Voting without reading the bill

And, the proper response should be that if you have not read the bill, you automatically vote against it. It should never be the case that a legislator would put into law something that they have not read ...... NEVER! If the majority of legislators abided by this, there would be an understanding that if you intend to put forth a bill that has any chance of passing, you had better make sure that adequate time to read it is allowed.

I'm afraid that just exactly the opposite is practiced by these dummys. If they don't have time to read and understand and even do some research, they automatically vote for it. Now that is just plain dumb!

• Like 1

And, the proper response should be that if you have not read the bill, you automatically vote against it. It should never be the case that a legislator would put into law something that they have not read ...... NEVER! If the majority of legislators abided by this, there would be an understanding that if you intend to put forth a bill that has any chance of passing, you had better make sure that adequate time to read it is allowed.

I'm afraid that just exactly the opposite is practiced by these dummys. If they don't have time to read and understand and even do some research, they automatically vote for it. Now that is just plain dumb!

Agree 100%. I was told years ago by a local politician they pass bills in 30 seconds & it takes 30 years to repeal them. weather they read them or not! More BS.

My feeling is that by voting against a proposed (but unread) law, you are not adding anything negative to the system. Nothing has been made worse. But blindly putting into law something that you have not read or understood or performed the proper level of research on runs risks of making existing situations worse. If you do not have time to adequately know what you are voting for, vote against it. That seems so stinking obvious to me, and yet apparently that's not the way it's done.

They removed the video, which we posted on NY Dove Hunting Face book page, of the Senate Standing Committee on Environmental Conservation meeting that was held on Tuesday, May 15, 2012, in Room 901 LOB. One of the items on that meetings agenda was muzzleloading proposals. A senator (on the environmental conservation committee no less) was videotaped asking "what is a muzzleloader?" seconds before voting on muzzleloading legislation... At least this guy asked, that begs the question if others dont even do that... I dont know for sure, but if there are any skeptics, the transcript of the meeting may be available through the FOIL or other public disclosure laws. Or just ask someone who follows the page who may remember the video.

Edited by mike rossi

I agree 100%.

Sent from my ADR8995 using Tapatalk 2