Are you FOR or AGAINST a change?

I agree with Irish Redneck: Do not ban guns or types of guns/ammo for civilians if the same are OK for the govt. (police)

Additionally: No new laws that restrict my ability to defend myself and family. Repeal those (gun-free zones) that do.

Obama wants to ban certain guns in America. Why doesn't he want to ban bulldozers in Israel...or land mines in Afghanistan...or war everywhere? If children are worth protecting, ALL children are worth protecting! I am sick of political posturing by our warmonger leaders.

• Like 3

I agree with Irish Redneck: Do not ban guns or types of guns/ammo for civilians if the same are OK for the govt. (police)

Additionally: No new laws that restrict my ability to defend myself and family. Repeal those (gun-free zones) that do.

Obama wants to ban certain guns in America. Why doesn't he want to ban bulldozers in Israel...or land mines in Afghanistan...or war everywhere? If children are worth protecting, ALL children are worth protecting! I am sick of political posturing by our warmonger leaders.

Quick, get out here so I can buy you a few beers before we disagree again....lol

Wasn't a trap. But it was an illustration. I can't tell you the number of hunters and shooters in the past week that have said this gun should be banned. Called it a military weapon and such. It is just a Remington 7400. I would bet that almost all the politicians charged with developing some sort of solution would not have any idea this is just a typical "hunting" rifle.

did you really just type that? land mines and war are not legal... not even in Afghanistan. If they were you could buy one at the local corner. And the Geneva convention was a pretty good attempt to limit "civilized war". There are of course Rebels in all countries that break these laws. We call them criminals and most are locked up.

NO changes. This guy and the batman movie theater guy are like serial killers. They are going to fly under the radar and its going to happen again no doubt. Also, new gun laws will have the honest people abiding but the bad guys wont.

Also, you have to consider about the mental illness isue. There are probably dozens of categories of mental illness in the DSM books. What happens if a doctor writes on a pad that you have depression or anxiety once in your life. Does that mean you cant own a gun again? A lot of issues to consider.

You have to remember and consider the number of people in this country, the number of gun owners and compare them to the total number of events that occur. Geeze i think nearly as many people die per year in medical malpractice and dwi accidents.

Oh forgot to add this. It all comes down to people being crazy and that isthe proplem. Read this link that a friend sent me today about a story of a man walking onto a bus in Chicago and smacking a woman passenger in the side of her head with a sock filled with human feces.....NO JOKE. people are crazy. Do we ban tube socks?

http://m.nbcchicago.com/nbcchicago/pm_107759/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=9v1QSieM

• Like 1

Deerthug, I was more asking if this ws one of the weapons you were refering to when you said these type. I understood you were not against them

I had no idea what type of firearm that was in your picture.

Nevertheless, I'm happy with my two shotguns, 30-06 and TC muzzy.

Where's my beer?? :drinks:

I'm for a more uniformed law at a national level. I understand environmental and cultural differences betweeen the urban streets of Chicago and New York are completely different from the roaring hills of Montana but some closer similarities would be needed.

Strict background checks and mental health evaluations to obtain license. Periodic health evaluations required for renewal. I say every 5 years. Such evaluations should be covered by insurance. These evluations would not only raise flag for mass shootings but also the Timothy McVeigh's and those contemplating suicide.

License is required for purchase and possession. A paper trail for firearm purchases. Laws don't prevent criminals from doing whatever they do but if you don't think the lack of a paper trail and the lack of a licensed requirement is how a majority of criminal obtain their firearms illegally then you haven't rub elbows with many criminals.

Once properly evaluated, you should not be restricted to the type of firearm you can purchase and possess.

Basically, firearm should be treated like a motor-vehicle. You have to pass a test and then obtain a license. But once you have a license, they don't tell you that you can only drive minivans but not sportscars. Of course if you want to drive a 18 wheeler, you just need to pass a different test and obtain a different license. If caught breaking the law, your gun/vehicle will be impounded and your license will be suspended or revoked.

