What the F is wrong with people!!!

MikeP

Not sure where to post this. Thought I would share this messed up story. So I get to my ladder stand tonight. About 3/4 the way up I realize something isn't right. Look up and the stand is a foot away from the tree. The thing shifts and I end up on the back of it. Managed to get down without braking my neck.

So I'm trying to figure out what happened and realize someone took the strap off and took the bolt out of the stabilizer bar. Also took my hangers. The only thing that kept it from falling was I had a cable lock on in.

Some people are friggin sick in the head. Moral of the story. Check your stands before climbing. And yes this was on private land.

Had one stolen from the same spot last year. Time for a hidden trail cam. Talk about ruining your day.

Yikes! Glad you weren't hurt! Yeah, I just don't understand some guys and their way of thinking!

I always shake my hang-ons, before stepping onto them, for this very reason! If its an evening hunt, I always look at the ratchet straps to make sure they are still in the locked position as well. Call me paranoid, but I've had one treestand fall already, and sure don't want to experience another!

That ain't right, their stupidity could have cost you your life. There is no reason that can justify that. I'll ask a stupid question to clear something before this goes sideways..you were on your own land?

It is land that belongs to my wife's uncle. I know everyone who hunts there. I'm sure it's not one of them as we all hunt together. I could of been hurt really bad. I have a possible suspect but I need to talk to some people.

If I get proof of who it was you can bet your back end I will have them in court.

Glad you are ok, in my mind that is attempted murder. I have had stands stolen, and I have had a stand purposely cut up and ruined because the thieves could not steal it due to chains. I am probably lucky I have never found one stealing my stuff because I would really kick someones ass. I have heard of antis sabataging stands and trespassers so good advice be careful.

I know there really isn't anything the police can do but I'm thinking of just calling to report it incase anything else happens.

I did call all my hunting buddies and tell them not to use it. We have 3 more out there. Will be going out in the morning to make sure they wernt messed with.

Just cause land is private doesn't mean its safe, unless you can patrol 24/7 stuff like this will happen. I'd get a bear box and secure a camera to the tree and then put another one up not to far away. catch the basterd(s) and then threaten prosecution if you ever see them on the peoperty again.. if they get one cam,they will probably miss the other, amazing how scared they get when u show them a pic of them in the act...

I know there really isn't anything the police can do but I'm thinking of just calling to report it incase anything else happens.

I did call all my hunting buddies and tell them not to use it. We have 3 more out there. Will be going out in the morning to make sure they wernt messed with.

CALL THE DEC!!!! they would love to know about it even if they cant do anything, im sure! i just started but im calling them about everything from tresspassers to a question that i saw on here and was wondering about myself, they are always VERY helpful......