You may be right, I may be crazy

chiefbkt

Does anybody else's wife/girlfriend/lover think they are crazy about deer hunting?  My wife heard me and a couple buddies talking about hunting this fall and what we were doing to get ready.  She heard us talking about food plots, stand locations, how many does to shoot, what our expectations were, and so on.  After we got home she looked at me and said you're absolutely crazy about deer.  You are constantly checking your cameras, looking at deer on the computer, checking out that forum, looking at Cabelas, BPS, and other hunting supply stores.  You shoot your bow all the time, you are just nuts.  I just laughed a little and said yup, and you married me.  If she only knew...

• Like 2

That's the same way with me, except it was paintball, then car repair, and tools, then fishing, now hunting, then there's the computers, and also aquariums... Lets just say I have/had a lot of hobbies. Girls are much simpler, just shoes and purses.

Mr B warns the guys not to mention hunting to me...they'll never get away...lol

The last purse I owned was when I was 20-yrs old.-..it was stolen with the only picture of my diseased mother in it...I've never owned another purse since....shoes are a waste of money...why do ppl drop a bunch of cash...just to get ppl to look at their feet?...and to line someones pockets with money?

Now good work boots..hikers or walkers fine..That is foot maintenance...  but dress shoes that get worn occasionally.....tan...black..navy..grey...that fit  and cheap...is all I care about....

• Like 1

Every one has their obsessions.  I'm lucky enough to have found someone who understands that.  She encourages it actually.  She knows that if I don't have that release, I get cabin fever, get grouchy, and start becoming a jerk.  My obsessions are photography, sports, and hunting.  She has her own obsessions as well and no matter how dumb I think hers are, I let her enjoy hers since she lets me enjoy mine.  She's a huge Tim Burton and Star Trek: Next Generation fan.  I just paid $220 so she can meet Patrick Stewart this weekend.

By the way, Sir Patrick Stewart is a super nice guy.

My wife is obsessed with flowers! Really really obsessed! I would bet we have 60 or more varieties around the house. I'm not complaining, they look great. But she thinks I'm nuts...haha. She doesn't know about my knife fetish.

Mr B warns the guys not to mention hunting to me...they'll never get away...lol

The last purse I owned was when I was 20-yrs old.-..it was stolen with the only picture of my diseased mother in it...I've never owned another purse since....shoes are a waste of money...why do ppl drop a bunch of cash...just to get ppl to look at their feet?...and to line someones pockets with money?

Now good work boots..hikers or walkers fine..That is foot maintenance...  but dress shoes that get worn occasionally.....tan...black..navy..grey...that fit  and cheap...is all I care about....

I am with you on the boots, i like them comfy and waterproof. Depending on where or what i am doing if i need clean shoes i will beat the mud off.

I love perfume and purses but have slacked on the purses since getting married

My wife realizes that our normal life goes on hold, when deer season roles around. It has taken 33 years, but shes finally realized it, LOL.

My wife,  at the tiome she was my fiance and I were planning our wedding for a few nights in a row and we were making alot of progress ..... key word is WERE... opening day came and I was nowhere to be found. she realized then that hunting and especially opening day was WAYYYY more important then our wedding. 2 years later she realizes how bad my obsession is and during the off months its all about fishing fishing and more fishing. Now that I have a kid I had to turn it down a little and be a positive influence to my son who BTW is almost 16 months old and goes nuts every time he spots a deer outside or throws a temper tantrum when we leave the taxidermy section at the local sport shop or gander mountain. he LOVES the taxidermy. thats step 1 in my plan step 2 learning to shoot is way down the road. from now.

Does anybody else's wife/girlfriend/lover think they are crazy about deer hunting?  My wife heard me and a couple buddies talking about hunting this fall and what we were doing to get ready.  She heard us talking about food plots, stand locations, how many does to shoot, what our expectations were, and so on.  After we got home she looked at me and said you're absolutely crazy about deer.  You are constantly checking your cameras, looking at deer on the computer, checking out that forum, looking at Cabelas, BPS, and other hunting supply stores.  You shoot your bow all the time, you are just nuts.  I just laughed a little and said yup, and you married me.  If she only knew...

Not Applicable (YET) I know my sister thinks im crazy tho... lol tells her friends that too...

Sounds like me... :)

Every one has their obsessions.  I'm lucky enough to have found someone who understands that.  She encourages it actually.  She knows that if I don't have that release, I get cabin fever, get grouchy, and start becoming a jerk.  My obsessions are photography, sports, and hunting.  She has her own obsessions as well and no matter how dumb I think hers are, I let her enjoy hers since she lets me enjoy mine.  She's a huge Tim Burton and Star Trek: Next Generation fan.  I just paid $220 so she can meet Patrick Stewart this weekend.

Yeah he is, met him while I was working. Friendly fella.

That is cool.

Congrats Eddie