We need a "Whine Forum"

fasteddie

Whine for today ----- A-holes who don't know the proper way to merge into traffic . Traffic coming onto the main highway from an on-ramp are supposed to yield to that traffic . Too many drivers expect the vehicle in the flowing traffic to brake so they can pull in ahead instead of behind .

I'd like to have a Tank that would do 80 mph and take care of some of these comatose drivers ! I can't move over a lane because another car is there so I have to brake but there is no traffic behind me for a 1/2 mile .

Amen to that. My wife yelled at me once for not slowing down for someone who was merging. It was at this point that I re-educated her to the rules of the road. If you merge into me. You're at fault.

• Like 1

I'm sick of having to choose hunting over school, then regretting that decision after not bagging a deer when I do, especially with finals week coming up :x

You can hunt your whole life. Don't choose it over school. I didn't even pick up bow hunting until towards the end of college. I needed to focus on school and knew I had to practice to be a good archer, so school and sports won over. In high school I only gun hunted a few weekends a year. Just no time.

My hard work has paid off and I was able to buy a nice home on some good land and I'm able to walk out my back door. Keep that in mind when you choose hunting over school.

Edited by Belo
  • Like 1

Following up on the dumba$$ drivers, I hate those people who drive on the LIE in the left lane doing 45-50mph and who are oblivious to everyone behind them who have to go around them while people on the middle and right lane are passing them! MOVE OVER!!

My whine is ppl that see merging traffic and can easily pull over in the next lane to keep things flowing and won't...

I move over into the passing lane to let people merge but if there is someone to my left of a car closing up on me in the left lane , I shouldn't have to brake to let some ding dong want to push me over . 

• Like 1

Here's one being curtious enough to hold a door open for someone...next thing you know ppl are acting like it's your job....

I remember when the "Women's Lib " movement started . Some women would give you a dirty look if you held the door for them . They were probably the ones who burned their Bras while they were wearing them ! 

• Like 1

You can hunt your whole life. Don't choose it over school. I didn't even pick up bow hunting until towards the end of college. I needed to focus on school and knew I had to practice to be a good archer, so school and sports won over. In high school I only gun hunted a few weekends a year. Just no time. My hard work has paid off and I was able to buy a nice home on some good land and I'm able to walk out my back door. Keep that in mind when you choose hunting over school.

I agree, I have a great GPA and and on route to fulfill my goals in college/degree plan. Yet this season I definitely spent a little too much time in the woods, taking away too much time for academics. I stopped hunting though this week to focus all my day on doing work.

I'm quite positive the slowest drivers all choose to piss me off by being in the left lane, and the ones who decide to go the limit on the highway love being in the middle even though the right lane is clear... Deep breath... Deep breath.

thats how it was for me trying to get to camp opening day. Had a civil service test in the am so I was in a hurry to get down to camp. I must have pass 20 cars while in the right hand lane. I was not happy

• 2 weeks later...

Tahoe had a flat yesterday morning. Spare tire is under the truck. It is so freaken hard to get the spare out from under the truck. There is a secondary locking system that always gets hung up. Took a good two hours to get it off. The thing rusted up, what a bad system. The spare will now ride in the back of my truck, I'm done with this.......

• Like 2

So, we have three vehicles. A 2009 Ford Escape Hybrid, a 2006 Ford Escape, and a 2006 Dodge Dakota. A couple daily drivers and the truck for hunting, "truck" things, winter driving, etc. Wife drives the hybrid...I drive the other two and decided to go that route instead of buying a new truck and just having the two vehicles. It's worked out great - having the third vehicle is nice. I let a couple family members borrow one when their vehicle went into the shop for maintenance or the step daughter needed it for moving stuff from her dorm room, etc.

I was greeted with a dead battery in the old Escape in my driveway this morning. No biggie, not unexpected given its original equipment. I'll just grab one on my way home from work. Go to truck started her up under my car port/garage and let her warm up. Went back inside for a few minutes, texted the wife about battery and she asks me THE question: "How are you going to get the truck out of the driveway with the Escape behind it?"

