Now I'm....

growalot

at my limit....

Besides the forums being a battle ground...for damn near everyone.....including my self and about EVERY THING........nit picking ...innuendo's...ect.ect

Lets pull out the pin and pop some massive egos...pull heads out of the nether region and think past our own little noses...

There are ppl out there NOT AS FORTUNATE as you or I....they may have Parkinson...MS...or any other such affliction that hinders PERFECT postings....Just for once think before you type nasty comments....for by the GRACE OF GOD go you!!!

They have a right to post with out feeling like Shit!!!!

Merry Christmas.......................................................

Grow,

In a perfect world, I would agree with you. You don't know these things when the person is sitting behind a computer posting their feelings on a topic. Their are two 16 year olds that post their school work on the forum. As a parent I would never ever allow that. The work is to be evaluated by the parents and teachers. On the same line some of our forum members are teachers. Don't you think the first thing they will evaluate is spelling and grammar. Yea I know it would be nice to take a post for what it is and just let things go but you can't. Its just the way, on the Internet. I bet you half of what is posted (bashing, egotistic, condescending tones) would never come out of the persons mouth if it were face to face.

Merry Christmas to you too, my Southern Tier friend!

I don't check "back grounds" nor ages.....They are going to school to learn this...I don't think they need "teachers" looking over their shoulders 24/ 7...

the post that set me off...which I'm late and now can't find...Was a poster being told they post like a 6yr old ...I'm not going to turn this post into a battle ground of back and forths...it was a step back and think one................. take it as any of you will...I'm off to try and get out of the ft of snow in my drive...

I feel what growalot is saying. It's not even worth it to get involved in half of these posts anymore.

Too many guys here just don't know how to let anything go and take crap to the next level. It really is disturbing to listen to some of the computer savvy ego-maniacs.

Truth is, I happen to get my point across sometimes better in type than in person. I know a lot of guys around the web that would blow your mind in a conversation face to face, but they don't convey those thoughts to type very well so not to offend the internet secretaries.

• Like 6

I mean no offense by this, but I generally skip over many posts that are long winded and/or filled with grammatical mistakes or poor punctuation.

I feel that many members on here really do have valuable comments, but I personally would rather read and understand as many posts as I can so I skip over those that I know I'll have an issue understanding.

That's why I try to give advice, not to sound like a snob, but to help myself understand you.

• Like 1

at my limit....

Besides the forums being a battle ground...for damn near everyone.....including my self and about EVERY THING........nit picking ...innuendo's...ect.ect

Lets pull out the pin and pop some massive egos...pull heads out of the nether region and think past our own little noses...

There are ppl out there NOT AS FORTUNATE as you or I....they may have Parkinson...MS...or any other such affliction that hinders PERFECT postings....Just for once think before you type nasty comments....for by the GRACE OF GOD go you!!!

They have a right to post with out feeling like Shit!!!!

Merry Christmas.......................................................

If they can read, they can post in a bit more grammatical way. Why people can't use a capital letter at the start of a sentence, a comma or maybe break for a paragraph at some point in a post is beond me.

I'm FAR from the brightest bulb in the pack but damn, at least I try. I don't think anybody hits the edit button as much as me

No, I won't start another post about it like you Grow, I'll just make my snide little comment and tuck & run in the thread.

Happy New Year.

• Like 2

This place is tame compared to some. But I get the O.P's point if you don't have something positive to add, or you want to post something that derails, just start your own thread. Example, I posted a thread on a fishing site about striped bass, it ended with how much chicken poop went into Chesapeake Bay from Perdue. With many hard feelings in between. Let's just keep it friendly, even if you disagree you can do it friendly and respectfully.

So many people make a hobby out of being what I've coined as "keyboard nasty" and argumentative. Understandably it sounds like a lot of people are fed up with it. Some say "toughen up" or "it's a message board with different views on matters what did you expect?"

But why isn't there an option for the person who starts a post to make it "Nasty or Debate free" on this site? If people saw the original posters intention was not to get in a war of words, they would label it "Nasty/Debate free". This way, before someone joined in on such a post, hopefully they would tame their attacks.. and if they didn't a moderator might pull their nasty response.

This way, if I wanted to share a picture of a mature buck I shot and labeled it "Nasty/Debate free", I would not have to hear about how I'm an elitist or worry about being attacked because maybe I spelled a word wrong.

For those who tend to be a bit harsh frequently or like to argue, just start a different post and don't label it and that means anything is fair game.

It would seem that such a function would give a poster the option to trying to keep things civil.

This place is tame compared to some. But I get the O.P's point if you don't have something positive to add, or you want to post something that derails, just start your own thread. Example, I posted a thread on a fishing site about striped bass, it ended with how much chicken poop went into Chesapeake Bay from Perdue. With many hard feelings in between. Let's just keep it friendly, even if you disagree you can do it friendly and respectfully.

Thats for SURE!!!!