Whats the inevidatable ......

growalot

CrapI forgot-------...Opening morning equipment you forget.?...I have to say I get my harness out and ready ....I put it on under my outerwear....more than a few times...I've been half way to the stand and it hits me...crap!!! I either go right to a ground blind or turn around and put it on....finger tab and now my release are the other two...use to be tow rope but I put one one each stand before season now...it's become routine for Mr B to call out..whatcha forget this time?...It's almost ritual...lol

Had one hunter after the first day, got 1`/2 way home from Norwich area to Vestal and pulled in to have coffee and guess what was lsot.. He had put his bow on top of the cab of the truck and forgot to put it in the cab as he pulled out to go home. He turned around and found the bow in good shape about 50 yards fromn his hunting spot on the dirt road... now that luck...if had been me I would have lost it on route 88 and tractor trailer would have hit it... I use a back pack so my extra release is always in the bag, as well as a buck hunter knief, and a drag rope. Also a flashlight, scent spray away bottle, a small fm radio for those mid day times with ear plug...I just refletched two doz arrow yesterday so that are all ready to go...

Once I drove almost an hour before I realized I forgot my hunting license/tags. So I turned back around and started rummaging through my place till I realized that I had left them in the side pocket of my gun case. In other words, I had it with me the whole time.

Another time I forgot to bring ammo. This was during that squirrel hunt meetup with a couple of forum members. Lucky there was a Walmart nearby and I rushed over and bought a box of shells.

My buddy Wally drove to PA with another guy to archery hunt for a few days. First night he walks to his stand, climbs up and goes to nock an arrow and finds out he left his bow quiver at home, in Buffalo. He climbs down, heads across the field to his buddies stand and whispers, "hey Gerry, can I borrow a couple arrows"? (Maybe you had to be there to appreciate it?)

Classic!

• Like 2

The only thing i ever forgot was my thermacell. I realzed that sitting in my one-man chair blind turkey hunting a couple of years ago and swatting at flies, no seeums and mosquitos wont bring them in. Lol. Since then i started packing my stuff several days before i go up to camp.

I carry an extra release , arm guard and safety harness in my back pack .

I wear the HSS harness to the stand . My quiver , release and armguard are in my bow case .

I have a Contender 7-30 waters pistol that I took hunting . Unfortunately I grabbed the 25-06 carrier but ...... I had my shotgun in the truck with shells so I was okay .

I have forgotten almost everything...knife, gun, ammo, release tags. I have gotten alot better over the years. I double check everything the night before.

One time I got half way home after a duck hunt and realized that I left my shotgun at the parking area ( idiot....I know) I leaned it up against the tire of my truck, while loading the canoe and decoys then never grabbed my gun.

I found it laying in the grass when I went back but it was a white knuckle ride all the way.

"My buddy Wally drove to PA with another guy to archery hunt for a few days. First night he walks to his stand, climbs up and goes to nock an arrow and finds out he left his bow quiver at home, in Buffalo. He climbs down, heads across the field to his buddies stand and whispers, "hey Gerry, can I borrow a couple arrows"? (Maybe you had to be there to appreciate it?)"

I try and not to forget anything but this story reminded me of a classic from my past. I was on state land bowhunting

with a good friend. We were in stands about 75 yards apart and could clearly see each other. Well a small 8 point comes down the trail by him and he proceeds to fling (yes fling cuz he wasnt shooting) arrows at this deer and all i kept hearing was those big aluminum arrows bouncing off the pine branches. He was so bad the deer idnt even run. After its all over and the deer walked away he sneaks over to me andd says "can i borrow a couple of arrows"

I left my release in the car one morning. Walked back to my buddy's car to get it to find the car locked and the keys not in our normal hiding place by the vehicle. Busted my ass to his stand which was DEEP then back to the car, back to my stand and as I near my area there she is...the perfect freezer fare. I swear I heard her chuckle as she galloped away.

One year I hunted archery every weekend and even planned bow hunting opening weekend. This was when rifle opened Monday. I drive up to teh club and my father was already there and in a fowl mood. He expected me to bring my cousin Joe with me but, Joe changed plans. He still wasn't hearing it. I unpack my car and realized I left all my rifle clothes and gear in my 2nd bedroom. He went ballistic. I called Joe and said do me a favor and stop by the house and pick up my stuff. Problem solved.