2011 Largest Gun Typical

nyantler

Adam Hayes holding his Warren County 10-point rack. Adam's buck is the Largest Gun Typical entered into the NYSBBC Record book for 2011 with a B&C score of 161 0/8 and weighing in at 200lbs. The buck was measured by B&C scorer Dick Joohndrow. (Photo by Dick Joohndrow)

post-525-0-20617900-1345636711.jpg

Awesome buck! Please tell me he got it mounted!

Just one question....161 was the biggest gun deer taken in NY in 2011? Seems like too low of a score, no? That barely makes B&C book. Figured it would take 170-180+ each year to win.

Just one question....161 was the biggest gun deer taken in NY in 2011? Seems like too low of a score, no? That barely makes B&C book. Figured it would take 170-180+ each year to win.

All those monster bucks on trail cams seem to shrink when the rubber meets the road.............

170" to "make" the record book for B&C. That buck doesn't make it.

He didn't win because it wasn't a contest... that was just the score this year of the biggest buck taken with gun scored by the NYSBBC... last year it was 180. Minimum to make the book in NY is 140... there are usually only a few bucks a year that make B&C in NY.

160" Awards, 170" All-time.

"Awards" doesn't mean squat. It'd be like kissing your sister...........

170" is the number.

This is from the B&C web site:

Awards Program records books have been subsequently published every three years, the year following the close of each Awards Program. Thus, there is an all-time records book every six years and an Awards Program records book every three years.

The two differ in important ways. The all-time records book includes all trophies over current all-time minimum entry scores and meets other stated requirements that have been entered since the beginning of the system. The Awards Program records book includes only those trophies of the stated three-year Awards Program, as based on the lower entry minimums applicable for many categories. Thus, a good many trophies get recognition in the Awards Program records book that cannot qualify for listing in the all-time records book. The inclusion of the hunting stories and photos of the trophies receiving awards makes the Awards Program records book a uniquely enjoyable book for the trophy hunter, while the all-time records book provides the definitive answers to questions regarding statistics for native North American big game.

"Awards" doesn't mean squat. It'd be like kissing your sister...........

170" is the number.

This is from the B&C web site:

Awards Program records books have been subsequently published every three years, the year following the close of each Awards Program. Thus, there is an all-time records book every six years and an Awards Program records book every three years.

The two differ in important ways. The all-time records book includes all trophies over current all-time minimum entry scores and meets other stated requirements that have been entered since the beginning of the system. The Awards Program records book includes only those trophies of the stated three-year Awards Program, as based on the lower entry minimums applicable for many categories. Thus, a good many trophies get recognition in the Awards Program records book that cannot qualify for listing in the all-time records book. The inclusion of the hunting stories and photos of the trophies receiving awards makes the Awards Program records book a uniquely enjoyable book for the trophy hunter, while the all-time records book provides the definitive answers to questions regarding statistics for native North American big game.

I'll be more than happy with an awards animal someday.

NY Antler,

Thanks for an interesting and very nice inspiring post. I believe the proper spelling Dick's last name is "Johndrow". A very minor point. Somehow we got an extra "o" in there. Thanks.

I copied his name from the info he sent me..lol.. and I do believe you are correct.

Edited by nyantler