What is it

Hunter1

Bobcat if it were a ML I would think you would see a lot more of it as it would be not covered by ferns?

Cougars: adults stand about 60 to 90 cm (24 to 35 in) tall at the shoulders.[31] Adult males are around 2.4 m (7.9 ft) long nose-to-tail and females average 2.05 m (6.7 ft), with overall ranges between 1.5 to 2.75 m (4.9 to 9.0 ft) nose to tail

Bobcats: The adult bobcat is 47.5 to 125 cm (18.7 to 49 in) long from the head to the base of the tail, averaging 82.7 cm (32.6 in); the stubby tail adds 9 to 20 cm (3.5 to 7.9 in)

An adult stands about 30 to 60 cm (12 to 24 in) at the shoulders

• Like 1

First-light, on 22 Aug 2013 - 05:33 AM, said:

Here is a picture of another Bobcat placed in the original photo. Although the color is different, look at the shoulders and tail. Clearly looks to be a Bobcat.

I'm not sure if the pic with the bobcat added is helping or hurting the case! Depends what team you're on I guess! LOL Sometimes when I look at it, I can see similarities, but other times when I look at it, I think they're clearly different! Hang a deer carcass out there and yell, "Here kitty, kitty", and see what comes running?? :biggrin:

I dunno.................. 

Is there seriously a debate about this? It's a bobcat. Even a young Mt. Lion would be much bigger. That's probably an approx 25lb. Bobcat.

Here's some size reference for you. This is a 42lb Tom Bobcat (huge for a bobcat) and a 120lb. Tom Mt. Lion (average size for an adult male).

post-871-0-75855100-1377191355_thumb.jpg

post-871-0-60350500-1377191359_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...