State Considering Changes to NY-SAFE Act

Well I know is not really a huge deal, but now the state is considering changes. This would lead me to believe that there is something in there they are going to reword or ad. I don't think its a good thing. But this may give a judge, to atleast look into issueing a injunction and rule on how this law was passed. Since before King Cuomo said there will be NO CHANGES.

http://fingerlakesdailynews.com/news/details.cfm?clientid=16&id=69870#.UUmRbldkh8E

Well I know is not really a huge deal, but now the state is considering changes. This would lead me to believe that there is something in there they are going to reword or ad. I don't think its a good thing. But this may give a judge, to atleast look into issueing a injunction and rule on how this law was passed. Since before King Cuomo said there will be NO CHANGES.

http://fingerlakesdailynews.com/news/details.cfm?clientid=16&id=69870#.UUmRbldkh8E

Shows how incompetent our lawmakers really are. These people are running our state?

I saw this. While it doesn't ban 10 round mags but still limits us to 7, it will help with still being able to buy a gun. I think this also ultimately backfires against cumos campaign as it shows he rushed something through, then in typical democrat fashion he flip-floppped.

glad to see the house dems vote down the assault weapon ban and mag restrictions too

One thing I am worried about, you will get people happy because their Rugar 10-22 would be legal now, and say oh this law is good enough for me now. Well you still can only put 7 bullets in the magazine .

The 7 round limit is the most ridiculous part of the whole "common sense" law and needs to be changed. But I don't think it will change with out legal action.

The 7 round limit is the most ridiculous part of the whole "common sense" law and needs to be changed. But I don't think it will change with out legal action.

the ammo background checks and banned internet sales are a pretty close second. Not to mention the pistol grip semi auto shotguns, or just the ARs in general

the ammo background checks and banned internet sales are a pretty close second. Not to mention the pistol grip semi auto shotguns, or just the ARs in general

Yeah the whole damn this is one big joke. One of my pistols has an 8 round mag and the little king says I can only load it with 7? He calls that "common sense" LOL!

The Democrats are looking down the road....something republicans should learn to do..... All they are concerned about at the present is holding on to seats and winning the presidency again....Coumo did them a favor with this SafeAct...It showed just how much the ppl will tolerate....You think they haven't noticed the huge increase in weapon and ammo purchases....ppl applying for permits.....and I haven't checked but possible ppl changing political affiliations? That on top of the protests...Coumo has been told he needs to adjust or have a perception that he is willing to...before the courts pop his bubble for all to see...Nothing more than Democratic fire breaking.

• Like 1

Today I heard him quoted saying he may consider a reversal on the 10 round mag but would not budge on the "only 7 rounds in a mag" part.

Right ...He was pretty stern on the 7 round issue a couple weeks ago. I don't see that going away without a court battle. The most sickening part of this whole law is that the little rat did it for political gain. He didn't do it to "save the children" he didn't do it to stop inner city gun violence. If that were the case he would have done it a long time ago. He used the school shooting and exploited the poor victims in order to call attention to himself, and to get his name out there. He wanted to be first. Little piece of crap.

One must wonder how he came up with the number seven; what did he find wrong with the old 10 rd. limit? Was he aiming to reduce new gun purchases...to stifle or drive certain pistol manufacturers out of the state?...or did he just pull the number seven out of his hat? Does he really think that real criminals will adhere to this or any limit on rds. in a magazine? This guy is really a "chip off the old block", isn't he?

I've heard some folks say that all this rallying and letter writing won't do anything, that it will ultimately be decided in the courts.  Regardless, I won't let up.  Partially because of the subject of this thread, they're hearing us at least a little. Partially because I'm stubborn.

I hope that you are all registered to vote and checking that your friends, gun club members, etc. are as well.

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

everyone is missing the point that this whole dog and pony show had nothing to do with gun safety in NY. It was done so the Cuomo can create a campaign resume to cater to his liberal uninformed national voting base when he runs for president in 2016. Everything that he does is to build his resume. We are all being used as pawns to his benefit, even though that his policies and laws are a complete trainwreck. Some of the stuff sounds good, but behind the scenes they are a total disaster - the NY education system for example. He is destroying the public education system, but will boast during his presidential campaign that he raised standards while implementing a cap on a school's ability to raise property taxes. Meanwhile he did nothing to reform teacher pensions and entitlements (a major growing expense for school districts), and the schools are literally facing insolvency.

not sure how this state works in revising laws, if the senate or assembly reopens a law and makes revision, if the revisions get voted down, does the original law still stand? do the parts being revised still stand? do both full houses and the gov. have to vote on it or do commities vote on it? just curious, if anyone knows.

The whole law isn't a joke, I very much agree with the penalties for shooting first responders, That being Firemen and Ems crews, only,

There are parts of the law that I could live with, and even support. Tightening up penalties for crimes involving guns and gun laws is something that we have all been calling for for years ...... More effort spent on enforcing the laws that we've got rather than conjuring up new harrassments for law-abiding people. The only problem is that no one ever does the full term. Between plea bargaining and parole actions, tightening sentencing is only window-dressing. There are some parts of the mental health part of this law that with a little polishing might actually be beneficial.

The rest of it is simply some more harrassment tactics designed to shut down the private ownership of firearms. Whatever good that might come out of this law is buried by the intentional harm that it all does to the people's constitutional rights as guaranteed in the 2nd Amendment.

it doesn't change anything other than still allowing us to buy firearms with 10 round mags. If you're caught with 10 loaded you're still in trouble (if the officer enforces it).

I think it sucks, but is still better than buying a glock 19 and not being able to buy a mag at all.

This is more ridiculous than the original bill itself. Cuomo is basically admitting that this was hastily rammed though and poorly constructed. So now you can still buy a 10 round mag, but once again you can only load 7 rounds. I am sure that the people choosing to break the law that says you CANNOT MURDER SOMENONE will choose to follow this law as they commit their other crimes. Are they insane?????? Are the liberals that out of touch with the way that the real world works? They really think that the murderer will only load 7 rounds? Once again, this is a feel good mindless piece of legislation that only makes criminals out of the law abiding gun owners (you know - the ones that don't murder people).