Killed one..

wooly

I still have a ton of pics to load, but I'll get the field photo out of the way for starters! The rest of the day was interesting to say the least, so stay tuned.
Had one gobbling across the field first thing this morning. I knew as soon as I hit my call he was gonna shut right up like he had so many times already. I let him go off on his own for an hour before I couldn't resist any longer. After my first series, he never gobbled again.

I sat tight for another hour when I heard some gobbling behind me from the other direction. What the heck, I aint got nothing to lose, so I called like a lunatic turkey on crack corn! To my surprise he fired right back at me and I worked him for another 15 minutes. Suddenly all went silent but he had to be so close... but where? Off to my right an alarming gobble shocked me to attention! Two jakes snuck in on me at 40yds so I took aim and flopped one! He thrashed around for a bit and got back on his feet and started walking again. I dug through my pockets to find another shell and let him have it again! I haven't put much effort into turkey the last few years so I'm coming off a 5yr drought.....and then comes the rest of the story and pics of another wild encounter I'll post later!

_CSC0921_filtered_zps2ad02cac.jpg

• Like 7

Thanks guys! I'm not sure what happened on the first shot. I'm just not a very good turkey hunter to begin with, so it was probably shooter error caught up in the excitement.

Elmo- I use a wireless remote when I take field photos($6 on ebay). You can see it in my right hand in this pic. It's so much nicer than running back and forth using the timer.

Good deal Wolly! You're rockin' so many different camo patterns there's not an environment you can't blend into haha!!

Thanks again guys! Just got a call from Micheal Waddell, he wants to launch the "Spur Collector" apparel lineup after seeing this pic!

That's what happens when I dress myself in the morning,lol

Thanks again guys! Just got a call from Michael Waddell, he wants to launch the "Spur Collector" apparel lineup after seeing this pic!

That's what happens when I dress myself in the morning,lol

LOL That would be cool! lol lol lol you would be a sight sponsor right?

Congrats on the turkey!!!

could you find me a link for one of those remotes?

could you find me a link for one of those remotes?

Just go to Amazon.com or bhphotovideo.com and search "camera wireless remote".  Most of them are camera specific so you have to know which camera you are planning to use it with.

I had forgotten about them.  I use to use a cheapo wired one instead since my main reason for using them is to shoot ultra long exposures (it eliminates camera shake) and I haven't used it in a very long time.