I need a break...

growalot

This weather pattern has to change....I'm not a heavy wind hunter...I do...but I really don't like it....but a south wind is just a stand /open blind killer for me here....a enclosed blind I can get away with......the winds are suppose to drop some tomorrow but then 80%chance of rain.... and that is suppose to be around for 4 days at least.......Oh well it's given me a chance to open up a few more trails to stands I haven't used due to the noise factor...and will give me time to re open a few others...the leaves are falling fast now

Here is a stupid question . Well not so stupid because I'm looking for an answer. When I hear a west wind,  is the wind going west or coming from the west? On the local weather they say the wind is west at x mph. Actually ,the wind is going east at x mph , Did I just answer my own question?

I was wondering the same thing but didn't want to be the one to ask LOL. I read south wind and i'm scratching my head thinking "It sure as hell looks like a norht wind to me" haha. 

OK ......so you go to the weather station...I use weather underground...it shows that we are suppose to be having a 12mph west...that's how it's written...as I sit here the winds are blowing from the west north west 13mph ..gusting 17mph....causing the leafs  on the trees to fly past the window headed east south east... ;)

Edited by growalot

Winds were stiff and gusty last evening, then dropped off just before closing.SW to SE to North. Doe poured onto the field with several bucks, one shooter. Their I sat, after hours being teased watching sparing go on for several minutes before winner buck breeds a doe. Did manage to snap some low light pics but not of the breeding. The third pic is 3 sparing at once.

post-888-0-53169800-1382462575_thumb.jpg

post-888-0-75276200-1382462620_thumb.jpg

post-888-0-97124800-1382462674_thumb.jpg

post-888-0-30483900-1382462795_thumb.jpg

Edited by landtracdeerhunter
  • Like 1

OK ......so you go to the weather station...I use weather underground...it shows that we are suppose to be having a 12mph west...that's how it's written...as I sit here the winds are blowing from the west north west 13mph ..gusting 17mph....causing the leafs  on the trees to fly past the window headed east south east... ;)

I use a $100 weather station right at the house. Far more accurate.