Tresspassers

fasteddie

Sorry , but I didn't expect this to go viral . My intention was pointing out the fact that people show no respect for the property of others . When a Dad can go with his kid on POSTED property and throw caution to the wind , what is he teaching the kid ?

Gee Billy-Bob , isn't nature beautiful .... I enjoy it so much walking with you while you ride your bike on the deer trail . No , that yellow posted sign didn't mean anything . The property owner has probably walked on some posted property himself so it's okay for us to do so . I can hardly wait to take you on a Youth Hunt .

• Like 1

This place would be pretty boring if everybody agreed with each other... :king: ....

Come on now , boys and girls...

It's time for our GROUP HUG !!!.... :wub: ......

Then we'll all meet at Doewhacker's place for tea and crumpets....

• Like 1

Help me out TreeGuy........

Table, floor or hanging? Personaly I go for the ceiling fan/light fixture combo.

Combos are where its at.... nacho cheese or pep pizza... wait, I'm getting off track...

Personally, I love the one from a. Christmas story... u know, the lady leg with fish net stockings.... I always get caught looking up the lamp shades...

Trespassers are a part of life at my camp. This turkey season, I was on our hill, and could hear a road hunter below stopping every 100 yds to call. The idiot actually shocked a bird, moved in on it and killed it. After shooting, he ran down the hill, and sped away. I hesitated to move in on him, because I had a bird working, and wasn't sure if he was hunting our side of the road until I heard him shoot. By the time I got there, he was gone. I know who it was. They have a camp up the road from ours, and trespassing for them is as simple as driving by my place, and seeing if anybody's parked in the yard. I know they run all over our land when we aren't there, but this was a pretty ballsy move. Not much you can do about it.

This place would be pretty boring if everybody agreed with each other... :king: ....

Come on now , boys and girls...

It's time for our GROUP HUG !!!.... :wub: ......

Then we'll all meet at Doewhacker's place for tea and crumpets....

HUG

I stand by my thoughts and believe i understand the word and what respect is but maybe i said a few things i shouldn't have so for that i apologize

I spy with my little eye, bubba in another mud slinging, name calling, wrestling match.

Surprised, not really.

funny it takes two but my name is the only one mentioned. Surprised? not really. I guess everything the other party posted was all good in your books? I believe i received much more mud than I sling, but you are entitled to your much biased opinion.

• Like 1

Maybe the best thread ever on this site!!!! I've been lol'ing for 20 minutes.

I have a wrestling mat in my basement and boxing mits too. Open invitation to both Bubba and Doe to come to my place and hash things out. First 50 spectators are welcome too!

• Like 1

I don't want people on my property if they don't belong. Now if they were just taking a stroll through / sshortcut and there are no hunting seasons open I wouldn't flip out. There is no excuse if the property is well posted and they did not ask permission.

I don't think I can get more than 50 in my basement. Maybe I could bring the mat up to the lawn and everyone can come and enjoy.

Reserve me a seat..... I'll even make the rules if you want...

No knives, guns, clubs, or chains and no kickin', bitin', or gougin'.....

Other than that, no holds barred...

I'll buy the popcorn if Doc buys the beer...

Growalot is only allowed within the limits of her restraining order...

Oh yeah..She can bring the chipmunk stew....

I don't want people on my property if they don't belong. Now if they were just taking a stroll through / sshortcut and there are no hunting seasons open I wouldn't flip out. There is no excuse if the property is well posted and they did not ask permission.

What gets a bit testy is when that stroll or shortcut turns into broken down fences or broken into cabins, or other forms of vandalism and litter. What generally happens is that unpermitted trespass regardless of how innocent it may start, often causes a familiarity that escalates into other less harmless uses. That is why I demand that permission be sought so that I can lay down the rules of use and make it known that I do spend a lot of time throughout the property so that they understand that they are not alone there. As I have said in a prior reply, I have found campfires, cut trees, surveyor's tape, deep rutted up horse and dirt-bike trails and even a visit to one of my stands by an coupke of kids on an ATV while I was trying to hunt, and other disruptions that for all I know began some time prior as just a harmless stroll.

I was sitting in a treestand during Bow Season last year when two riders on horseback were going to cut into my sister in laws laneway . One of them was going to remove the rope with the 2 posted signs until I hollared at her .

My son has property in Italy Valley and we get hunters coming off the State Land onto his property which is posted . Not much can be done as someone could trash the place when he's not there . Another camp nearby was broken into and stuff tossed into the gulley .

Many folks show "No Respect" for private Posted property !

I am never surprised by the gall that people have. Trespassers come with different philosophies.

The horseback riders see there impact as being a nice "green" kind of low impact activity. They apparently never see the kind of ankle-twisting, pock-marked mess that they leave behind in the spring or when they are traveling through wet areas. They don't really pay much attention to the drainage erosion that results from these horse-trenches as they go up the hill. They also don't seem to mind the fact that they have a stinky kind of litter left behind for someone to step into.

Then you have the motorized trespassers that figure that no one can catch them even if they do get discovered.

Then you have the hunters that are absolutely convinced that deer can read posted signs and always use posted land to hide on. It's kind of "the grass is greener on the other side" sort of a syndrome.

Then there are the city people who are convinced that all landowners purchased and maintain land strictly for the convenience of whoever wants to use it. Funny how they don't feel that way about their little 1/2 acre city lots.

And finally, there are the vandals who enter private property for the sole purpose of destroying and/or stealing things. They welcome posted signs because it tells them where the "stuff" is located.

If you live long enough on any particular piece of land, you will encounter all of these and each one of them will despise you for owning something that they do not. And each kind of trespasser will feel some sort of twisted entitlement to the use of your property and damn few of them will ever darken your doorstep asking for permission to enter your land. Why bother .....eh?

Yes, it's weird, but over the years I have discovered that it's just the nature of humans and if you own property, there are plenty of people who want to help themselves to it. And they will resent the hell out of your unwillingness to simply let them over-run it as they please.

• Like 1

So when is the get together again?

These tight assed (grin) guys keep trying to change the subject back to the trespassing thing.

WE WANT ACTION!

Forget about the trespassing little turd. He's probably rollin' some old granny right now for her meds.........

RUMBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you let one person get away with it then everyone in the area will think its ok to come on your land without permission. My cousin just got robbed they stole 2 quads and 2 rifles. It was the neighbors borther in law. Until that point my cousin was pretty easy going about people using his land when he is not there, but no more. You have to go after trespassers the first time otherwise this could happen to you.

• Like 1