Score one for the good guys!

Arrow Flinger

I was looking through the ads on Craigslist last week when I came upon an add from someone looking for wild Turkey eggs. The add stated that this person would give you money and come out and remove the eggs from the wild Turkey nest.While sitting there thinking of what kind of Tool would actually do this I remembered the DEC's TIPP hotline. I went on the website and e mailed them the listing, not really thinking they would do much about it. Imagine my surprise when I got this e mail back from them today:

Mr. Phillips,

Thank you for your complaint information ref. the subject attempting to purchase turkey eggs via Craigslist. The add has been removed and the subject was also found to be in possession of illegally possessed wild turkeys.

Thanks again,

ECO P.S. Sherman
New York State Environmental Conservation Police
615 Erie Blvd. W.
Syracuse, NY 13204
(315) 426-7431

• Like 8

Good call ! Im having all kinds of thoughts on other ways this could have been handled. .....Agree to meet the guy and then throw him a "blanket party" ....Make him walk to a remote location to pick up the eggs, wait til he walks out of sight and  deflate his tires.....meet him and just punch the s--t out of him.... But you made the right call..Good job.

Good call ! Im having all kinds of thoughts on other ways this could have been handled. .....Agree to meet the guy and then throw him a "blanket party" ....Make him walk to a remote location to pick up the eggs, wait til he walks out of sight and  deflate his tires.....meet him and just punch the s--t out of him.... But you made the right call..Good job.

Believe me, thoughts like that did cross my mind. This was one time where letting the law handle it actually worked out!

It's good to know that there are people that still believe in giving the DEC a helping hand and seeing that the game-crooks get what's coming to them. Congratulations on a job well done. I wish it happened more often.