Trespassers

ItalianHunter5

I like that idea Larry haha. Realistically, I hope they come to their senses (which just by looking at them I don't think they will) and stop. If they don't, just stay away from my father's and my spots! Something tells me this guy would give a lot of trouble...and hopefully doesn't walk around with a machete while hunting. If I spot that thing, I'll be out of there rather quickly!

If the property owner is saying nobody but you should be back there ask her what she wants to do. See if she'll allow you to be the "manager" of the property and police it. Any trespassers you find, call the cops immediately. You got good pictures of them, the cops might even know who they are.

• 2 weeks later...

I came across some fresh tracks the other day and started jogging to see if I could catch up to them. They crossed right where I had been sitting for three hrs and right back off the property. If I had just sat still for a half hr more they would have walked right up to me. then they would have been in a world of hurt. Land owner isnt playing anymore. he said as soon as you see them get a back tag number and call the police. I put up extra signs for the guy this summer and they walked right through where either shoulder could have touched one.

I came across some fresh tracks the other day and started jogging to see if I could catch up to them. They crossed right where I had been sitting for three hrs and right back off the property. If I had just sat still for a half hr more they would have walked right up to me. then they would have been in a world of hurt. Land owner isnt playing anymore. he said as soon as you see them get a back tag number and call the police. I put up extra signs for the guy this summer and they walked right through where either shoulder could have touched one.

Ummm most trespassers don't wear a back tag...

I am honestly not comfortable at all, these guys were walking around right before gun season. Coincidence or scouting? They must have been scouting and i'm not comfortable on the property with random guys hunting with guns around us, and as much as I hate to judge people, these guys just look like trouble to me.

You don't want to be around other hunters with guns?

I know one trespasser that is going to be pretty upset when he shows up at his missing climber. My neighbor to the north called me today asking if I had a stand on his land, and I told him no. He was not happy about it because he only owns 20 acres and has it well posted. He is not bad to get along with at all. He just wants his land for himself and his two daughters.

He wanted to try and catch the guy, but I told him to just take the climber and leave a note to come see him. I said you probably gained a nice Summit treestand.

I told him there was a 10 point that probably came out in the field before dark one night and that is where the trespasser came from because there has been no hunters but a couple of us since openning weekend.

In the northern zone we do not have to wear back tags so people can see who I am through their scope. And it seems we have less trespasser problems. Maybe there is a correlation

The correlation is probably the hunter to land ratio. More state land, less development and less people. Down south good land is hard to come by.

trespassers are like the common cold.many remedies,they go away for awhile but always seem to be a nuisance.our camp land borders state land so we get our share and now we have atvs tearing our place up .we live 2 hours away and they know it.sorry this is just a sore subject with me.like rodney says no respect

• Like 2

trespassers are like the common cold.many remedies,they go away for awhile but always seem to be a nuisance.our camp land borders state land so we get our share and now we have atvs tearing our place up .we live 2 hours away and they know it.sorry this is just a sore subject with me.like rodney says no respect

The key is to make it as unpleasent as possible for them to ride on your land. I felled trees at the major access points of the trails where getting around is almost impossible. Then I roped off the rest and put posted signs on it. If they cut it I tie up a new one. I have several broken game cams up about ten feet off the ground.They are quite noticeable from the trails and they seem to scare off alot of people from the amount of tracks I see coming to them then leaving. After about a yr they just stopped trying to cross the property. All the other propertys around still allow 4wheelers and it has paid off big this yr to have none. I have 3 mature bucks ( one I shot ) that have taken up residence on the property and I have 15 other smaller bucks  that I have gotten on cams also.

Edited by erussell

Growalot, talked to owner after evidence was found. She said she's coming to the area soon (she lives a bit downstate) to re-post the property. I also told her about the tree stands set up, she said if they are still on the property she will have them taken down. Weirdly, I've hunted the property 8 days this year, haven't seen a single deer. Rather odd for my area but everyone i'm talking to is saying the same thing for some reason.

I'm fairly confident you'll as many in the trespassing community who are local residents who know when land owners are not around as you will in the community of hunters who are non locals who trespass..........it doesn't matter where they are from or what zone they hunt.

I do not lock my camp ever. I have not had anything stolen. We in the north do not call others names when they say they would do thinngs ethically and legally. I do not have to wear a Halloween pumpkin costume to have others,not shoot me even on state land. We do not get on websites and gripe hunters are unethical if they come in thr woodd looking for a deer they wounded. We would help them look and drag the deer and be happy they got it not pissed they ruined our day. Want anymore examples

Sent from my LGL35G using Tapatalk 2

• Like 5

Oh and i have never found a carcass in the parking area and i do not feel a sense of entitlement that i have to tell others how many points a buck has to have before they can shoot it but find it great to put a dmp on a button buck and justify it by saying i need it to feed my family but pass on a larger crotch horn with more meat so i can be like some phony on tv

• Like 1

Look at the majority of the posts with the differences un hunting styles and how things are done. It speaks for itself

Too many people here judge based on what a few members who represent <1% of NY hunters say. There's a few threads regarded wounded deer and Shawn assumes the whole state wounds deer. Don't make generalizations based off a few members opinions...

Edited by Belo

Too many people here judge based on what a few members who represent <1% of NY hunters say. There's a few threads regarded wounded deer and Shawn assumes the whole state wounds deer. Don't make generalizations based off a few members opinions...

Not the whole state. Most of the wounded deer threads are from your neck of the woods, must be your influence.

Back on topic please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

? How does this work if one shoot's a deer and call's deer search to help locate the deer is this still tresspassing?If I were to shoot a deer and I didnt have permission to hunt your prop and I came and asked permission to track or recover most you all would prob say no.So when you find a deer dead on your prop u assume someone had been trespassing not allway's the case