Oh forgot to add this. It all comes down to people being crazy and that isthe proplem. Read this link that a friend sent me today about a story of a man walking onto a bus in Chicago and smacking a woman passenger in the side of her head with a sock filled with human feces.....NO JOKE. people are crazy. Do we ban tube socks?

Yes!!!

why is it no one can understand.....this guy didn't own a single gun

he killed someone and stole her gun, yes it was his mother, however the fact remains the same

the system was working, until a crazy person stole a gun, isn't killing his mother illegale? why would more laws make a differance?

I agree 100%. These people are not right in the head! Maybe if the mother had the guns locked up, trigger locks or SOMETHING! Take away all the guns and people are still going to find some way to do this again.

• Like 1

Indeed it is quite possible the world just might end tomarrow! Why? Well this just might be the first time I agree with you! LOL Good stuff!

I'm for a more uniformed law at a national level. I understand environmental and cultural differences betweeen the urban streets of Chicago and New York are completely different from the roaring hills of Montana but some closer similarities would be needed.

Strict background checks and mental health evaluations to obtain license. Periodic health evaluations required for renewal. I say every 5 years. Such evaluations should be covered by insurance. These evluations would not only raise flag for mass shootings but also the Timothy McVeigh's and those contemplating suicide.

License is required for purchase and possession. A paper trail for firearm purchases. Laws don't prevent criminals from doing whatever they do but if you don't think the lack of a paper trail and the lack of a licensed requirement is how a majority of criminal obtain their firearms illegally then you haven't rub elbows with many criminals.

Once properly evaluated, you should not be restricted to the type of firearm you can purchase and possess.

Basically, firearm should be treated like a motor-vehicle. You have to pass a test and then obtain a license. But once you have a license, they don't tell you that you can only drive minivans but not sportscars. Of course if you want to drive a 18 wheeler, you just need to pass a different test and obtain a different license. If caught breaking the law, your gun/vehicle will be impounded and your license will be suspended or revoked.

I'm looking down this list and trying to figure out which one of these proposed laws would have stopped (or even slowed down) this kid at Newtown. How about the kids at Columbine? If you had a mind to shoot somebody, how long would it take you to head down the street and find someone with a trunk full of illegal guns for sale? Would any of these law proposals make this guy any harder to find? .....Just some things to think about.

I'm looking down this list and trying to figure out which one of these proposed laws would have stopped (or even slowed down) this kid at Newtown. How about the kids at Columbine? If you had a mind to shoot somebody, how long would it take you to head down the street and find someone with a trunk full of illegal guns for sale? Would any of these law proposals make this guy any harder to find? .....Just some things to think about.

It doens't stop another Newton, CT incidence but it'll save a the random kid in Brownsville, Brooklyn who was gets hit by a stray bullet when a random teen thug shoots at another random teen thug with a gun he couldn't get in NY so he got a buddy to drive down to Georgia and buy it for him there.

It doens't stop another Newton, CT incidence but it'll save a the random kid in Brownsville, Brooklyn who was gets hit by a stray bullet when a random teen thug shoots at another random teen thug with a gun he couldn't get in NY so he got a buddy to drive down to Georgia and buy it for him there.

Oh Elmo...It will not.

So you're saying every single criminal will have another simple way to obtaining a firearm? Not a single criminal will be deterred?

[editted grammar]

No Elmo .... you don't want to get caught up in those "if it saves just one life it's worth it...." kind of justifications. An awful lot of bad law and lost freedoms comes out of the use of that phrase. If we are going to get into harrassment style laws, let's make sure that the results are significant and the over-all benefits obvious. I've got to say that when you get into that "drive-by" action, you are dealing with very street-wise lowlifes that would not abide by any law just out of general principles .... lol. Seriously those kinds of guys are pretty much immune from gun laws. Gun laws in those cases are not preventative, but may offer some slap-on-the-wrist additional charges after the homicide.