Best replacement strings and cables

rdfenn3

Just to add, I had my Bowtech re-strung last winter by a great guy about 30 miles south of me.  After much shooting the peep and string loop (both are in time with each other) are off by 90 degrees.  I took it to a shop close to my home as I was short for time and he gave it a quick tweak but it still isn't like I want it.  Without my own bow press or a couple hours of driving I'll have to live with it for now.

If the guy I had do the work in the first place was local it'd be much easier.  YMMV............................

Lawwaz I know what you mean I drive an hour passing a number of shops to go to the bow shop I trust I will not just let anyone touch my bow I have close to $1000.00 into it & It still kills me I spent that much

I have no plans on buying a new one for a very long time

hope yours is just string stretch or improper peep intsall

have heard a few guys with issues here ended up being poor string making

Lawwaz I know what you mean I drive an hour passing a number of shops to go to the bow shop I trust I will not just let anyone touch my bow I have close to $1000.00 into it & It still kills me I spent that much

I have no plans on buying a new one for a very long time

hope yours is just string stretch or improper peep intsall

have heard a few guys with issues here ended up being poor string making

The guy I used was highly recommended by a friend who is a rep for a big, well respected bow company.  He said so & so is the BEST!

Oh well................

I been reading up on tuning and what not. I think I'm gonna replace mine when the time comes. My buddy said he would go in on a press and vice setup. I have a iceman and the bottom cam really eats up the string. I got it used from my dad and he had it two years and had new string put on at the end of each season. A pro shop in my area said 125 to replace it

I been reading up on tuning and what not. I think I'm gonna replace mine when the time comes. My buddy said he would go in on a press and vice setup. I have a iceman and the bottom cam really eats up the string. I got it used from my dad and he had it two years and had new string put on at the end of each season. A pro shop in my area said 125 to replace it

In NY state I would contact Matt at www.wildehillarchery.com 

Highly recommend. He will steer you the right direction. Personally I would not go with any of the big name string makers, they all seem to stretch, to many custom builders out there that build top shelf string sets, For a similar price. Breathn,Strict 9, 60X, to name a few.

You could contact Mike at Belmont Archery at 585-973 -7312 it is a bit of a drive to his shop in Frienship NY he stocks a lot of strings and does excellent work. If he doesn't have it in stock he probably can order it. He has always treated me great!  Good Luck

Edited by F-150

Brad at 60x hands down. I had 60x strings put on my 2012 Dead Eye back in December. I have shot several thousand arrows since then and have had no problems with peep twist or anything for that matter. I would highly recommend him. My other bow has a Vapor Trail string and it's been fine as well. But the 60x was cheaper.

I put new strings on past summer. I used Americas Best and have no complaints. Been shooting all summer and fall and no stretch or twist. I have not tried the others so can only say how mine is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I'm happy with my America's best also,  only been on for the summer, but no complaints