Trio of fully mature NY bucks...

WNY Bowhunter

the pictures of those bucks dosent seem odd to anyone?  do you really believe 1 piece of land can grow that many deer that size here in new york. and the picture  of the mature buck and yearling buck are father and son. 

Not at all. Agricultural farm land has great potiential for raising deer of this caliper. Don't  discount NY.  just because the TV shows totally  ignor us.. Pick yourself up a copy of the 2013 New York Big Buck Club book and take a gander inside to amaze yourself!

the pictures of those bucks dosent seem odd to anyone? do you really believe 1 piece of land can grow that many deer that size here in new york. and the picture of the mature buck and yearling buck are father and son.

There are a lot of properties especially in western NY and Southern Tier that can grow deer like that. Last year when the property I can hunt had soybeans it was not uncommon to see between 10 and 13 bucks in the field at one time. 4 of them were 120+ caliber bucks

the pictures of those bucks dosent seem odd to anyone?  do you really believe 1 piece of land can grow that many deer that size here in new york. and the picture  of the mature buck and yearling buck are father and son. 

Did he even say it was from One farm?  Did I miss it somewhere???  

There are a lot of properties especially in western NY and Southern Tier that can grow deer like that. Last year when the property I can hunt had soybeans it was not uncommon to see between 10 and 13 bucks in the field at one time. 4 of them were 120+ caliber bucks

Do soy beans have a better draw compared to corn?

There are some banner properties here in NY as there are duds in Iowa. Basically the larger the tract of undisturbed land that offers bucks everything the higher your odds. You can manage the hell out of 500 acres and never hold one of those or own the right 50 and have one every couple of years. There is nothing fair in deer hunting and although i am a die hard manager- and invest thousands and more hours than I would want to know.... mature bucks are where they are taken care of without input and left alone.... which almost never pairs itself with a hunting property in the north east.

Deer #2 and #3 are from the same property, but the first one is from somewhere else...

The feed and genetics is here, Southerntier/western NY.   Living to the age  is what most buck in NY don't get.  For the most part, the mindset isn't there among hunters.  A lot talk the talk, but won't pass up a 120-130  3 1/2 old buck.  Besides, if you do, a good chance some further down the line will take it.

One reason why I love hunting the Adirondacks Primitive areas  Public land with a very real opportunity to put the sights on a 5 1/2-6 1/2.  They're there, just a matter of being in the right place at the right time.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...