got myself a nice 6 pointer

Adkhunter1590

Well I shot a nice little 6 point. He will be mighty tasty! Was after a big 8 but he wanted nothing to do with my grunts or bleats and ran off after does way out in a field. I have been craving some venison and dying to let a arrow fly so when this 6 point came across the field about 150 yards away on a string to my grunts I let him have a rage 3 blade. Was a cool hunt I watched a lot of action. I was on the ground and just decided to walk up to the edge of the field and just lean against a tree and watch till dark if anything came out. Didnt really expect to be cutting up a deer that night lol

post-3252-0-48646600-1383963327_thumb.jp

post-3252-0-92720600-1383963344_thumb.jp

• Like 6

is anyone else here noticing a pattern of deer being taken buy guys standing on the ground next to trees? It seems to have started the first weekend with my brother in law. LOL Adds a new meaning to tree stand hunting. This could start a craze! Think of the benefits of not dangling from tree tops, no big falls to the ground, no weird angles, and the best thing is now we all know that when deer learned to start "looking up" they must have forgot to look straight ahead. LOL

Oh and lest I forget...............nice buck, congrats on a successful kill and recovery. Job well done!

Edited by New York Hillbilly
  • Like 3

From what I've read and been told they are illegal. Your millage may vary depending on who you ask. Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

The are because they have a tendency to not retract and that makes them barbed broad heads. There is no doubt about this. DEC has commented on it and stores even have had signs up.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. I have been sitting in my stand every time I've gone out since opening day and I was just looking to switch it up a bit so I took a little stroll. Ended up working out quite well lol.

I didn't know about the 3 blades being illegal. Type I meant "2 blade" ;). Havent seen any signs in stores either. The ones I have are left overs for a package I got in kansas like 2 years ago.

is anyone else here noticing a pattern of deer being taken buy guys standing on the ground next to trees? It seems to have started the first weekend with my brother in law. LOL Adds a new meaning to tree stand hunting. This could start a craze! Think of the benefits of not dangling from tree tops, no big falls to the ground, no weird angles, and the best thing is now we all know that when deer learned to start "looking up" they must have forgot to look straight ahead. LOL

Oh and lest I forget...............nice buck, congrats on a successful kill and recovery. Job well done!

Thats because everyone's tree stands are being stolen.

Congrats on deer

Great....I have not found anywhere in the book about it nor can I understand how/why they would be illegal....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a thread in here all about the rage 3 blades, and references to DEC as to why they are illegal in NY. Please use accordingly.

Congrats on the deer!

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

Great....I have not found anywhere in the book about it nor can I understand how/why they would be illegal....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

most of the information out there points to them being illegal in NY, due to the fact that the blades don't fold forward when you try to remove them from an animal, thus creating a "barb".........

O I forgot to mention the best part of the hunt. Not only did he come in close. I'm talking 10 yards but when I drew back when he was around 25 yards he walked right at me and stopped at 10 and stared at me for almost 5 mins. I couldn't take a frontal shot I don't believe in shots like that. My arms got so tired I had to let the bow down real slow. He stared at me the entire time. Never ran off or got alarmed. I'm guessing because I was on my knees and the lower half of my body was behind a little knoll and had grass on top the knoll somewhat blocking me and the fact that it was windy and grass was swaying around that he didn't think much of my movement. I was shocked though. After a couple mins of a stare down he turned broadside and I drew back again and made the shot when he put his head down to feed. Never had a deer be so casual while engaged in a stare down like that lol

• Like 1

Nice buck. I love a good ground bow hunt.

I have played with doe during windy days. You can get away with quite a bit of movements if you use the wind to your favor. Just move with the wind and keep your movement slow and methodical.

Thanks Geno. Haha your right man I had no idea about the 3 blades. O well it was my last one anyways. Wasn't a huge fan of them to begin with but hey they were freebies so I figured I'd use them up. Geno when you gonna venture out west and get after a kansas giant? I'm hoping to make a trip out next fall but most likely the year after.