Let's throw some gas on the fire - MI Report

phade

I said,no I didn't...I'm right ,your wrong...your right, I'm wrong...... yes you did, no I didn't ...yes I did ,You did not....Your a fool...no your a fool...quote this , quote that ...Quote quote, quote...Counter quote ,quote,quote...Bla bla bla

NYS get off your ass and settle this already!!!

They will and no matter which way it ends up the sky won't have fallen.  I do hope they get their act together for at least the older and disabled hunters. If they miss that boat is will be a shame.

Just in case this is directed at me...

Because I dont fall in lock step with everything an organization has to say? It has nothing to do with any conspiracy theory, I simply dont agree with the way the numbers were complied, thats all. It has nothing to do with a problem with authority, these organizations are not authority figures anyway.

Its like anything else in life, take my friends for instance. I dont have to agree with every opinion they have to be friends with them. Hell I dont agree with everything my fiance has an opinion on.

Not authority figures and not subject-matter authorities either.

What effort have you made?

I try to pass on yearlings myself. I'm no saint and have not always followed this. I have purchased land. On that land I am improving the existing apples, planting more fruit trees and improving their habitat. I have friends my age that I have been teaching ethical hunting and QDM principals too. I have offered money to young people looking to buy a bow. I have reported poachers. I buy a supersportsman every year. I have never once killed a deer I didn't eat, out of season or not legally tagged. I will get my son into hunting and maybe even some of his friends. I have joined organizations that have a vested interest in preserving the hunting tradition.

Is there more that I should be doing? When it comes down to it, my fan club dislikes me for speaking my mind on subjects they disagree with. I'm opinionated:

I don't believe in crossbows during archery for the able bodied hunter. I believe they should be allowed during the other 2 seasons and for elderly and disabled

I don't believe in the taking of yearlings with the exception of youth, but I have yet to wrap my mind around a way to make this work for all and I'm still not sure it's beneficial

I'm not a fan of killing a deer in late February

I absolutely don't support the intentional shooting of BBs

That should cover it. Have at it.

2. What was it that you asked culver and I that hasnt been responded to? I seem to have missed it.

my question was; does your organization not put a lot of merit in this report? Do you not use it in debates, presentations, teachings and lobbying?

Edited by Belo

Just in case this is directed at me...

Because I dont fall in lock step with everything an organization has to say? It has nothing to do with any conspiracy theory, I simply dont agree with the way the numbers were complied, thats all. It has nothing to do with a problem with authority, these organizations are not authority figures anyway.

Its like anything else in life, take my friends for instance. I dont have to agree with every opinion they have to be friends with them. Hell I dont agree with everything my fiance has an opinion on.

Nah, directed at rossi. He's complaining about state legislatures, writer's orgs...councils, etc.

Seems like nothing is right unless they fall lock step with him/his ideas.

But, I will say, they put those numbers in their annual deer report, which is their most prestiguous release. That says something. It's akin to a publicly traded company putting numbers in their Form 10-K.

Edited by phade

Yep. Just look around at the state land during gun season, empty most of the time. You used to see trucks and cars parked to the side of the road all over the place, not anymore. Its easy to see.

I think it goes a lot farther than just an argument about license sales. I believe that of the current license holders, the average hunter is not putting in the time that they used to. To me that is more of a problem to the sport of hunting than changes in license sales. It shows that the problems of hunting popularity goes way beyond weapons choices, or hunter recruitment, or season lengths, or any other of those superficial so called cures. Basicly what we have is a social shift away from hunting, and there may not be any cure for that. There is no permanent way to cater to hunter laziness and lack of interest. You can sell all the licenses you want, but you can't force people to use them.

You guys should hear some of the b/s the school teachers spew at your kids.  Hunting and killing and guns are all bad, apparently you did not get that memo...  It is spread in every school...  Hell you can get arrested for making a pizza into a gun, that should tell you how our schools see hunting and any fire arm. So much for cops and robbers,  LMAO. 

All shooting and bow and arrow classes are being stopped and removed from schools...  Hunting is a thing of the past, Modern society does not need to hunt according to them, it's only for crazy people who want to kill.  This is the mentalitly they have, don't beleive me.  Ask your kid to request information on starting an after school activity that involves shooting a gun, any gun and see how they respond.  Tell them it's a survival course, that teaches, fishing, camping, eating wild food and hunting.  Record there face when you mention that last word as the expression will change in an instant! 

Anyone who can not see that social media, tv, movies, computers and the general lack of interest in outdoor activities is a major cause of this stuff.  Society is to blame.  Now kids do not play outside, they play inside on the Nintendo or Wii or computer game or phone.  They spend more time on facebook and socializing than they do in school...  Texting, youtube, e-mail, instant messaging.  All of these things have watered down our values as outdoors men/women and the teachers in your schools will continue to degradate this by spewing more lies about ethical and moral hunters that are just in the woods to KILL...

Nah, directed at rossi. He's complaining about state legislatures, writer's orgs...councils, etc.

Seems like nothing is right unless they fall lock step with him/his ideas.

But, I will say, they put those numbers in their annual deer report, which is their most prestiguous release. That says something. It's akin to a publicly traded company putting numbers in their Form 10-K.

He probably knew it was directed at me... I am not opposing or supporting AR or crossbows, so this isn't about what falls lock step with me. What prompted me was Sits in Trees made a comment about who decides the fate of regulations and came close to discouraging anyone from trying to influence outcomes. Then I responded to Belo about the same post once or twice. Not sure that qualifies as "complaining". Some of you think it is funny to play dumb and prolong discussions, but you do that at the expense of confusing novices or 13 year old youths. Its pretty frustrating when trying to put things into the proper perspective for people and someone convolutes the issue even more. Those can have fun for a while, because I won't be doing this forever. Hopefully I will inspire some of the younger & smarter  and they will break the cycle.

I

Do you really think it is fun? I find it all a bit contrived and redundant, especially given the fact that there are so many new and truly interesting events going on in the world of guns, hunting, and other outdoor activities and issues. Of course, the skill of a troll involves how many people he can continue to draw into these rather unfriendly conflicts, and I do admit to occasionally being the victim of the trolls. They are so skilled at causing conflict and drawing others into it through inflamatory statements.

But I do find it interesting that you call it fun. I call it a pain in the butt to have to come back in to the same old crap trying to offset all the BS that people throw out just to keep conflict alive.

You find it contrived and redundant yet I can always find you here coming back for more... you're buried in it as deep as the next guy. Nobody here is above the bullshit and we all know it.

• Like 2

my question was; does your organization not put a lot of merit in this report? Do you not use it in debates, presentations, teachings and lobbying?

Thanks, I did miss that.

Most likely, but that doesnt make all of it correct, or excuse the inflated numbers that just dont add up. The organization is not infallable.