Damned Panic Button!!!

Cabin Fever

Got up a little late this morning and raced to the cabin to be there by first light to listen for turkeys! Didn't even take time to stop for coffee just so I could be there at 5:30am! I pulled up to the gate at 5:33 and wished I had been there ~10 minutes sooner! I didn't want to risk driving all the way out to the cabin, as the turkeys tend to roost within ~150 yards behind the cabin, so I parked down the lane ~100 yards away. As soon as I opened the door, I heard a gobble coming from behind the cabin, right in their usual roosting spot! I very quietly got out of the car, closed the door as gently as possible, and slipped the keys into my pocket..... BEEP-BEEP-BEEP-BEEP-BEEP!!! OMG!!! I must have inadvertently hit the %@!^% panic button!!!! I was so pissed!!! It was silent for a couple of minutes, but he did gobble 5 times until 5:45am. I also heard 3-4 hens back there with him.

That damned panic button on the key fob gets me a lot!! NEVER fails during bowseason either, when I have my keys in my pants pocket (UNDER my bibs), and I bend over to put my boots on or something, as something presses against that panic button, and it lights up the whole woods... BEEP-BEEP-BEEP!! God I HATE that thing!!!! I keep threatening to glue it or something to disable it!!

I can't be the ONLY one!?!?!? LOL

The fob on my last car had a panic button on the back of it, i was always hitting it by accident. Super glue fixed that problem.

On my truck, the remote start button gets me quite a bit. Last weekend I was planting a tree in the yard when my truck fired up. In a panic I ran down the hill as I thought someone was stealing my truck, when I realized i had accidentally set the remote start off with the fob in my pocket lol.

• Like 1

On my truck, the remote start button gets me quite a bit. Last weekend I was planting a tree in the yard when my truck fired up. In a panic I ran down the hill as I thought someone was stealing my truck, when I realized i had accidentally set the remote start off with the fob in my pocket lol.

LOL! I can just see that!!

I live in town and sometimes leave for work ~3am. On several occasions, I've had my keys in my pocket, bent over to tie my shoes, then BEEP-BEEP-BEEP!!! Never good, especially at 3am!! The neighbors must wonder what the hell I'm doing!  :biggrin:  It's quite a joke around my house though!

• Like 1

That is funny cabin fever!  As a general rule I never bring my keys in the woods with me.  Try a belt clip, it will save your batteries and remote life.  I like to bring a spare set with me with no remote due to...  Issues...  LOL  Keep your keys in a vest or jacket pocket(anyplace loose) will work too.

I was up on the "Hill"(Metcalf Mt.) hunting and around lunch time I could hear my buddies truck alarm going off due to someone leaving their lunch in the truck...  Funny thing is I was just thinking how beautiful and quiet the Dacks are when this happened, lol and they wonder why I go in so deep...  I think that was in 1995-96.  That night I remember coming out in the dark about a mile away from the truck in a big swampy field with the moon light shining the field, I swore every stump was a monster buck bedded down...  So much for that fantasy.  Three separate signal locating shots were made to have my buddies locate me, this was before GPS but luckily radio's were in use.  They swore I was on the other side of the mountain with my signals but I assured them I was not.  Fifteen minutes later I saw them pull up on the opposite side of the field and made my way out of the woods. 

I stopped putting my keys in my front pockets and use a jacket pocket or the belt clip in the summer due to that dang panic button.  Funny story Cabin, good luck this year hope you nail a nice turkey!!!  Still laughing... Man that is just tooooo funny!

Thanks for sharing!!!

we did both of those lol.went to a resturant and was sitting down to eat and heard a racket outside and looked it was out truck going off lol. then another time we were out to eat we were leaving the resturant and the truck was running  and the keys were in his front pocket . not sure how long the truck was running lol