send letters for crossbows in NY

Not a side step.

How do you answer a question that has no or low probability of occurring?

How would you answer your own hypothetical question?

You answer the question like any other hypothetical question. Dont try to turn it on me, either answer or dont, I could honestly care less either way.

Sounds like something antler would say.

Dave

You're right Dave.. thats exactly what I would have said.. good job WNYB... I must have hit a big nerve with you Dave.. you just can't get me off your mind.. I don't even have to be here for you to bring my name up.. what happened to the "Need to work together" crap you were cryin' about??? Seems like there isn't much working together here... Maybe now some will see the common denominator...hmmm

come the end of May the first part of June we will know the DEC's 5 year plan and maybe all the name calling will stop.

could someone answer this i didn't get a answer when i posted it.What makes using a cross - bow any less fair chase then using a bow or a gun?

come the end of May the first part of June we will know the DEC's 5 year plan and maybe all the name calling will stop.

could someone answer this i didn't get a answer when i posted it.What makes using a cross - bow any less fair chase then using a bow or a gun?

I think nothing in a lot of hunters eyes... some deer are just as cunning and evasive no matter what weapon you're using

its fair chase,in short some people believe that early "archery season" should remain that hand drawn and hand released, almost the same as old english law outlawing crossbow and having mandatory longbow use(longbow had further range and speed and need to be practiced with and it would help prevent invasion of the horriable french xbowers..). Others would like to see the crossbow added in its own season, and others yet want it placed into the early archery season.Or some want a combination of things... These are all opinions.. As of now crossbows are legal for reg and late season only! Just imagine if all the effort put in on thistopic was actually put into letters to the state senate and assembly how confused would our lawmakers be!! lol!!! :)

What makes using a cross - bow any less fair chase then using a bow or a gun?

We can agree that using a rifle during rifle season is fair chase.....but would you consider a rifle in bow season fair chase?

Of course not.

So it is with a crossbow......nothing inherently wrong with one, but not fair chase in bow season.

When the law is changed to allow crossbows in all seasons, it certainly will be fair chase.

and all this debating will be forgotten about..................

I don't think so.  Crossbow hunters will still be treated like second class citizens during bowseason, I bet.  Just as some here (who's names I won't mention) treat compounds with scorn.

When the law is changed to allow crossbows in all seasons, it certainly will be fair chase.

It still won't be Fair Chase.  ;)

Please explain why it wouldnt be. By definition of Fair Chase, it most certainly would be.

Oh wait, I forgot, you dont care about facts. Nevermind.

P&Y defines Fair Chase (with the capitals.) Crossbows do not fit the bill. ;)

Any old schmuck can pop off with his definition of fair chase.

So if a hunter this coming late season take a deer with a crossbow.....it wont be fair chase? It isn't eligible for the book in P&Y's eyes.....but certainly would be for B&C. So is your definition of fair chase that it must be eligible for P&Y? Some guys just don't give a hoot about the books

That is my definition of fair chase, yes.  All of P&Y The Rules of Fair Chase must be followed in order to have hunted in fair chase when bowhunting.

All of the B&C Rules of Fair Chase must be followed in order to have hunted in fair chase when gun hunting.....or crossbow hunting, I suppose.

Thats why there are different books for different hunting implements, longhunter,p&y,b&c ... it lets you know what the animal was taken with. you can't put a gun deer in p&y, or longhunter books but b&c accept all weapons in theirs. Fair chase to me is a non-highfenced, non baited area where all legal rules and regs are followed including legal shooting time! And remember p&y has changed their rules a few times as let off has increased from 0 to 50% to 65%..i myself shoot a bow with 80% so my nys trophy animal isn't elegiable for P&Y. So my opinion if nys includes crossbow in early season it will be fair chase as long as the crossbow is the proper size(limb tip to limb tip) and draw weight (100-200lbs) and all other rules are followed. Putting one "in the books is irrelevent to me!"

It still won't be Fair Chase.  :)

Please explain why it wouldnt be. By definition of Fair Chase, it most certainly would be.

Oh wait, I forgot, you dont care about facts. Nevermind.

P&Y defines Fair Chase (with the capitals.) Crossbows do not fit the bill. :P

Any old schmuck can pop off with his definition of fair chase.

P&Y defines fair chase for their book. B&C defines fair chase for their book differently.

Seeing as P&Y has only been around formally since 1961, and informally since 1957, and B&C has been around since the late 1800s, Ill listen to what B&C defines fair chase as, seeing as they were the ones that came up with it in the first place.

Putting one "in the books is irrelevent to me!"

That's fine.

But they are still The Rules of Fair Chase.

Seemingly the rules of "fair chase" were amended when compound bows were first introduced as well as in line muzzleloaders.

Putting one "in the books is irrelevent to me!"

That's fine.

But they are still The Rules of Fair Chase.

Seemingly the rules of "fair chase" were amended when compound bows were first introduced as well as in line muzzleloaders.

common logic escapes flingers child like brain ;)