fox with .308

Hmmm......Anyone know a screen printer who could produce a "I Am A Fox Killer" T-shirt?  It would sell well on here.  Actually, anything that has to do with killing would sell well on here.  This "Hunting Forum" does much to advance the arguments of the anti-hunting crowd.  You go, guys!!!

The only anti hunting sentiment I see here is yours bud.He is totally in his right to hunt fox with a 308,just like you can shoot a deer with a 223.Is it the best tool for the job???nope but it will work.I am pretty sure if we had a shirt made that said "I am a nit picking ninny who hates anyone that doesn't do as I would is a bad person and fuels the anti hunting crowd"....well at least one would get sold anyways!

Edited by MACHINIST
  • Like 1

I am pretty sure if we had a shirt made that said "I am a nit picking ninny who hates anyone that doesn't do as I would is a bad person and fuels the anti hunting crowd"....well at least one would get sold anyways!

LOL

and payed for with homemade tallow soap and hand carved wooden nickles!

haha just bustin Earl

Edited by PREDATE
  • Like 1

I dont get it? What's wrong with hunting fox? Any schmuck can go out and shoot a deer. A fox is much tougher to hunt than a deer.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Nothing with the actual hunting of them, it is in the attitude toward them. Non -hunters, and I don't necessarily mean confirmed anti-hunters generally will not accept collection of trophies. The guy who has a pelt on his wall because he thinks its unique wont offend the level-headed but the trophy hunter  whose focus is on pelts and mounts is a different story. Taking them opportunistically while deer hunting isn't exactly fox hunting either, but I wouldn't condemn that for one pelt taken as a trophy. I wouldn't condemn trapping or shooting a bunch for the fur market either. The problems root in an unsophisticated conservation ethic and backward thinking about predators in general. Predators kill other animals to eat - we get it. Guess what, they been doing that forever... And the deer and turkey are still here... What exasperates conflict is when hunters demonize predators and then describe their personal role or the role of hunters as some sort of "Angel of Mercy" by taking predators.

Yet trapping them seems acceptable.

Lets face it, I trap, but the trappers, especially in this state,  the NY trappers association have done a very good job of gaining public acceptance. A lot of that success has to do with licensed wildlife control trappers and fur trappers providing services for property owners , municipalities, etc... The fur market crash might actually have preserved trapping because trappers found other ways (including the taxidermy market) to counterbalance the depressed fur market. As more trappers entered into nuisance abatement it convinced the public it was something "needed". I doubt the public at large thinks very highly of trappers or trapping, but views them as "tools", kind of like my view of law enforcement...

Hmmm......Anyone know a screen printer who could produce a "I Am A Fox Killer" T-shirt?  It would sell well on here.  Actually, anything that has to do with killing would sell well on here.  This "Hunting Forum" does much to advance the arguments of the anti-hunting crowd.  You go, guys!!!

What is it? Do we have a bit of a fox version of Bambi-ism going on here? Does the fox look a bit too much like a little doggie? you probably have a problem with bobcat hunters shooting the little kitty-cat too. It's a shame these things don't all look like rats ....right? That would make it all better.

Come-on, what the heck is wrong with you coming on a hunting site and whining about such crazy stuff? Do you have a problem understanding the concept of maintaining wildlife health through population control. That's some pretty basic stuff. Try to back off of the Disney movies for a while and throw away that PETA stuff when it comes in the mail. The little cute doggies and kitties of the wild will do just fine with a little population control .... lol.

• Like 1

just wondering what you guys think a .308 caliber rifle would do to a smaller red fox that I have been seeing. Is it worth it to shoot or will their be nothing left?

Do you have any other choices? A .22 hornet would be great. A .222 or .223 would work well too. Heck, a .22 long rifle will do the job as long as you aren't trying to reach out too far. .308 is a bit of overkill if you have any intentions of using the pelt afterward.

To be a hunter, one must not think like all other hunters...or agree with them as to hunting philosophy, methods, equipment, etc.   I shoot only what I intend to eat;  I collect no trophies, mounts, pelts, etc.  I recognize the role the fox plays in the wild.  I will not kill him solely for the sake of killing/displaying him.  I figure every mouse he gets makes for one less to spread the deadly deer tick.

I have had the chance to shoot at several Fox but never bothered, I had one this year at less than 10 yards with my bow carrying a rabbit. Pretty cool to see and if I was interested in a mount that would have been it. I have had chances on Coyote's too with the bow but always passed, maybe someday I will take one.

To be a hunter, one must not think like all other hunters...or agree with them as to hunting philosophy, methods, equipment, etc.   I shoot only what I intend to eat;  I collect no trophies, mounts, pelts, etc.  I recognize the role the fox plays in the wild.  I will not kill him solely for the sake of killing/displaying him.  I figure every mouse he gets makes for one less to spread the deadly deer tick.

What is your view on others like woodchucks and prairie dogs?

To be a hunter, one must not think like all other hunters...or agree with them as to hunting philosophy, methods, equipment, etc. I shoot only what I intend to eat; I collect no trophies, mounts, pelts, etc. I recognize the role the fox plays in the wild. I will not kill him solely for the sake of killing/displaying him. I figure every mouse he gets makes for one less to spread the deadly deer tick.

That's your choice. But there's no reason to bash people who do only hunt for trophies/displays, as long as its legal.

• Like 1

Let's see if I have this straight: You can bash me....but I CANNOT bash you! That's Humpty Dumpty logic, right?

You posted the whole fox killer t shirt out of nowhere. Like I said before anyone can kill a deer, but a fox is much tougher to kill. If everyone on the site hunted fox, we wouldn't see as much success as we do for deer. If its legal who cares. I would shoot you and put your head on the wall, if it was legal.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

There are many reasons for hunting, and eating is just one of them. Leave the condemnation of taking trophies and enjoying the challenge of hunting, or whatever other reasons that people hunt to those who would shut down hunting for any and all reasons.

Absolutely there are many anti-hunting folks who try to make it their business to judge and condemn our activity and motives as you are. They do so with an eye toward shutting us down. And every time you join forces with the antis by condemning the motives of other hunters, you serve their purposes and add support to their efforts of doing away with all hunting. I have to say that the tone and content of a couple of your replies certainly looks like you have more than a little commonality with those folks. There is a distinct Disney-like aspect to a couple of your replies which is the hallmark of most anti hunting people.

And of course the main point that is flying completely over your head is that the alternatives to any activity that controls the population of any wildlife species is a cyclical catastrophic collapse of their entire population. And that only after the populations endure all manner of anguish and suffering by the ravages of disease and starvation. That is what you are a proponent of when you start talking about the condemnation of harvesting any species.