First Bow kill

outdoorsman

My first buck!! Heres the story. He came up swiftly from the brush just before 8:00 Am opening morning about twenty yards away.  He stopped 5 yards under my stand and looked up at me. I did not even have time to draw back.  He seen me and looked weary.  He started to back up and slowly turned around.  I was nervous that I was not going to get a shot, but in fortunate luck he decided to circle in front of me broad side.  He was making his way through some brush, then I had a shooting lane and I let him have it! The shot was a ten yard shot and i made it count.  He ran 50 yards through brush and i heard him go down.  I waited about thirty mins and pursued the blood trail.  Once i found him and knew he was dead it was one of the most pinnicle moments in my life!  What a rush.  I now have a deeper respect for life and hunting of whitetail deer. 

post-1696-131455357468_thumb.jpg

Congratulations!! I still remember my first buck which was also my first bow kill. I can remember the excitement and the adrenaline rush with my heart pounding in my ears. I know how you must have felt and the smile on your face in the picture tells the whole story. My first was a nice little 8 point too a bit smaller than yours. He is a great deer! Enjoy and keep up the good work!

Hondo