It took 36 years, but it finally happened....

WNYBuckHunter

Wow`! Sorry to hear that , I have had it many times and tried bleach ,tencu all kind of cures .Here is what worked for me,calamine lotion applied as often as you can and wear those disposable latex gloves when you sleep or socks over your hands . I KNOW IT SOUNDS CRAZY TO THOSE THAT DONT CATCH POISON IVY,but it spreads so fast when you dont realize you have it. It completely covered my privates front and back it was oozing off my arms went to doctor after trying all the cures and he gave me a shot all the itching subsided and it evevtually went away. For some reason two people can handle ivy and only one may get it !! Best of luck ! Tony

I love how everyone becomes some kind of medical expert with their own remedies when someone else gets poison ivy or sprayed by a skunk. Just very humours. Myself I don't react to poison ivy, i do react to getting sprayed by a skunk.

• Like 1

I love how everyone becomes some kind of medical expert with their own remedies when someone else gets poison ivy or sprayed by a skunk. Just very humours. Myself I don't react to poison ivy, i do react to getting sprayed by a skunk.

well thats you... maybe next time when you get sprayed no one will lend advise. and its not rocket science, you do not have to be a medical expert to lend advise on poison ivey, if you do then i missed that memo

I'm in my 60s and have spent a lifetime outdoors and never got it..Maybe I'm just lucky, or maybe it doesn't affect me.

Of course there was that time down in Tijuana when I met that nice senorita (Consuela) and...uh...er...never mind...

• Like 1

Stay with the program Pygmy....we're talking Poison Ivy...Not..... hhhhmmmmm... well what ever.... ;):P:D

Okay Growie...I'll try to stay on subject...It's just that thinking of Consuela brought back some fond memories <<sigh>>...

What a woman...If it were not for her rotten teeth, harelip and that embarassing feminine hygiene problem she would have been darn near perfect.

We'd probably still be together if she hadn't run off with that Armenian Bed Pan Technician....

• Like 3