People like this irritate me...

ghug92

How about the people that put out corn all year long too feed the deer and turkeys just so they can se them from there windows in there house,They have been told it has no nutritional value to the deer but it is cheap and they still do it.I wonder how many of them are putting it out in the woods during hunting season.

How about the people that put out corn all year long too feed the deer and turkeys just so they can se them from there windows in there house,They have been told it has no nutritional value to the deer but it is cheap and they still do it.I wonder how many of them are putting it out in the woods during hunting season.

how about doing that is illegal no matter what time of year it is?

All I have to say is that all these hunting videos that put the loud music in the suck donkey crank!!!! I dont mind a little bit but man I go to the woods(and used to like the older vids that have a little music or no music) because it was real,you heard the woods noises and that was what you needed to hear.I like hard rock music to and am one of those dorks that you see blasting my music in my truck but leave it there.Thats the major reason I quit watching hunting shows because they try to hollywood it all up.Screw those shows!!!

This video is fairly typical and representative of today's hunters: They put out trail cams to spy on deer...plant food plots to lure them in...hang or erect treestands overlooking the food plots...buy hunting rigs, bows or guns, that cost hundreds of dollars...and then seek to film their whole "hunt". Now....are they really hunters?....Hell, no! (Bunch of pussies, Maybe!)

With modern day deer hunting, the "product" has become far more important than the "process". Scoring...using the latest hi-tech equipment...has become more important...far more important...than hunting. What a shame!

Most modern deer hunters make me want to puke! Hell...They want to hang a stand...in a location determined by food plots and trail cam photos...and then ambush a deer....and thereafter brag about it, and what great hunters they are. Again, GAG ME!

This video is fairly typical and representative of today's hunters: They put out trail cams to spy on deer...plant food plots to lure them in...hang or erect treestands overlooking the food plots...buy hunting rigs, bows or guns, that cost hundreds of dollars...and then seek to film their whole "hunt". Now....are they really hunters?....Hell, no! (Bunch of pussies, Maybe!)

With modern day deer hunting, the "product" has become far more important than the "process". Scoring...using the latest hi-tech equipment...has become more important...far more important...than hunting. What a shame!

Most modern deer hunters make me want to puke! Hell...They want to hang a stand...in a location determined by food plots and trail cam photos...and then ambush a deer....and thereafter brag about it, and what great hunters they are. Again, GAG ME!

I'm just happy to get out with the guys on occasion to hunt, and plot a simple strategy to either harvest or help someone else harvest an animal, then sit at the cabin and tell stories of deer hunting from years ago...with the help of an adult beverage or 2...pass the Merlot...and the cheese...

• Like 1

Some people will do just about anything to come off as an awesome "Hunter" . what can ya do?  I know a guy who spent good money to buy 2 sets of  trophy deer racks, and then spend even more money to have them mounted to someone else's capes, and then tell people ( who didn't know any better) that he shot the deer. We are no longer friends. The looser parade never ends....

Unfortunately, what you describd is commonplace. Interestingly, the very best deer hunter I know is my grandson. At age 21, he has killed a bunch of deer, but he would never stoop to using trail cams...food plots...etc., etc. And, to him, every white tail killed is a trophy!

Really?

Sent from Outer Space

e best de

Unfortunately, what you describd is commonplace. Interestingly, the very best deer hunter I know is my grandson. At age 21, he has killed a bunch of deer, but he would never stoop to using trail cams...food plots...etc., etc. And, to him, every white tail killed is a trophy!

Ah yes... the old " Every deer's a trophy" line... that always gets the point across and proves a guy is the best deer hunter...lol

WOW!!! so a cam set up on a trail or food plot is a bad thing. you have time to scout alot must be. I on the other hand work my butt off nonstop, have a family i spend alot of time with, and for that matter my son wouldnt have it any other way. So because my scouting is helped by cams and instead of having to mow 4 acres all the time I decide to plant something to help the deer, by the way I dont hunt over it. dont lump everybody in one category and shoot your mouth off. the cameras help when I cant be up on my land to see what or who is on there. got a pic of a black bear by utica a few weeks ago, hadnt seen one around here before. wouldnt have known it without the cam. if you feel so strongly about technology then get rid of your guns and bow then build your own recurve,arrows, and stone arrowheads then you are justified in bitching about technology

• Like 6

WOW!!! so a cam set up on a trail or food plot is a bad thing. you have time to scout alot must be. I on the other hand work my butt off nonstop, have a family i spend alot of time with, and for that matter my son wouldnt have it any other way. So because my scouting is helped by cams and instead of having to mow 4 acres all the time I decide to plant something to help the deer, by the way I dont hunt over it. dont lump everybody in one category and shoot your mouth off. the cameras help when I cant be up on my land to see what or who is on there. got a pic of a black bear by utica a few weeks ago, hadnt seen one around here before. wouldnt have known it without the cam. if you feel so strongly about technology then get rid of your guns and bow then build your own recurve,arrows, and stone arrowheads then you are justified in bitching about technology

I agree. I wish I could spend more time at my place, but I live 2.5 hrs away and as you and others do have work and family obligations. And to add to what you said, I keep my cam's out year round, and every time I check them its like christmas morning. I love to see what is out there, what made it through the season, whats just passing through.  I love technology, its part of the reason this site, HuntingNY, exists. 

• Like 1

I have hunted with my dad since I was 8. didnt carry a gun till I was 10. that gun was a BB gun until I was old enought o get  my liscence. I pushed the bush for rabbits and pheasants and hauled out the harvest in the back pouch of my vest. that was my job. I learned alot in those years and then graduated to turkey and deer hunting . I put my time in in the woods being shown the tracks rubs beds trails and everything else that goes with deer hunting.  I wont be lumped into a large group just because I use trail cams. when I retire in 30 years and if we are allowed to hunt, then maybe I can bitch about the kids these days and using technology because I will have 24 hours in a day to worry about what has to be done andnot about work, family, and everything else

• Like 2

The guy in the video states multiple times in the comments below that he is not baiting but "using" acorns. I have never seen a deer go to one little spot like that, besides acorns do not fall like that naturally. What do you guys think?

I think I never knew acorns fell from maple and ash trees!  I kept looking at the video pausing etc and still cant find an oak tree in it.  Maybe Im just blind or stupid and acorns do fall from ash and maple.

I have to admit that I believe that there are some excesses of technology, but I do use trail cams and other forms of technologically advanced weaponry. But I do understand the thoughts that say we are taking hunting farther and farther away from our own hands and skills and making our hunting results more of a reflection of the skills of some engineer in a cubicle some where. I also recognize that there is such a thing as going too far with it all. Where the line is drawn is a personal decision but I do hope it is something that everyone thinks of once in awhile. Otherwise we will have things like the internet hunting that tried to become established a bunch of years ago.