when are you gonna start listening for Gobblers?

sits in trees

Honestly, about 4:30am on May 1st.

Certainly not what most will do but I've lost "it" a little for gobblers. Family constraints, work, fuel prices and changing times have done that to me. As stated for years, YMMV.

I wouldn't criticize anyone for doing it, just don't mess with them too much.

• Like 4

Honestly, about 4:30am on May 1st.

Certainly not what most will do but I've lost "it" a little for gobblers. Family constraints, work, fuel prices and changing times have done that to me. As stated for years, YMMV.

I wouldn't criticize anyone for doing it, just don't mess with them too much.

YMMV?

YMMV

SAM

You guys are NUTS!

Guess what, I just got a call from my buddy in Arcade. He called to say that he went out to grab his morning paper out of the mail box and a thundering gobble hit him from across the road. The big Ol Tom sounded off twice before the 9* temperature was too much for my buddy.

NOW I'm fired up! LOL........

Joe you don't need to go to Central America for sunshine you get that come planting time driving tractor, unless you have a cab tractor. Boy growing up on a farm has changed a lot in the last forty years

LOL yeah i found that out YEARS ago LOL

Have fun...but be very careful Joseph....Scares me when our daughter visits college friends there..Or her boy friend has to go for work...

yeah i dont wanna get robbed!!!

They have been gobbeling by me yesterday on and off all day.Went to the PO in the afternoon and there were 5 bearded ones right along side of the road.

Each year around this time (today) I visit the graves of my parents and grandparents at Woodlawn Cemetery in the Bronx and at Gate of Heaven in Westchester and I  am amazed at the increased number of turkeys I see every year. I always bring various calls with me and get those gobblers to vocalize. My children are amazed that I can evoke such responses from the Toms and in such close proximity.

I know the fuel prices are going to take their toll but I do need to check out a couple of new spots. You can never have enough places to hunt turkeys.

I know that feeling. Got a few spots that are a few hours away but im not sure ill be able to make it to them.

This year with the weather being so cold, we might even see some more intense gobbling towards mid to late may compared to the last few years of intense gobbling during april and early may. Saw a bunch today and they are down to their small flocks. No gobbling today though.

• Like 1