Teacher vs Student Debate, Fun times

Robinson446

4 pages of nonsense and hardly any of it has anything to do with Robinson's thread. Nice going guys. But we've had a good response from the grammar police. That was useful. ;)

And then we have this poor guy ATbuckhunter who keeps trying to bring it all back to being on-topic. Ha-ha-ha.... lots of luck.

The topic was what we thought about his communication/debate with his teacher. Was it not? Several here have made an attempt to bring to his attention how he can be more effective in his communication. You for some reason known only to yourself continue to ridicule those who are actually trying to help him.

In one of your nonsensical posts you seemed to take a particular defensive position that you haven't expressed that grammar and spelling are unimportant. Yet you haven't stated that they are and beyond that you criticize those here who are indicating the importance of those very things.

A 29 year old who has indicated how critically important these things are in his profession. Another who has hiring responsibilities in a company that employs 13,000

people. This person making reference to how much emphasis he places on the ability to

communicate. Yet you make light and ridicule. That is helping this young man how?

The importance of spelling and grammar in effective communication is undeniable, especially so for a young person.

This is clearly so obvious, yet I expect that you will continue to ridicule and make light.

Edited by Scot

Why feed the fire the folks in Washington all have there own agenda there going to do what ever they have to in order to keep there long ass terms going and keep noding there heads and yesing the people till they are old and we still pay to keep them safe where else in the world can you live and get payed the same money even after your ass as been voted out only in the good ol USA God bless us all ................................. sorry about the tantrum just venting

The topic was what we thought about his communication/debate with his teacher. Was it not? Several here have made an attempt to bring to his attention how he can be more effective in his communication. You for some reason known only to yourself continue to ridicule those who are actually trying to help him.

In one of your nonsensical posts you seemed to take a particular defensive position that you haven't expressed that grammar and spelling are unimportant. Yet you haven't stated that they are and beyond that you criticize those here who are indicating the importance of those very things.

A 29 year old who has indicated how critically important these things are in his profession. Another who has hiring responsibilities in a company that employs 13,000

people. This person making reference to how much emphasis he places on the ability to

communicate. Yet you make light and ridicule. That is helping this young man how?

The importance of spelling and grammar in effective communication is undeniable, especially so for a young person.

This is clearly so obvious, yet I expect that you will continue to ridicule and make light.

Now you really are getting completely ridiculous in your efforts to justify going out of your way to humiliate a young forum member. For some reason you feel justified in publicly belittling him for some spelling and grammar mistakes. I hope that makes you feel good, but don't be so transparent as to claim that it was all done for his benefit. I guess it never occurred to those that were having a free-for-all over his errors to send a PM and point out his mistakes. And of course it wouldn't have had the same humiliating impact would it? And now that someone has called you out on it, you start trying to put lipstick on it to make it all a bit more palatable. Don't bother, I'm not buying it. I'm sorry if I don't appreciate the idea of trying to drive our younger members away with those tactics. I suspect that all your efforts may very well have succeeded. Frankly I think it stinks!

Peddle this nonsense some where else Doc! What a bunch of hog wash! What you are suggesting is pure unadultrated BS! Efforts were made to help a young person improve their communication.To have them be more effective in conveying their thoughts and idea's, so it would benefit them in all area's of their life. My comments were made respectfully and with out malice. Whose benefit would I do it for? I have no idea of what you are talking about! Every comment made was made in an attempt to help. It is disengenuous on your part to suggest other wise! Please show me where I have made effort to drive a younger member away. What tactics are you referring to? This is truly nonsense!!

I have Pm'd this young man. I had done so a day or two ago. That communication is between he and I and I can't imagine that he will not see my sincerity as it relates to where I am coming from. If you as a moderator were so concerned with the potential detrimental impact of this conversation why were you not in touch with me or others by PM? Why didn't you lock the thread? It is very clear that many here were sincerely making effort to help. I find your contentions without merit and offensive!

I have a long history of volunteer effort and participation with young people, including serving 10 years as a member of the Board of Directors of our counties Big Brothers and Big Sisters program. For you to attempt to spin my efforts in the manner that you have will not be tolerated by me!! No way,no How!!

A big thanks to all those who have "helped" Robinson with his spelling and grammar . He hasn't been back since the bashing errrrrrr Corrections to his post have been made .

not the first time this crowd has scared someone off.

Hope that isn't the case with him

not the first time this crowd has scared someone off.

Hope that isn't the case with him

But gosh Paula , a few people were trying to "help" the kid . Don't you agree that Robinson should have learned something by being flogged in front of everyone on the site rather than being told by the scholars that he spelled words wrong and used improper grammar via a pm or e-mail ?

There is not much I can do about the conclusions that you arrive at. I have repeatedly stated what my intentions were. In addition to not having any control over the conclusions that you arrive at, I also can not control what you choose to believe.

If your moderating privileges permit you to, look at the note I sent to this young man. If after doing that you can conclude my intentions were other than honorable than we can discuss this further in private.

Edited by Scot

Ok I gave input to a the same type topic yesterday morning pre NRA release. Teachers and School personal are the real 1st responders. Waiting in lock down until the arm sick defected person comes to the nexted room is not a plan, Fire drills, etc but no training for teachers other than lock the kids in the room. My son asked Dad what should I do if it happens at my school, I told him its your life you only have one, If the gunman is coming and he is aways away its time to act outside of the status quo. Get out or play dead are 2 choice looking at it now but real time you will have to use you head. here is the response I gave on anothe Fourm.

What happen at that school was very sad, as a parent I can't begin to tell one of the victims family I know how you feel, Its a very bad thing done by a sick defected person. He would of found I way to act out, know matter what.Why a school? he knew that helpless victms where there. Now take Gun control take people rights away and each home is a target. I hear 1st responders police,swat, but the real 1st responders are the teachers, If each school district would provide training to teachers 3-6 ? depending on the size of the school to train with a fire arm, run drills pay them more money.When and if it happens again they will be able to protect the kids rather than sitting in lock down waiting for the guy to come to thier room next. The local police & FBI would know each schools trained people by photo and the can have layards with badge For ID so when the 2nd responders show up 5-10min later can know who they are. For a teacher to shield children with thier own person unarmed is a hero but with a gun in thier hand the out come will be different.

JMO

I have sent him a message but why would a private message be warranted? Is it because of his age or because it had to do with school? I only ask because others have been corrected without a private message.

I think he was given a hard time for a couple of his stories and he stuck around so I don’t think this will stop him from coming here