Rut Report

wheelieman

Thursday morning  in 7f it was all out. bucks chasing does hard, lone does acting real nervous. I messed up on a nice buck who was coming in to kick a smaller bucks a$$. But I hunted the same area two days in a row after that with not a whole lot of action. I would say get out as much as you can in the next week or so

Edited by ants

Haven't seen any chasing, daytime activity, or bucks showing any interest in does yet in my area of 8F. A few hot scrapes just opened up recently and cam activity has picked up at the scrapes. New blood moving through. Nothing during daylight hours though. The woods have been dead and very discouraging during my hunts... 

I hunt in 9R.  On October 16th I watched 5 bucks chasing a doe all over the place but haven't seen any chasing since then.   It must have just been 1 early doe coming in estrus.  The deer are getting hit left and right on the highway near my house and that's always a sign that the rut is getting into full gear.  I haven't been able to hunt the last few days due to rain, high winds or work but I get to go out everyday this coming week.  I AM PUMPED!!!!     

• Like 1

I was out yesterday and saw 4 different bucks and they all were more interested in eating than they were anything else. The first buck came through at about 4 and grazed right past me, did not care for the doe estrus I had out at all. Walked right by. The other 3 were together right at dark and grazed through the field eating. I tried grunting them closer for a shot and they completely ignored me. This is in 3k.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

9k nothing going on during the day . I have not seen a deer during the daylight since oct 16. I'm on vacation from oct 1 to nov 25 ,i have hunted all but 6 days up to now . This is very depressing, due to the fact that the same 4 bucks are walking by my cameras every night between 8pm and 5am.They look at the camera and stick out their tongue just to taunt me . lets see who gets the last laugh .......................................

8h been out most days,young bucks on the move. No sign of anything else,no chasing,no,grunts,no big guys for the most part.

I'm tired .

Ididnotvote... I've been off most of the last 2 weeks and off till nov. 20th. We seem to be in the same boat, if not woods.

Keep the faith.

Edited by Larry302

Just heating up in my part of 8F. My cameras started picking up new bucks a little over a week ago. Today I had a young buck chasing a doe this morning and then again chasing a different doe this evening along with another young buck checking things out. I had a new 2.5 yr old on camera last night chasing a doe.

live on long island. drove upstate to ulster county over weekend to set up blind for rifle season. counted up and down on thruway from hariman to kingston  and back to hariman a total of 19 road kills. the biggest looked to be at least an 8 pointer. also saw at least a 4 pointer. couple of spikes the rest appeared to be does. when in woods i wasn't making big noise but, really wasn't trying to be quiet i had 2 does run within 30 to 35 yards from me being chased by a 6 pointer... appears the rut is on!!!!

live on long island. drove upstate to ulster county over weekend to set up blind for rifle season. counted up and down on thruway from hariman to kingston  and back to hariman a total of 19 road kills. the biggest looked to be at least an 8 pointer. also saw at least a 4 pointer. couple of spikes the rest appeared to be does. when in woods i wasn't making big noise but, really wasn't trying to be quiet i had 2 does run within 30 to 35 yards from me being chased by a 6 pointer... appears the rut is on!!!!

That must of all happened in the past week.  I drove the same route last weekend, and saw 1 road kill.