A sad day for New York hunters

noodle one

I'm saying that when people start with the hate-talk over these subjects and start acting like it is the most important subject in their lives, they suffer a hell of a credibility problem when talk is all they do. At some point you would think they would realize that they really aren't changing anyone's mind and move on to more credible ways of making a difference.

I agree with that Doc. I was thinking of the @200 other page's of AR BS we already have. No need to repeat ANY of it because nothing has changed. I side with the DEC's statements on AR's, enough said.

This thread was not about one single issue, it was a rant about entire organizations. Apparently the NYB is to be looked at as some kind of evil empire and those who believe in AR should have no right to organize and advocate their beliefs. Yes it is the so-called silent majority again who whine a lot about those who convert their beliefs into action, but don't have enough passion of their own to replace these organizations or sway their beliefs. It's a whole lot easier to sit back on some forum and snipe at the efforts of others than to try to change or replace them. That is a symptom that a lot in the hunting community have .... a lot of whining and damn little action supporting their beliefs. So I have little tolerance for those that just want to sit back and throw stones without doing anything really constructive.

I think you missed my point Doc. It was more about the first part than the second, which was just an example of how things are changing.

Dec has been upsetting hunters since the start. No hunter wanted any regulations. Then they complained about the amount of legal time, then the amount of deer. We will always reject proposals that infringe on our hunting and some one will be pissed off at any change in regulations.

I am sorry I pissed off so many unsuccessful hunters in the southern zone... 90 %

Let me guese you did not get a deer last year? I have guys who whack over 6-12 deer a year down in the southern zone. They claim they can hit them over the head with a hammer... Tough hunting... But if you can not find and kill one well you need to take a hunting course then... Join a seminar... Learn more about what you are doing and scout some more and you will have better success. Don't be pissed off at me just because you are lazy and can not pattern a single deer... Make your own success...

• Like 1

I am done...wow....just wow. NFA--- since this is a family show I am sure it keeps many from expressing their views of you. Good luck and let me clue you in on something. You are no where as good as you are in your own mind and I don't need to know you to say that with 100% certainty. Good luck this year

• Like 3

Dec has been upsetting hunters since the start. No hunter wanted any regulations. Then they complained about the amount of legal time, then the amount of deer. We will always reject proposals that infringe on our hunting and some one will be pissed off at any change in regulations.

I am sorry I pissed off so many unsuccessful hunters in the southern zone... 90 %

Let me guese you did not get a deer last year? I have guys who whack over 6-12 deer a year down in the southern zone. They claim they can hit them over the head with a hammer... Tough hunting... But if you can not find and kill one well you need to take a hunting course then... Join a seminar... Learn more about what you are doing and scout some more and you will have better success. Don't be pissed off at me just because you are lazy and can not pattern a single deer... Make your own success...

And you wonder why some of us think you are a jackass? Again you do not know me or any one else and anything about how many or what deer we kill or see each year.

+1 to what Culver said. NFA, you could only WISH you killed as many deer as people like me, Doe and Culver. I can assure you that we have killed more than you will ever see. We are not like you after all. We go out and put in our best effort to actually put a deer down and sooner or later in a hunting season we do just that. If we were like you who waits for hunting season to count woodpeckers in the woods, we wouldn't even bother getting hunting licenses.

NFA-ADK said ---Let me guese you did not get a deer last year? I have guys who whack over 6-12 deer a year down in the southern zone. They claim they can hit them over the head with a hammer... Tough hunting... But if you can not find and kill one well you need to take a hunting course then... Join a seminar... Learn more about what you are doing and scout some more and you will have better success. Don't be pissed off at me just because you are lazy and can not pattern a single deer... Make your own success...

WOW,???? you are obviously very young, inexperienced and live a sheltered life. I hope you enjoy living in your little agoppy world.

This comment shows everyone that you have never deer hunted on state land in the southern tier. I hope you have many successful years of deer hunting and never have to experience the frustration of state land deer hunting. (I'm jealous)

This also gives me the impression that you know guys who break the hunting laws, or does whacked mean that they hit the deer with their cars?

I live in the NZ and have no problem with the way the season is now, I get to enjoy bow hunting and ML before anyone else and still have the option to go to the SZ to bow hunt...

Yeah i just found out about where you hunt, So you get all kind of tags and you hunt all over the state but you still like the idea of killing the dumbest deer in the woods??? Wow, You also say this is not about you???? Well who is it about and where are they tellin us what they feel????

I already told you who it is about, all of those gun hunters that you don't care about with your selfishness. And you still don't know how, where or what I hunt, nice try. I like idea of freedom to choose, leave it up to the hunter and try to educate hunters how to age a deer instead of craming it down every ones throats. I don't expect your narrow minded veiws to change.

• Like 1

I live in the NZ and have no problem with the way the season is now, I get to enjoy bow hunting and ML before anyone else and still have the option to go to the SZ to bow hunt...

Yeah i just found out about where you hunt, So you get all kind of tags and you hunt all over the state but you still like the idea of killing the dumbest deer in the woods??? Wow, You also say this is not about you???? Well who is it about and where are they tellin us what they feel????