D'oh. I have a two-car wide driveway, a two-car garage, with a two-car carport built onto it. I parked the truck under the carport and didn't think twice about pulling up nice and close to it with the Escape - you know so the snow can be cleaned out of the driveway easily. I completely boxed in the truck. Slow clap, irony. Slow clap.

Battery is charging now - she was trying to crank but just couldn't get turned over. Hoping I can at least get her going to swap out the battery tonight.

Edited by phade

Just in case...been there...we always make sure the first vehicle in drive is backed in...makes jumping the cars easier....lol

I was thinking about getting one of those solar trickle chargers....I see ppl use them for their cars...tractors....snowmobiles...RV's  ect....Cheap on sale at Northern Tools

Phade --- Do the trucks use the same sized battery ? Could you have swapped batteries and driven the old Escape while leaving the dead battery at home on charge ?  :crazy:

I wonder if your wife was smirking when she mentioned that you had boxed yourself in .....  :girlcrazy:

I thought that too, but the batteries are shaped/sized different. The escape is more rectangular and the Dakota battery won't fit in the space. I suppose I could have used the Dakota battery to start the Escape to back her out far enough to get the truck out, but by that time I'd be later for work than I wanted to be, driving an hour one way...so I just said screw it and signed onto work from home.

Yeah, she doesn't have many chances to "get" me - she got me on this one. Zing.

Edited by phade

Just in case...been there...we always make sure the first vehicle in drive is backed in...makes jumping the cars easier....lol

I was thinking about getting one of those solar trickle chargers....I see ppl use them for their cars...tractors....snowmobiles...RV's  ect....Cheap on sale at Northern Tools

Yeah I think it was just the temps this a.m. With the slightly warming temps (it was 3 degrees here this a.m.) and the charging, I hope the battery will crank her over to get the grease monkeys at Advanced Auto to throw one in.

Normally the vehicles are spaced out enough but with the snowfall this week I've been parking tight to clear the white stuff out.

So, we have three vehicles. A 2009 Ford Escape Hybrid, a 2006 Ford Escape, and a 2006 Dodge Dakota. A couple daily drivers and the truck for hunting, "truck" things, winter driving, etc. Wife drives the hybrid...I drive the other two and decided to go that route instead of buying a new truck and just having the two vehicles. It's worked out great - having the third vehicle is nice. I let a couple family members borrow one when their vehicle went into the shop for maintenance or the step daughter needed it for moving stuff from her dorm room, etc.

I was greeted with a dead battery in the old Escape in my driveway this morning. No biggie, not unexpected given its original equipment. I'll just grab one on my way home from work. Go to truck started her up under my car port/garage and let her warm up. Went back inside for a few minutes, texted the wife about battery and she asks me THE question: "How are you going to get the truck out of the driveway with the Escape behind it?"

D'oh. I have a two-car wide driveway, a two-car garage, with a two-car carport built onto it. I parked the truck under the carport and didn't think twice about pulling up nice and close to it with the Escape - you know so the snow can be cleaned out of the driveway easily. I completely boxed in the truck. Slow clap, irony. Slow clap.

Battery is charging now - she was trying to crank but just couldn't get turned over. Hoping I can at least get her going to swap out the battery tonight.

we have a similar situation and enjoy all the benefits you mentioned. My only issue is that my car is a rwd v8 with a low ground clearance. I do have winter tires for her that i used for half a winter but right now it sits in the barn with lowprofile summer tires. So if my silverado dies in the winter. I'm screwed. If the car dies in the summer, at least i have the truck.

Sometimes the simplest things can put a drain on a battery . Something plugged into the accessory slot and forgotton about . Years ago , my inlaws had a Pontiac GranPrix . The battery kept discharging and they took it to the dealers several times . The service dept could figure out the problem and the only thing they did was get grease on the seat .

My father in law would plug in a trickle charger every night so it would start in the am . One night he was putting tied up bundles of news papers in the trunk . It was sprinkling so he put the trunk lid down so it didn't latch . He noticed that the trunk light was still on and that the trip switch was adjusted right . Apparently the trunk light was on 24 hours a day and draining the battery . It was a simple fix that was overlooked .