And even more thieves

Doc

Well, I have heard of people stealing treestands, trail cams, and all kinds of things, but today I encountered a sign thief. I put one of those "Repeal The Safe Act" signs out by the road. It lasted 3 days, and then I guess somebody felt that they needed it more than I do. It's gone. Living completely cut off from the highway has a lot of advantages, but security for items placed along the roadside isn't one o them.

Did Cuomo go by your place on the way back to Albany. Maybe he lifted it for a keep sake back at the cap., for a reminder when he losses the race for governor.

Picked one up at the conservation building at the Erie County Fair Saturday. Scope was handing them out as people were walking around with them displaying  quite nicely. Now they need to come out with hats and bumper stickers.

• Like 1

We've got these signs all up and down the valley, and so far I haven't seen any of them disappear except mine. The one big difference is that You can't see the house from the road (1000' of woods between me and the highway), so everyone knows that there pretty much is no way to get caught taking it. My guess is that it was just kids driving by looking for someone to mess with. Wife warned me .... lol.

• 2 weeks later...

It occurred to me that perhaps my post might convince people not to buy and display these signs. That is not my intention. In fact I want to point out that more and more of these signs are popping up everywhere and it has become a very visible protest that is showing the widespread support for repealing that so-called "Safe Act". Understand that we are a fairly constant target of vandalism, and as far as I know nobody else has had a problem with such thefts. I have seen these signs go up all up and down the road without ever being disturbed at all. I have a unique situation where I am 1000' off the road, and totally cut off from view by  the woods. That makes me an inviting target for any kind of vandalism down by the road.

So, I guess what I'm saying is do not let this one isolated incident deter any of you from getting one of these signs from Scope. I encourage you all to do so. They cost $20, and I didn't see anything that indicated that you had to be a member to buy them. It's a great way of making a public statement on an important issue. Just access the Scope website for details on how to purchase them.

It occurred to me that perhaps my post might convince people not to buy and display these signs. That is not my intention. In fact I want to point out that more and more of these signs are popping up everywhere and it has become a very visible protest that is showing the widespread support for repealing that so-called "Safe Act". Understand that we are a fairly constant target of vandalism, and as far as I know nobody else has had a problem with such thefts. I have seen these signs go up all up and down the road without ever being disturbed at all. I have a unique situation where I am 1000' off the road, and totally cut off from view by  the woods. That makes me an inviting target for any kind of vandalism down by the road.

So, I guess what I'm saying is do not let this one isolated incident deter any of you from getting one of these signs from Scope. I encourage you all to do so. They cost $20, and I didn't see anything that indicated that you had to be a member to buy them. It's a great way of making a public statement on an important issue. Just access the Scope website for details on how to purchase them.

$20, that a good donation if you have more than one thank you

• 4 weeks later...

Could have been anyone I guess. Anyone from a little kid to an anti to some scummy little dude with a history of run ins wit the police. Either way it sucks.

Or it could have just been the scummy little dude that happens to be a police.

http://gunssavelives.net/blog/police-confiscate-ny-residents-pro-gun-sign-from-his-lawn/

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems