What is wrong with this country?

There can only be one true answer to my question and that would be GREED. It controls everything we buy  or do, right down to the price we pay for our bread and milk. Congress is controlled by lobbyist who are controlled by greed. Wall street is controlled by greed. The price of gas is controlled by greed by oil co. and investors. Everyone wants more and more. Money, money is power and power is what they want. Look at the big banks and investment firms. Look back to four years ago to what happened and the banks and investment firms are at it agrain.It is like a snowball that starts at the top and rolls down hill getting bigger and faster as it goes until it hits a wall and that is going to happen,that you can bet on. There are people who give millions or more to get the people they want in control, so they can make more money, because we all know money is power. History repeats it self. Just look back to the late 1920's into the 30's and read up on how that started back then. We may not see it ,but our grandchildren will and it will happen if we don't put a stop to it. The sad part about it is some of us  are letting it happen, because we are a part of the problem. Wake up people, we need to act now.

i have to disagree. this is a capitalist society, and i wouldnt want it any other way. i dont work for free, but here is the twist, i dont expect anyone else to. this is where the liberal 'low information voters' are ignorant. lets look at a gallon of gas. yes it way to high at $4gal but how does that break down..... the gov. gets a quarter of that for having nothing to do with the drilling, refining, distribution, and sale. they get it just because. gas would be $3gal or less with out the tax, but its easier to blame exxon/mobile. i believe the saying goes 'to everyone they're ability to each they're need', that is the road to a gov, controlled society better known as communism. if someone builds a better mouse trap, and its craved by individuals then they should get paid for it. if the maker of the mouse trap needs capital to build the mouse trap the investors should be paid as well. now im not saying there isnt corruption, but it;s the ignorance of the public that points the blame in the wrong direction.

• Like 1

You have too many bleeding hearts & Billionaires that want to push ideas on everyone else. Everyone calls the Constitution and Bill of Rights a living document. What I mean by that is the 1st amendment gives of free speech, which now covers stuff that was not around when it was written like telephones, emails. But then at the same time, they want to say the 2nd Amendment only applies to flint lock guns. If they are a living document like they says, then it should apply to all amendments not just the ones that fit there cause.

i have to disagree. this is a capitalist society, and i wouldnt want it any other way. i dont work for free, but here is the twist, i dont expect anyone else to. this is where the liberal 'low information voters' are ignorant. lets look at a gallon of gas. yes it way to high at $4gal but how does that break down..... the gov. gets a quarter of that for having nothing to do with the drilling, refining, distribution, and sale. they get it just because. gas would be $3gal or less with out the tax, but its easier to blame exxon/mobile. i believe the saying goes 'to everyone they're ability to each they're need', that is the road to a gov, controlled society better known as communism. if someone builds a better mouse trap, and its craved by individuals then they should get paid for it. if the maker of the mouse trap needs capital to build the mouse trap the investors should be paid as well. now im not saying there isnt corruption, but it;s the ignorance of the public that points the blame in the wrong direction.

This is right on the money.. exxon mobile makes less than 8% profit on each gallon of gasoline and they are considered evil... yet the government takes 25% of each gallon and nobody bats an eye... the oil companies have the lowest margins of profit of all types of business and make their profits totally on volume.. and us, the people make up that volume without being coaxed or coerced in anyway by the oil companies... the people however do subsidize the oil companies...that money is primariy used for research to find new oil reserves buried under the earth... billions of dollars to find drill site that may or may not produce oil... finding oil is sometimes a crapshoot no matter how much research is done... the taxpayers and the oil companies bear all the risk of finding oil that makes its way to your gas pumps... yet our government finds it necessary to take a quarter of what doesn't belong to them... and maybe send it to our good friends in Pakistan or Egypt.

There is no "one word" that identifies "what is wrong with this country". There are a whole network of problems that have evolved over time to create where we are today. We are always looking for the easy answers, but they are never easy.

There can only be one true answer to my question and that would be GREED. It controls everything we buy  or do, right down to the price we pay for our bread and milk. Congress is controlled by lobbyist who are controlled by greed. Wall street is controlled by greed. The price of gas is controlled by greed by oil co. and investors. Everyone wants more and more. Money, money is power and power is what they want. Look at the big banks and investment firms. Look back to four years ago to what happened and the banks and investment firms are at it agrain.It is like a snowball that starts at the top and rolls down hill getting bigger and faster as it goes until it hits a wall and that is going to happen,that you can bet on. There are people who give millions or more to get the people they want in control, so they can make more money, because we all know money is power. History repeats it self. Just look back to the late 1920's into the 30's and read up on how that started back then. We may not see it ,but our grandchildren will and it will happen if we don't put a stop to it. The sad part about it is some of us  are letting it happen, because we are a part of the problem. Wake up people, we need to act now.

You forgot about Nicolas Tesla, from Long Island. He invented the wireless technology we use today 100 years ago or whatever it was. Problem was, he invented it to produce FREE energy. The capitalists didn't like that too much and did a number on him... Look it up...

Edited by mike rossi