Who carries a jackknife ?

Pygmy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had one in my pocket ever since i was a kid & my father gave me his old one out of his tool box from work.I lost it a few years later and was crushed. I've carried the same one, every day now for the past 26 years, and have'nt lost it. It's a small Buck lock back#506. I'm due to lose it. That will stink.

I've had one in my pocket ever since i was a kid & my father gave me his old one out of his tool box from work.I lost it a few years later and was crushed. I've carried the same one, every day now for the past 26 years, and have'nt lost it. It's a small Buck lock back#506. I'm due to lose it. That will stink.

I carry a buck trio daily. I tried a buck stockman but it was slightly to big for comfort to keep in my pocket everyday. the trio is slightly smaller and perfect size I don't even notice it is there most of the time. I had a old timer minuteman that I carried for years I loved that knife it was small but it seemed like I never had to sharpen it and it was always razor sharp.

• 3 weeks later...

just a thin stainless mac tools one about 5in, open its not a cheapy but holds an edge real well and if i lose it for 40 bucks i can get another, I use it everyday and cant go anywhere with out it, matter of fact all my jeans have a permanent impression in the back right hand pocket, lol

Hum lets see I get 3 knife mags in the mail,been in Blade Magazine 3 times wrote an article on knives for Tactical Gear... So i would say yes is a safe guess !!

Right now I have Rick Hinderer XM 18 on me and a Vic. Soldier (sak)

The XM 18 costs about $400 but since he does not take orders from joe sixpack, the demand is great and mine (slicer blade) can go for $1,200 on ebay. Don't ask what my watches cost......

I use a Old Timer Stockman (carbon steel) that i bought used at a gun show for 10 bucks to gut deer .

All my knives not just shave but hair pops off my arms .

Knives are like women: What appeals to one guy may well not appeal to another. And, as with women, do NOT brag on your knife (even if it did cost $400); it will come back to bite you in the ass!

Very true.

I have a couple I carry. Depending on the attire and prospects of the day. If I'm having a normal work day with no heavy use expected or I'm wearing dress clothes, I carry this one......

IMG_1968.jpg

If I'm expecting to do some heavy duty cutting, prying or scrapping, I carry a Chris Reeve Sebenza.

I shouldn't say this but.......................I haven't lost one in years and I always, always have one (or two) on me.

I do enjoy knives.

Who made that?

Looks like its comfortable in hand.

Me? I seem to have a utility knife most of the time, work habit. LOL

Sorry I guess it did sound like bragging,Thats one of the things I love about knives there's one for every type. Customs and mid techs are not for everyone though, you lay out some bucks but often can make money on them if you buy right . Not sure how it'll come back to bite me its guaranteed for life,not mine but the makers as long as he's alive he'll fix and sharpen it.

Oh my woman came with 116 acres of farm land and a cousin with 3,000 and does not care how much I hunt. Now thats bragging !!

Tried carrying pocket knifes &/or belt sheath folders, but found them too cumbersome or awkward.

Always have one of my favorites handy thought - whether at home, in my truck or out in the woods.

Even have one mounted (sheath type) on my ATV.

Prefer Buck knives, the USA made styles only. Mainly the 110 or 112 folders.

Had my 110 Hunter since I purchased it in 1969.

Sure there are many other brands just as good!

Tried carrying pocket knifes &/or belt sheath folders, but found them too cumbersome or awkward.

Have you tried a thin model with a pocket clip? I carry the Buck small "Vantage". I can't feel it at all when I am carrying it.

Remember....With a knife with a pocket clip, the clip goes on the outside, with the knife INSIDE your pocket. I frequently encounter guys with a knife clipped to their pocket, with the knife hanging out and flopping in the breeze: Easy way to lose a knife!

I never go anywhere without my knife I am a Kershaw fan have been for 10 years or better I carry the Kershaw blur with a pocket clip, it gets used every day. For hunting I have a Kershaw 1080 skinning knife, I bought it at the end of the season last year so I hope I get to use it this year

Always have one of my favorites handy thought - whether at home, in my truck or out in the woods.

Even have one mounted (sheath type) on my ATV.

Prefer Buck knives, the USA made styles only. Mainly the 110 or 112 folders.

Had my 110 Hunter since I purchased it in 1969.

Sure there are many other brands just as good!

DANG, Slowhand, you got me by two years on the Buck 110..My (ex) wife gave me mine for Xmas the first year we were married, 1971..

Still got the knife, got rid of the woman..

In September of 1989, I butchered two big Alaska bull moose in one day with that knife. I no longer carry it for fear of losing it. It's been retired to a place of honor on my "memory shelf"...

DANG, Slowhand, you got me by two years on the Buck 110..My (ex) wife gave me mine for Xmas the first year we were married, 1971..

Still got the knife, got rid of the woman..

In September of 1989, I butchered two big Alaska bull moose in one day with that knife. I no longer carry it for fear of losing it. It's been retired to a place of honor on my "memory shelf"...

Not going into the ex-wife statement..............but a good knife... LOL

Thought I lost mine after cleaning a turkey a couple of years ago. I was devestated. Found it eventually.

Still carry mine on every hunt. Become a part of my hunting experience!

Funny how we get attached to the simplest inanimate objects.