Looking for a good pair of insulated rubber boots

Guys,

I am in need of some new insulated rubber boots (17") for hunting season and need some help. I have had the standard Lacrosse burly, and the newer Lacrosse boots as well. I really enjoy the comfort of these boots but I am not thrilled with the performance. I am on my 4th pair in as many seasons. They seem to wear holes on the side of the boots where my foot bends and my last pair ripped out on the heel. I am thinking about the new Under Armour boots or possibly the new Irish Setter boots. They are similar in price and both have good reviews. I really hate to get away from the Lacrosse but, they just haven't been that durable. Anyone have any suggestions?

take a look at the boots from the sportsmans guide. i highly reccomend any of the guide gear brand boots. they all come with a lifetime warranty and they really do follow through with it too. myelf, the mrs, ad dad all buy their boots and return them every year and they send a brand new pair with no questions asked.......

jsut my .02 cents

I got a pair of the Scent Shield Bone Collector boots, which are the same as the newer Dream Season boots. They say they are uninsulated, but with a good pair of socks, kept my feet warm all of last season, plus coyote season the year before. They dont leak, and after they are broken in, they are very comfortable.

I had surprising decent luck with the insulated side zip red head brand from BPS. I'm a diehard Lacross fan...I use Lacrosse for early season and into mid-season. I think the side zip are a little better for later in the year if you change at the truck...just a little easier to get on hopping around in the snow than the regualr styles.

I have a pair of Wolverines that must be ten years old. They have the cloth camo covering. 800 grams. I had a pair of Bownings that lasted a WHOLE SEASON!!! what a joke. I tossed them at the end of last season but could'nt find antother pair of Wolverines with a little more insulation. I went with Itasca 1600 grams. Fingers crossed.

The guy in the boot Dept. told me that most companies changed the compasition of the rubber and that it dose not last nearly as long. He said the key is to wash the mud and dirt off the boots after each hunt. The dried dirt/mud draws the oils out of the rubber and makes the boots crack faster. Who knows???? Good luck

I have got a pair of Hermin's that have been good for almost all hunting.How ever when on stand or in a blind I have a pair of mock's that I love and are nice and warm.I am not a walk around person so I like to have my seat/stand just as comfy as my recliner.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was thinking about getting a nice pair of muck boots for the real cold days never owed a pair that were insulated or should I just go with a pair of winter hunting boots I just retired my 2000gr rockys had them for 8 years and they quite making them my feet never got cold in them they were heavy but that don't bother me

I was thinking about getting a nice pair of muck boots for the real cold days never owed a pair that were insulated or should I just go with a pair of winter hunting boots I just retired my 2000gr rockys had them for 8 years and they quite making them my feet never got cold in them they were heavy but that don't bother me

Try the Agway in Binghamton they carry mucks for good prices, I picked up a pair of arctic pro's last yr that are outstanding. Got them for 100$ which is cheaper than any where else.

post-205-0-09569800-1350978947.jpg

Edited by erussell
  • Like 1