who is going to collect all these guns...

Who in there right mind will go to someones house as an official of the government and collect all the guns? It would be a suicide mission for any officer to do so... the police force? Military? Does the gov. really think that most of their collectors do no believe in 2nd amendment rights over the will of a deluded president that can't/won't respect his position as the commander in chief? Wouldn't this just be feel good legislation unenforceable? Making almost all gun owners criminal on paper? I would hate to be assigned to take some citizens guns away..... i'd prolly quit and become a criminal myself!

• Like 1

My guess is that there will be no gathering of firearms. It will be a proclamation that it is illegal to possess, and enforcement will come whenever anyone tries to bring one out and use it, or gets caught in possession during other incidental contact with authorities.

It all comes back to a question I asked a while ago: what good is owning something that you have to keep buried in your yard or boarded up in the wall. If they make the penalty severe enough, I fully expect nearly 100% compliance.

This stuff has to be fought in the legislature, courts, and any other legitimate venue that we can come up with. Depending on the difficulty in enforcement is a losing position. They will figure out a way to enforce the law or make violation of the law pointless. As far as creating new criminals I really don't think that they give a damn about that. They already have the engrained mindset that if you own a gun, you are probably a criminal.

Let's keep our attention on fighting this gun-hysteria and not be lulled into complacency by hopes of enforcement problems. I hope it never gets that far and we had better be concentrating on seeing that it doesn't.

It all comes back to a question I asked a while ago: what good is owning something that you have to keep buried in your yard or boarded up in the wall. If they make the penalty severe enough, I fully expect nearly 100% compliance.

Wow...that statement right there...that is a dictators best friend...

Yes Doc I know you went on to say these actions need to be fought and not to be complacent...but this statement is the like the golden rule of complacency...and in my OP a contradiction to what you went on to say....

A survey was done awhile back, asking cops if they would disarm citizens at the will of the government. The vast majority responded, "Yes!"

If there is ever any sort of "collection" by the government, it will be a clear example of the "government against the people" situation for which the Second Admendment offers protection.

Slowly, our government of...by...and for the people is becoming a government on...over...and against the people. Sad times!

Don't forget the money factor. They could impose crazy high taxes on guns and ammo sales as well as high registration fees on guns you already own. Cuomo is talking about making pistol permit holders to reapply every 2 years. Im sure there will be fees attached to that.

The question is what can we do? How do we fight this? I'm with Doc on this I also think there will be 100 percent compliance. How many if us will risk our homes jobs and the well being of our children just so we can hold on to our guns? We need to stop this before it is enacted afterwords is too late.

I understand that it's about more than keeping our guns. Your preaching to the chior. The second amendment is the keystone to the bill if rights. Without it the other nine can be easily taken away. I know people talk tough but when it comes right down to it people are not going to shoot it out with the authorities. The vast majority will comply without a fight.

Do you not have an understanding of ...When we forget or ignore our past we are doomed to repeat it?....Perhaps that's just what the power mongers are hoping for...maybe they figure that they have raped the middle class into submission and all the well fare recipients will stand by their side and help further neuter the sheep.....

I for one am not a lamb...I watched ppl I love leave this ground to die on foreign soils just to stop this from happening...they fought.... being fed a line of fear of loosing our freedoms from the out side....For what?.... The rest of us could stand by and let the enemy on our soils destroy the freedoms they died for....no...I'm at the age that I have nothing to loose except the future of my adult children and my self respect....

• Like 4

Thank you Growalot! I hear you. I have been on that foreign soil myself and my oldest son a US Marine, recently returned home from the sand box. Ive been in harms way. I know what it looks like, feels like, sounds like and smells like. Most of the people talking tough have no clue. When push comes to shove there will be very few of us who stand up and refuse to comply. I hope im wtong but i think that to believe otherwise is not realistic.

I refuse to get sucked into the world of the paranoid by the Timothy McVeigh types and those that would associate themselves with the mindset of the Ruby Ridge crew. Democracy is what we've got and Democracy is what I intend to stick with, and I am not yet ready to replace it with armed anarchy. I have no need or desire to begin sounding like some whacked out militia recruit. If we can't figure out how to keep our Democracy intact, then we probably don't deserve it.

Thank you Growalot! I hear you. I have been on that foreign soil myself and my oldest son a US Marine, recently returned home from the sand box. Ive been in harms way. I know what it looks like, feels like, sounds like and smells like. Most of the people talking tough have no clue. When push comes to shove there will be very few of us who stand up and refuse to comply. I hope im wtong but i think that to believe otherwise is not realistic.

During the American Revolution only 30 percent or less where will to take the risk of being called American patriot and take the risks that came with taking a stand against tryanny. I imaginge the percentage is much lower today.

I refuse to get sucked into the world of the paranoid by the Timothy McVeigh types and those that would associate themselves with the mindset of the Ruby Ridge crew. Democracy is what we've got and Democracy is what I intend to stick with, and I am not yet ready to replace it with armed anarchy. I have no need or desire to begin sounding like some whacked out militia recruit. If we can't figure out how to keep our Democracy intact, then we probably don't deserve it.

We do not live in a democracy. We were given a Republic wherein the federal government must operate within explicitly enumerated powers. As systems of government, the two are not remotely similar, save for the power of the vote.

What exactly do you mean, "...The mindset of the Ruby Ridge Crew..."? You mean people who think that federal storm troopers shooting a woman who's only crime was holding an infant to death should be prosecuted like any citizen who did the same? Please, enlighten me.

• Like 1

i know alot of us our gonna stand our ground no matter who comes to get the guns we own ...its sad to say but it might just get like the movie patriot. i hope it dont ... but for the people who think that people in the us aint gonna fight for the second amendmant need to wake up and stop bein sheep.... the current people in charge aint gonna stop until they get war.... once they start changing the amendmants and get away with it watch out.. shits gonna hit the fan

Again... I don't see them knocking on your door looking for your guns. I can see them hitting people in the wallet & making the guns that people already have (the ones they have a record of) so expensive to own, by imposed taxes and fees, that people just give them up.

Sogaard...no one what?...You actually think no one in this country will fight to keep their property? and maintain the right to use that property...Did you just move here?

Here's what they figure...once we take the guns and destroy them....they will never be able to gain a strong hold to get their 2nd amendment rights back...They started small...with picking at our freedom of speech and the right to assemble...hell that went down with out a second look...they have been poking at are rights to own land with the broad stroke of eminent domain...For the good of all...forget rights to privacy...we signed that away years ago ...to better our health care...our cars are all lo jacked..blk boxed ...ect..ect...now they have come to a line.....

• Like 3

Here's what they figure...once we take the guns and destroy them....they will never be able to gain a strong hold to get their 2nd amendment rights back...They started small...with picking at our freedom of speech and the right to assemble...hell that went down with out a second look...they have been poking at are rights to own land with the broad stroke of eminent domain...For the good of all...forget rights to privacy...we signed that away years ago ...to better our health care...our cars are all lo jacked..blk boxed ...ect..ect...now they have come to a line.....

Well stated Grow !

Sogaard...no one what?...You actually think no one in this country will fight to keep their property? and maintain the right to use that property...Did you just move here?

No Grow, I was addressing the initial question. No one is going to be coming to your door to collect guns.