some dumby shot my deer

20ftupatree

Some A hole shot at a life size cement buck I have in front of my house last night. I just got a call from my wife that my 3 year old just came in the house with a really short arrow (crossbow from what I can figure without seeing it) said he found it sticking out of the ground under the deer. Thing is I live in the village on a normal every day city street, so at some point during the night some D!&k shot his x bow at this thing (it is a monster....Picture perfect 12 point racker, BIG body). Never fails there is always some one out there to break rules and endanger lives, good thing he didn't shoot over the top of it he would have launched one right through my neighbors living room window!

Well when I got home that night I checked around the statue for anything else laying around, I found the spot where it had been hit by the xbow bolt. Hit it good if it were real he'd be piled up where he stood, It was a great shot! Took a pretty good chip out of the ol boy. Like I said in the original post if that bolt had gone over his back it would have flown right through my neighbors living room window!

It wouldn't be out of the question for a deer to be standing in my front yard, Yes I do live in a small town and the street I live on is right in the village but there is also a mountain that people do hunt at the end of my street, so seeing on in my yard wouldn't be out of the question, I just can't believe there are people that careless (forget about the legal part) I mean it was just as easy to have killed someone as it was to "kill" that statue. I am never amazed by some of these backwoods idiots riding around with a 12 pack and a weapon looking to shoot deer at night, It takes all kinds to make this world go 'round.

Several mornings over the last two weeks, as I pulled into work (we have an office in my brother-in-law's house) there was a buck in the neighbor's back lawn.  (Yes, a real one.)  We have doe coming through the yard all the time, but I never tried to shoot any.  Think a little, people!