorker. And yes, I will complain about the taxes and the jerks in Albany right along with the best of them. But, here devastating tornados are a one in a lifetime event. We have an occasional paralyzing snowstorm, or icestorm, but nothing that threatens my house. Floods? ..... yeah, the nuisance variety. But no one talks about our part of the country cracking up and sliding out into the ocean. Hurricanes? ..... worst one was Agnes, and that is a old-time memory now. We don't have it so bad. We have some of the widest variety of topography from the plains of central NY to the hills of the finger lakes, to the mountains of the High Peaks Area. State land just about everywhere you look. Four real distinct seasons. Well balanced growing season. No poisonous snakes (at least not in my area). Fantastic landscape just about everywhere. Job opportunities (has been better, but still not devastated). And you can still find rural areas with thin populations to live in without someone sitting on your elbow. Good healthcare, decent infrastructure, Fantastic fishing, even some good trapping for those who get into that. All the conveniences that you need within a short drive.

Sure we got a Cuomo, and a Schumer, and we even had a Clinton, but somehow we seem to be able to survive these idiots. The thing I've found is that the grass always seems greener on the other side of the fence. Listen closely to people from other states, and you'll soon recognize the same kinds of complaints and problems and sometimes a bunch of new ones that we have never experienced.

I'll be finishing out my days here, and enjoying almost every minute of it. Sure I'll whine and complain to anyone who will sit still and listen, but in the end, it is a fact that I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

Wow some very good points made here about not losing everything you have in a millisecond due to a tornadoe or hurricane, not to mention most places will never have the experiance of water up to the living room ceiling in their homes up here in NY.

I really have to wonder about these other states that some folks here claim are heaven on earth when all i see in these states is poverty, trailer parks, no jobs or working for peanuts, poor healthcare, and everyones fat?

All in all NY aint a bad place and is worth fighting for as far as keeping hunting and gun rights strong and keeping unions from taxing good people right out of the state...

Alot of the Binghamton, Conklin, Owego, area got flooded twice in the last 6 yrs. Hundreds of homes destroyed. Millions in damages, the second one was worse than the first and they called the first flood a 100 yr flood and 5 yrs later there was a worse one. Shows what they know I guess. My brothers wifes family had 8 ft of water in their 1st floor the first time it flooded 2nd time took the house.

Went through Agnes (flooding) in 1972 while living in Corning.

Thought about getting out of NYS all my life, but for whatever reason here I am...

Had a job transfer opportunity years ago to Southern Calif.

30% loss in pay, 30% higher cost of living, commuting fiasco, cultural shock - sort of a "No-Brainer"!!

Feels like home on this site??? In a Jerry Springer sort of way, maybe......

Edited by nyslowhand

Alot of the Binghamton, Conklin, Owego, area got flooded twice in the last 6 yrs. Hundreds of homes destroyed. Millions in damages, the second one was worse than the first and they called the first flood a 100 yr flood and 5 yrs later there was a worse one. Shows what they know I guess. My brothers wifes family had 8 ft of water in their 1st floor the first time it flooded 2nd time took the house.

I guess the one thing that can be said is that I can always move to higher ground. I'm not sure about what can be done to avoid earthquakes, tornados and hurricanes. Ever get a look at the kinds of floods they have around the Missisippi? ..... Now there is a FLOOD! No place to run - no place to hide.