Long Island Deer Cull- new article

virgil

Not sure why, but I'm having trouble copying the link to the article.  It's in today's Newsday.  If anyone else can copy it, I think you'd find it interesting. 

Interesting- see the part about changing restrictions for bowhunters to allow within 150ft of buildings.

150ft is key. The deer here on long island feel so safe near houses. Let us get closer and thank you.

I'll say it again:

You can hunt NOW closer than 500 ft.

You just need the same permission that you will need to recover when the deer you shoot runs 150+ ft to the adjoining property. If they won't give you permission now to hunt closer, you are most likely going to have problems with recovery from their yard, driveway and under the swingset.

• 1 month later...

I hear the "animal activists" are having a rally out east tomorrow. Some guys on the LI bow hunting FB site are going to join them.

This is turning into a very weird situation………...

Oh man, this is just too funny!!! First the crossbow organizations want us to send Bon-bons and thank you notes to Cuomo for his support of crossbows and now the LI bow hunters are rallying with animal rights people against the cull. I guess next we will hear the antler restriction supporters admit that they are gay! LOL. Man, hunters are doomed for sure!

Oh man, this is just too funny!!! First the crossbow organizations want us to send Bon-bons and thank you notes to Cuomo for his support of crossbows and now the LI bow hunters are rallying with animal rights people against the cull. I guess next we will hear the antler restriction supporters admit that they are gay! LOL. Man, hunters are doomed for sure!

What?  OMG

FYI-This is what's going on today for those interested.

RALLY TO PROTEST THE CULL SCHEDULED TOMORROW. 

Although this was organized by "animal activists", they understand how important hunting has become in managing the deer population on LI. Remember, Rome was not built in a day, with that said we should show our colors.

It is designed to protest the Cull and that is exactly what we are about. You will see that Hunters will be looked upon differently as we go through this journey together, by our peers and critics.

PARTICIPANTS will occupy the green at Hook Mill on North Main Street on Saturday, January 18, starting at 1 p.m.

Edited by First-light

• 4 weeks later...