NYDEC: Leftover DMP's Available

GreeneHunter

http://www.dec.ny.go...tdoor/6399.html

Leftover DMPs

Extended Application Period for leftover DMPs begins November 1, 2012

If there are permits remaining after the initial application period ends, the leftover DMPs may be available during an extended application period.

The Wildlife Management Units (WMUs) with leftover permits are:

1C

3M, 3R, 3S

7F, 7H

8A, 8F, 8G, 8H, 8J, 8N

9A, 9F

Applications for leftover DMPs will be accepted at license issuing outlets only. Applications will not be accepted by phone, mail or on-line for leftover DMPs.

• Hunters may apply for and receive up to two additional DMPs in these WMUs.
  • Applicants with licenses that are exempt from paying a DMP application fee or hunters who have previously applied for DMPs this license year will not be charged any additional fees during the extended application period. Otherwise, there is a non-refundable $10 application fee for leftover DMPs.
  • Leftover DMPs are issued on a first-come / first-serve basis. DEC will continue to issue permits in these WMUs until sufficient numbers of DMPs are issued to achieve optimum management in each unit. When a unit is opened, it will remain open at least until close of business that day. At the end of the business day, any units that have reached the desired number of permits will be closed.
  • Applications for leftover DMPs will not affect any preference points held by the applicant.

Note: DMPs are only valid for antlerless deer in the WMU for which they are issued.

never got and extra tag and doubt i will but whats the cost 1/$10 or 2/$10 ?

If you already paid for DMP lottery, it's free Nov 1st. If not, it's $10 for 2 choices just like before oct 1st deadline.

Hope that helps.

Edited by shawnhu

I always get the extras. you never know when you will get lucky one day out hunting and bag 2 or more same.day although I have not had this happen for me yet, my friend has done this before.

I have gotten the extras in the past and not filled them . I figured I was cheating someone else out of tags if I got more than I filled .

Well I've been to Wally world at 3am and they have had them ...I shopped and still drove the 30mins back in time to hit the stand before light...That said....I called today and they said 7am in Geneseo and in Hornell...The guy in Geneseo said ...to my hey you guys always start way early...."under new management this year and he doesn't like early hours"....

I got my two and the clerk said that today...anyone coming in will get tags...but after today it's first come first serve for remaining...??

Mr B. is ticked...he went to wally world and found out that they started giving them out at 5am.......he got his two...then said so guys were going up and saying I live in Conesus...close enough..hahaha...I live in Mt Morris...close enough so on and so forth...why...why think it's OK to publicly insinuate your going to do something illegal? Really bad enough you do it ...which is why 8M is restricted on doe tags for the guys hunting legally..You need to tell someone too??