Why don't you wait for your grand trophy and let everyone else shoot what they are damned well happy with?? But NOOOO, you can't be that fair can you?? Then you try to accuse us that its all about us. BULL$#!+ it is!! WITHOUT AR's you guys can still hunt for your trophies all you want, while the rest of us can be happy with whatever we choose to take. WITH AR's you are limiting others to what YOU want them to take. So who is all about here?? Sure as hell ain't about us, but ALL about YOU and what YOUR idea of what hunting is all about. Just unbelievable how you guys can't get this simple fact thru your thick skulls.

• Like 1

What ever, now your a great hunter because you kill many deer. Now I understand why you want more tags... IF you are that pissed off about the restrictions send a letter, join a group or start a group that is against it. It does not affect me just you winy bitches who like to complain all day on a stupid internet forum... I am done with this post...

Good luck this year...

What ever, now your a great hunter because you kill many deer. Now I understand why you want more tags... IF you are that pissed off about the restrictions send a letter, join a group or start a group that is against it. It does not affect me just you winy bitches who like to complain all day on a stupid internet forum... I am done with this post...

Good luck this year...

He will be back ! NFA-ADK isn't done yet .............

Good luck this year...

Jesus Christ, who is a bigger drama queen than you?? I can't think of one. None of us are claiming to be mighty hunters here. We do however go hunting with the intent on killing a deer. You have written long winded essays on how great hunting is and how much you love it and how killing don't really matter to you. Good for you, those are your reasons.. For the rest of us killing a deer is an important part of it and it would get old pretty fast if we weren't allowed to shoot anything while out hunting. As I've said before one can look at birds and enjoy the outdoors in numerous different ways without ever needing to purchase a hunting license or wait for hunting season.

+1 to what Culver said. NFA, you could only WISH you killed as many deer as people like me, Doe and Culver. I can assure you that we have killed more than you will ever see. We are not like you after all. We go out and put in our best effort to actually put a deer down and sooner or later in a hunting season we do just that. If we were like you who waits for hunting season to count woodpeckers in the woods, we wouldn't even bother getting hunting licenses.

Jesus Christ, who is a bigger drama queen than you?? I can't think of one. None of us are claiming to be mighty hunters here. We do however go hunting with the intent on killing a deer. You have written long winded essays on how great hunting is and how much you love it and how killing don't really matter to you. Good for you, those are your reasons.. For the rest of us killing a deer is an important part of it and it would get old pretty fast if we weren't allowed to shoot anything while out hunting. As I've said before one can look at birds and enjoy the outdoors in numerous different ways without ever needing to purchase a hunting license or wait for hunting season.

i couldn't help myself on that one

i couldn't help myself on that one

And you translate that into us claiming to be a great hunters?? We don't go around telling stories of how many we have killed unlike NFA who has told us more than we honestly care to know about his hunting experiences. He's killed like what? Less than 5 in 20 plus years of hunting?? It don't take a Phd in mathematics to figure out that many of us here have killed a hell of a lot more of them than he has. That is the point here. Not boasting, justing pointing a few facts out since he was the first to accuse us of not being able to kill a deer.

Just because I pass a bunch of deer every year and do not decied to pull the trigger on a single one is my option... Simple enough...

While I do no see that many up north, in the southern zone you kinda have to be a idiot not to get a deer... Or just suck at hunting... Again you seem to think killing deer makes you a great hunter, so be it...

Never did I or anyone else say that killing a deer makes one a great hunter. Piss off.

• Like 1

Hopefully, the hunter's who don't keep on top of the latest regulation changes and don't voice their opinions will wake up and start voicing their opinions and maybe we can swing things back to get rid of the antler restrictions. The people who are on top of things and are vocal are usually heard, which is why antler restrictions were implemented, most hunters have no interest other than when hunting season rolls around. This is in no way a dig at the folks who pushed for restrictions, they are involved year round and pushed for what they wanted and got it...lesson learned. I can say for fact, that the majority of hunter's I know did not get involved and sat back and hoped for the best.

I am all for letting them grow up past 1.5 years, but I won't support a regulation to mandate it. If we make the effort through education that is one thing but not a regulation. The state is too varied in deer poplation and habitat to do that and provide good opportunities to take a deer. Too many areas with few or no doe tags.

Both of these deer were taken the same day on the same NON AR property although they both would have been legal in AR areas. The samller one is a 7 point. The hind hooves are hanging at the same height. I would be lying if I said it wasn't easier to decide to let smaller bucks go since I know bucks like the bigger one are around the area I can hunt. It does. But I have seen improvements in local buck quality and size by letting them go.

post-152-0-23176000-1346879609_thumb.jpg

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club

I agree, it shouldn't be mandated, not everyone has the luxury of private property or the ability to spend all season afield to pick and choose...and to be honest, I think the majority of hunters are happy with any buck, and there really is no benefit to the overall herd other than people wanting bigger bucks. I doubt a doe cares if she's being bred by a 4pt or a 10pt, the end result is the same.

OK. but if I am in my tree stand bow hunting and I can take a doe that dresses out at 125 or the 125 dressed out 7 point in teh picture above....they both come wandering in at the same time. I am shooting the doe. My choice but there isn't a benefit to do it the other way. There is a benefit to letting the buck get bigger if nothing other than the amount of meat it has on it and the larger horns. There may also be a benefit in harvesting the number of does the DEC thinks they need to take out of the herd.....(if you can believe them on the 'need')I know it is my choice and even the guys in AR areas would have to make that choice since that is a legal AR buck.

The doe or the small 7? What would you do?

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club